“Excellent and clean” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Savannah, Georgia
“Excellent and clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here many times and have never had a bad experience. Rooms are very clean bad beds I would consider medium in firmness. Across the street is the mall with the rail restaurant and massage envy. Nice to have a drink and walk around.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

The front desk staff and support people went over and above board to meet our needs. Although I didn’t get connecting rooms as requested, the staff informed me that the room that was connecting to mine was available the second night and graciously swapped my mother-in-law from the adjacent room to the connecting room the next day. Other requested needs such as a playpen for my visiting grandsons were met graciously and promptly. I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time that I’m in Akron.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Akron, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

It was an alright stay, nothing over te top. if your looking for a place to sleep this will get the job done. Maybe the one cookie is enough to get your motor running about the place. I also feel the TV's are kinda small.

Pittsburgh, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We arrived at 10pm or so on Friday and the cookie was cold and hard--- a advertisement sent to me states A warm cookie will be waiting for you. In addition the cookie has nuts--my son has a peanut and tree nut allergy and was looking forward to enjoying a cookie--but then I had to disappoint him. When I made the RSVP--which was through a large group of us staying there -- I was told with the High price has breakfast included. This was not the Case. Saturday morning I explained to Emily at the front desk that most of our large group families received a voucher but we had not, and she was willing to argue rather than accommodate and very willing to have us be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Manager3180, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron - Fairlawn, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Luz U, let me first thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Akron/Fairlawn as the home base for your son's soccer team recently. The chocolate chip walnut cookie has been a DoubleTree standard for more than 25 years but we do understand that with dietary allergies, some guests are not able to enjoy this treat. Our front desk staff is more than happy to offer an alternative snack from our DoubleTreats gift shop when they are made aware of an allergy. With your particular group discount, unfortunately breakfast was only included for Gold and Diamond tier Hilton Honors members, however, we do pride ourselves on our affordable and delicious breakfast options. Luz U, we do hope to leave every guest with a positive impression and I regret that you had any disappointment in your stay. We hope that we have a future opportunity to serve you and your family, thank you again for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Akron/Fairlawn.
Sumter, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very nice and clean hotel. My first time staying at this DoubleTree. It is located within walk distance of the Summit Mall, one of the nicest mall I have ever visited. I will make this my hotel of choice when visiting the area in the future.

Cincinnati, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Reception area is nice and clean, same with the room. everything as expected on that front. Breakfast experience was not so good. When I got in, the air had a particular unclean smell (I guess the carpet needs to be cleaned), and the floor under my table was sticky. Also, I received a fruit bowl that did not look fresh, so I did not eat it.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Manager3180, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron - Fairlawn, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Marko, thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I apologize for any disappointment you had in your restaurant experience. I have spoken with the restaurant manager about the unpleasant smell you encountered and she assured me that the carpets are professionally deep cleaned every few weeks in addition to the regular daily sweeping and spot removal. We hope that every guest leaves our doors with a desire to return and we hope that these instances of disappointment do not prevent you from allowing us a future opportunity to serve you. Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Akron/Fairlawn.
pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The room was clean. The bed was very comfortable. We only stayed the night. We were there for a wedding. The next morning we were going for a brunch at a family members home. We only had coffee and half a bagel with cream cheese that I split with my husband.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
#1 of 5 in Fairlawn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Hampton Inn Akron - Fairlawn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn
Courtyard Akron Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Akron

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron - Fairlawn? Share your experiences!