“Something happened”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Akron, Ohio
“Something happened”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This used to be our favorite place for pizza...now it is just awful. After several delivery screw ups (coming not fully cooked or burnt the next time....ordering for pick up to find out they sent it out with a driver by accident and waiting for them to make a new one and saying "next time will be on the house"...call in to get the one on the house and they accused me of lying. No one who works there is concerned with their bad service. My bet...won't be around for much longer.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank mcraig528
David W, Manager at Mr. G's Pizzeria & Wings, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
I'm deeply sorry for your recent string of bad experiences. I assure you that quality service is of the utmost importance to us at Mr. G's and I would like very much to make this right for you on your next visit. When you call/stop in, let me know that you spoke with Dave and were told that you were owed a pizza of your choosing.

I look forward to seeing/hearing from you soon and once again apologize for your bad experiences.

Akron, Ohio
“Best pizza in area.”
Reviewed 16 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Since we only do carry out there I will not comment on service. Atmosphere is a a bit brightly over lit for my taste if I was to dine in. The pizza is good and the sauce is done right with enough garlic and spices . Having lived in Chicago for twenty five years I know good pizza. If you do get carry out check the pizza before you leave as their consistency is not the best.

Visited January 2014
If we can get a Chicago native to agree that our New York style pizza is the best in the area then we must be doing something right. Glad to see that you came over to the dark side Keith!
Medina
“Outstanding New York style pizza”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Last night (Monday) my wife and I decided to try Mr. G's Pizzaeria and Wings. My whole intent was to try there New York style pizza.

Upon arrival we were greeted and seated immediately. There were about 6 or 7 tables in use. The place was very clean. Our server was very nice and did an excellent job. She kept our water glasses full but was not bothersome.

My wife and I ordered a large antipasto salad to share. Everything was fresh and it was piled high with cheese. It was excellent.

We also ordered an 18" NY style pizza. It was excellent as well. They even have a 24" round NY style pizza for $19.95. That's a great price.

We can't wait to go back and have it again. I'm going to try the spaghetti too.

• Visited October 2013