All reviews full size fridge pet fee assistant gm breakfast attendant nice property would highly recommend this hotel fresh fruit bed was comfortable the breakfast area convenient location akron fairlawn a great stay next morning brand guests chester ray
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Due to a house fire my family was displaced and had to move into The Residence Inn Suites for 2.5 months! During our stay at this hotel we were treated great! The staff was always friendly, our room was always clean and fresh, and they always found ways to accommodate me and my family for all of our needs. We especially enjoyed the wonderful breakfast that was available every morning along with The Social hour with food and drinks that was offered Mon-Wed. Of all the great things that was provided to my family during our stay I have to mention one staff member who was the absolute best, her name was Clarice! She made us feel so welcomed during our stay, she was always helpful and was a joy to see every morning. I only had 1 complaint during my stay and that was of one staff member named Melanie who worked in the kitchen for breakfast. Melanie was very rude to myself and my family on a daily basis, I thought for a while it was just her having a bad day but it continued throughout our 2 month stay. She needs more training on how to treat people and to be a little more friendly to the African American guests. Other than that this is a great hotel and I would recommend anyone to visit!

Room Tip: Corner room with 2 bedrooms are really nice!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Lots of space, decent bed, decent climate control. Forceful shower, but poor seal so water on floor after each shower. Everything was in working order from TV to kitchen items. Hotel breakfast was above average for hotel breakfasts and had healthier things like spinach. Breakfast staff was more cheerful than I have ever been.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018

I absolutely love staying at this hotel. The location is great. It's very clean the rooms are really nice, cozy, and roomy. There staff is friendly. When Melanie Fleming is working I most definitely know. She keeps the breakfast area clean and I must say the breakfast exceeded my expectations and was really good. I also love the way she comes out to make sure everything is stocked, still clean and come talk to the people to make sure they are ok. I look forward to seeing her every stay. I really enjoy every stay. The beds are comfortable. I've stayed twice since they have been in the new location. I don't like that Pets are allowed. I was mad a lady had her dog in the eating area and he wasn't a little dog. The breakfast attendant did let her know Pets aren't allowed in the area. But the lady acted as though she hadn't been told and was slowful about removing her dog from the area. I wish they would change the pet policy. Some people are allergic to Pets. I'm allergic to cats.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

The rooms are wonderful all the staff was wonderful except Melanie that served breakfast. She made us feel so uncomfortable I didn't want to eat when she was working. Clarice was great she was so welcoming. One bad apple can make the bunch sour. Melanie was so rude she doesn't belong in this hotel never once did she say hi and every time I went to get food she acted like I was eating food from her kitchen and made me feel so uncomfortable. She should clean rooms not serve breakfast I'm so upset how uncomfortable she made me feel

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Every single employee is very good at their job, but Melanie in the mornings will start your day off right. Every single day she is in a good mood, always smiling and asking how the guest is. She engages herself to find out about the guest and remembers their names. She truly knows what customer service is all about. I was staying here because our house had a bad fire and Melanie was very genuine and concerned about our family.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
RJM14476, General Manager at Residence Inn Akron Fairlawn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Mike E,
Thank you for the kind words of the staff, Melanie and the rest of the staff are hard workers and are encouraged to be engaged with the guests. Great to hear form you.

Ray