“holiday trip to ohio”

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Findlay
Southington, Connecticut
“holiday trip to ohio”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights while visiting family in neighboring Ottawa, OH. I was able to secure a few bucks off for the "extended stay rate". Expected an average room but ended up enjoying a king size bedroom that was pretty spacious. The refrigerator and microwave were an added plus. We didn't eat the breakfast as we enjoyed a sitdown meal with the extended fam. From what I did see, it was pastries, cereal and juice..the typical continental b-fast. I felt that the room was clean and kept up to date. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Geno R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This establishment does not even deserve one star for terrible; it is disgusting! I was looking for a place to rest my head after a 12 hour drive, but I was not asking to sleep with cockroaches! The sheets were dirty and the comforter has cigarette holes in it. I checked out early and told the front desk agent about the issue and he responded by telling me that having cockroaches was unheard of and that I should make it known to them sooner...how much sooner do they want. My partner and I checked in at 12:00 pm and left later that afternoon. I now know to pick the Red Roof Inn over Rodeway Inn Findlay anyday if I want a quick stop to rest my head.

Room Tip: Choose anything else outside of Rodeway Inn Findlay.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank S_E1_O

Travellers are raving about these Findlay hotels

Allen Park, Michigan
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed here last week for a soccer tournament in Findlay. Booked the room on my drive down to Findlay. The room was not too bad. The bed seemed pretty new and the carpeting was nice. The TV could use an upgrade but all the channels worked so that was fine. Hotel is located in a nice quiet area next to another hotel and seafood restaurant. I'll probably stay here again if the price is still around $45.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert M
St. Marys, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2013

At south of $50 a night how much can you expect? My son and I were scuba diving at Gilboa so this place was more than adequate. I like that I can park in front of my room. Forget the "breakfast" in the lobby. This place is right off I-75 and convenient to everything in Findlay. The rooms are tired and less than clean but, "Hey! It'll do!"
Cheers!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MJO_1991
Davison
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Hotel is older and can use some updating but, overall, it was an play experience. I DEMAND clean sheets. It had those. I like convenience and affordability, and it had those things two.

The downsides? WiFi sucked, bathroom was a bit on the dirty side night clerk was VERY hard to understand, common areas could be cleaner and updated.

Would I stay here again? Considering that I saved about 40% over other hotels in the area, yes.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank momtomitchell
Lafayette, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed here while traveling from TN to Brampton ON. We were very tired and the area hotels were booked full so we went here. Price was good, but room not worth anymore. There was suppose to be free wireless internet available but it never did work. Called the office and they said try later, probably full. Not much help! The air conditioner was horrible. Once you turned it on it would cool but once cooled room it would shut off and never come back on. Husband was up and down about 4 to 5 times that night trying to adjust it. It would get so hot in there ! The beds were nothing to brag about either. We stay at lots of economical hotels and this was one of the worst.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank B T
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I chose this hotel for the price, as well as their having free wi-fi, fridges and microwave ovens in the rooms. Beautiful flowers are planted around the facility. The room smelled faintly of fresh paint and was attractive and clean. Adequate lighting, decent and quiet a/c. Front desk staff were friendly and happy to have me. The bed was comfortable, the shower fine. Seemed to be a quiet location. They serve fresh coffee and juice in the morning with minimal breakfast offerings. Ice machine was out of service. Bring your own shampoo. I was very pleasantly surprised at the value for the price I paid. I'd recommend this place--it has apparently been making great progress!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo