“Decent Hampton, Decent Location”

Hampton Inn Findlay
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Findlay
Reviewed 13 April 2009

Stayed here on a business trip to NW Ohio last week. Like to stay at Hilton-based properties, and this was the best logistical option for me. The hotel was in a great location - right off I-75, with several restaurants nearby.

The property was older - not one of the original Hamptons, not one of the newer ones, built somewhere in between...I'd guess 10+ years old. The hotel was in pretty good shape though, seemed updated and clean enough. Just the architecture and style of the rooms and common areas is different than the newer ones. No big deal, didn't bother me at all, just an observation.

The price was good (<$100), they had the standard Hampton breakfast choices (egg disks + one other hot item, then lots of breads/cereals, etc.), and kept the coffee stocked all day long. Staff were courteous enough, no complaints there. Only stayed here one night, so don't have too many other observations...

There was ample parking, and ample seating in the breakfast area. One (-) though, was that there was no fitness/exercise room; they do have a jogging "track"/trail outside around a retaining pond, but not a good option when it was 28 and snowing that morning. Other reviewers have mentioned the truck noise - the hotel is right off of I-75 - but I didn't really notice it; the heater was on, and I could hear that, plus it was VERY windy, so heard the winds whipping around the corner of the building, but not enough to really disrupt sleep that night.

Can't hold that too much against the hotel, as there weren't a lot of options. I will probably stay here again if in the area; would be too much of a drive to stay in Toledo.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Travel_Reviewer20

Reviewed 17 January 2009

The truck noise from the adjacent interstate is VERY loud.

I've stayed next door at the Quality Inn many times and never noticed any truck noise.

Thought I'd give the Hampton a stay this time as the decor and rooms seemed newer and nicer.

The staff and decor are much nicer, but the trucks woke me up. My business companion said that the truck noise was very loud in his room too.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2008

This Hampton Inn was a decent small market facility. The room was clean and the bedding up to top notch standards. The hotel has three floors, but only one elevator. This did not bother me as they have nice staircases on either end of the hall. Having vending on each floor would have been a nice bonus. The room I had was facing I-75 and a little noisy, but not enough to keep me from getting a good night's sleep. If you are a light sleeper, you might request a room facing the parking lot and away from I-75. I would stay here on my next business trip to Findlay.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 22 July 2008

Have been coming to Findlay my whole life. First time we've stayed at the Findlay Hampton Inn. Glad we stayed at the Hampton. The staff are very helpful and go above and beyond to make you feel at home. For example, when the maid cleaned she created a card game using my daughter's stuffed animals. The staff gave my daughter a bag full of crayons, coloring books, card games, and other small toys. Our room was comfy and clean. Can walk around the hotel room barefoot. Can walk to several restaurants and just a short drive to other areas of town, parks, mall, shopping. Will stay again!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2008

This is a fine hotel just the heating is not a 100% up to par. I stayed here on a very cold night. I arrived with out a reservation but the staff was cordial and found me a room at the government rate without issue. The first floor room seemed a bit small. The desk was so tiny it was worthless for doing work on. The king size bed though nice was so large in the room that it crushed the lounge chair so tightly into the corner that it was not enjoyable.

But mainly it was cold. Now it was below zero outside, but the heat must have been off in for days in my room before I arrived. I cranked the heat but only was able to coax a little bit of heat into the room. The cold weather so over powered the heater that I could only run it on low. At the high setting it flooded the room with cold air. It was not till I crawled in bed that I took my coat off. And only several hours later that I got out of bed to undress!

The next morning the room was warm. The breakfast was nice and the coffee hot so I could not complain

The hotel has a pool with a hot tub. There was a couple in the hot tub trying to “get warm”the night I stayed. So I moved on, not wanting to be a voyeur. There is a lot around this hotel. The movie theater, Outback and others were with in walking distance. There is a large Wal-Mart across the street. So all your needs are met.

Don’t know if I would go out of my way to stay here but not bad for a quick stop or a quickie!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2007

I spent one night here for business. Check in went smoothly and the staff were pleasant enough. The room was clean, but a little small. It had windows that actually opened which was nice since the weather was very cool. The noise during the evening was very minimal so was able to sleep without the air conditioning.

Wireless internet worked well while I was there. There are several dining options around and many that will deliver free of charge to this hotel. There is no gym, but they provide a pass to the local YMCA.

Continental breakfast was typical for hotels. The hotel location is convenient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank taffy2001
Reviewed 8 August 2007

Booked directly with hotel, we were in town for a family wedding. We had booked a double queen room for two adults and two children. On our arrival they stated they were over booked and we were given a king with a roll away. Not enough room for a faimly of four(two teenagers). They apoligized and stated they would move us if another room became available. On check out the next morning they stated they had tried to contact us to move rooms, but we wern't in. We did not get back to room from wedding until after 12PM. They did give me extra Hilton Honors points but I had to ask. This is the first time I have ever experienced a problem with a Hampton Inn. I was very disappointed that my confirmed reservation was not honored.

The room, pool and breakfast area were all very clean. This was a typical Hampton property.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family