“It was good until. . .”

Drury Inn & Suites Findlay
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Findlay
Reviewed 28 January 2014

To preface this review, the hotel itself was nice, property was clean, rooms were clean and the "deals" (I will discuss later) were a nice surprise. What ruined my stay for me was the lack of communication between front desk and guest (namely me). I stayed here on Jan 24, 25 and 26th. I was sharing a room with a friend, when I checked in the desk guy asked for my credit card (not unusual) and I said to him as I was handing it over, "you are not charging this card are you?" and he said no, they would charge it when I checked out on Sunday. My response then was good because we are splitting the charge and my friend was paying in cash. Well as we returned to the room on Sat. night the bill had been placed under our door. (this is saturday night not sunday when I was going to check out at the desk to settle up) and the full amount had been charged to the room. So I called downstairs to the front desk, explained my issue and was told my the desk that no that is not how it works, they charge the card. I then told the young lady what I had been told and that part of the bill was to be paid in cash so what are my options. She said I could come down and they would issue a refund and re-bill me but it would take about 10 days to have the money returned to my acct~10 DAYS!! Well, I could not wait 10 days for a refund so I told her I would figure it out. (though that was not the issue, my issue was I had said something to the desk person when I checked in why didn't he take the case then????) My hope was I had enough money to cover the whole charge in my acct. (which I did). But this did give me a nasty taste in my mouth.
Prior to this, like I said the hotel is clean, rooms clean and they offer guest hot breakfasts and a "happy hour" type of dinner thing with 3 free adult drinks and hot food buffet. This is nice and saves on costs when traveling. They also offer free coffee and pop during the day but bring your own creamer because all they offer after breakfast it is only dry creamer (yuck). I did see a security guard roaming the hotel on Friday night and did hear them break up a party near the pool on Saturday. We were in the conference room that seemed roomy and the lighting was decent but the air was dry (lots of static) which made it stuffy. There was another function in the adjoining conference room and I did not hear them so it is soundproofed. So I think if the hotel would be more clear on payment options and everyone get on the same page this could have been a 4 or 5 rating.
*PS the floors in this place are all marble, so they can be dangerous when wet, BEWARE!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from I75 traffic, I heard it all night!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank forksbabe
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Findlay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations by not giving you all the needed information about credit card authorizations when you checked in to the hotel. I can certainly understand the frustration in not getting the most accurate information on this. If you would like to contact me at our hotel, 419-422-9700 at your convenience, I would love to be able to speak with you regarding this error to your account. Thank you also for the kind words regarding our cleanliness and other amenities. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Elizabeth Beining

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and still love the location! Many food choices nearby including the locals favorite pizza joint (jac n dos). The breakfast buffett is average and the kickback service is ok (5;30 to 7) it consist of hot dogs,nachos and pasta plus three free alcoholic beverages basically. The only drawback is the chance of being roomed by a yappy dog which I had for 2 of the nights I stayed. There are a couple good choices nearby and I know a new Hilton Garden Inn is going in soon.

Room Tip: The suites are nice and roomy
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We love this hotel, because it has a very classy feel to it, and yet it is very reasonably priced. It doesn't hurt that they offer a generous discount to parents of University of Findlay students, which, as it happens, we are. We have stayed there several times now, and it is our favorite hotel in the Findlay area.

As others have pointed out, one of this hotel's most attractive features is the varied HOT breakfast and the free evening light meal and free drinks. The soda machine is available 24 hours a day, which is nice, because you don't need to spend a lot of money in the vending machines. All of those things help keep expenses down when you're on a weekend visit there.

The hotel staff are also extremely friendly and helpful every time we go there.

The rooms themselves are clean and very nicely furnished and fitted out. There are plenty of electrical outlets if you carry electronic devices that need to be charged and/or plugged in. As a diabetic, I appreciate the fridge being there for my insulin. There is plenty of good lighting and the beds are very comfortable.

My only complaint is that, every weekend that we have been there, it is such a nice and popular hotel that we seldom feel comfortable going down to use the pool or hot tub—they're usually crowded all the time on the weekends. But that's our problem—it certainly doesn't speak ill of the hotel!

Oh, and there are plenty of eating options close by the hotel as well, if you don't want to rely on the two free meals a day provided by the hotel itself.

One of the best...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The Drury was a very nice hotel with great amenities. The hotel was nice decorated with updates rooms and facilities. The rooms were clean and the complementary breakfast was good. Also nice was the evening snack which could serve as a meal if you really wanted to save money. The pool an hot tub area were also nice and kept clean. A nice hotel with good service which I would recommend.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a family owned and operated chain and this is reflected by the attitude of the staff. Brendan and Brandon were excellent a was Elizabeth (Manager). The room was clean, comfortable with a frig, microwave and well appointed bathroom. The beds are comfortable and the pop and ice machine are well hidden behind the elevators so no noise down the hall corridor.
Room noise from other rooms closing doors is minimal.
We plan to stay here on our trip home. This was our first visit to a Drury and it will not be the last. The food offered for the evening happy hour was two pastas, one meatballs, salad, nachos, hot dogs etc. WELL DONE!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have actually been going to this hotel for a couple of years. The lobby is exceptional. I love how this hotel looks like a high end 5 star hotel. The one thing that surprised me is that this hotel is DOG FRIENDLY. You would never guess that unless you asked.

The rooms are comfortable and have all the makings for a great night sleep. The free drinks in the evening are a nice bonus. The bartender let me have all three of our rooms drinks to take upstairs so I could relax.

I have stayed in some very nice hotels and have to say that this one rivals them all.

Room Tip: I have stayed in many different rooms at this hotel and have never had a bad room. You can't go...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2013

On a spur of the moment decision, we decided to stay at the Drury Inn in Findlay. It was a wonderful choice. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food and bar that came with the cost of the room helped make the stay comfortable and relaxing. There was no need to run out to find a place to eat. The place was very clean. I would definitely stay here again. The price was a little higher than the places listed in the "coupon book" at the visitor center, but well worth it when you consider all the amenities.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple