To preface this review, the hotel itself was nice, property was clean, rooms were clean and the "deals" (I will discuss later) were a nice surprise. What ruined my stay for me was the lack of communication between front desk and guest (namely me). I stayed here on Jan 24, 25 and 26th. I was sharing a room with a friend, when I checked in the desk guy asked for my credit card (not unusual) and I said to him as I was handing it over, "you are not charging this card are you?" and he said no, they would charge it when I checked out on Sunday. My response then was good because we are splitting the charge and my friend was paying in cash. Well as we returned to the room on Sat. night the bill had been placed under our door. (this is saturday night not sunday when I was going to check out at the desk to settle up) and the full amount had been charged to the room. So I called downstairs to the front desk, explained my issue and was told my the desk that no that is not how it works, they charge the card. I then told the young lady what I had been told and that part of the bill was to be paid in cash so what are my options. She said I could come down and they would issue a refund and re-bill me but it would take about 10 days to have the money returned to my acct~10 DAYS!! Well, I could not wait 10 days for a refund so I told her I would figure it out. (though that was not the issue, my issue was I had said something to the desk person when I checked in why didn't he take the case then????) My hope was I had enough money to cover the whole charge in my acct. (which I did). But this did give me a nasty taste in my mouth.
Prior to this, like I said the hotel is clean, rooms clean and they offer guest hot breakfasts and a "happy hour" type of dinner thing with 3 free adult drinks and hot food buffet. This is nice and saves on costs when traveling. They also offer free coffee and pop during the day but bring your own creamer because all they offer after breakfast it is only dry creamer (yuck). I did see a security guard roaming the hotel on Friday night and did hear them break up a party near the pool on Saturday. We were in the conference room that seemed roomy and the lighting was decent but the air was dry (lots of static) which made it stuffy. There was another function in the adjoining conference room and I did not hear them so it is soundproofed. So I think if the hotel would be more clear on payment options and everyone get on the same page this could have been a 4 or 5 rating.
*PS the floors in this place are all marble, so they can be dangerous when wet, BEWARE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. Drury Inn & Suites situated near Findlay College on I-75 & US 224, 1 mile from downtown & 2 miles from airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Findlay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Findlay Hotel Findlay
- Drury Inn And Suites Findlay
- Drury Inn Findlay
- Findlay Drury
- Drury Inn & Suites Findlay Ohio