“Best hotel chain ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Findlay
Brantford, Canada
“Best hotel chain ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I did hesitate to give this review, only because it might make the Drury Inns even more popular and they won't have room for me! We first read about them in the book "I-75" by Dave Hunter as "Interstate 75's best kept secret". Well the secret is out. We used as many Drury Inns as we could along our route - Findlay, Middletown, Valdosta, both on our way to Florida and on our way back home. Although they may be a little more expensive than some hotels, they are worth every penny. Beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, a hot dinner, along with 3 drinks of alcohol (or unlimited soda) and a fabulous breakfast are all included in the price. Not to mention a big plus for us - pet friendly. I would stay in one every night of my travels if I could!

Room Tip: No need to choose - every room we had was fabulous, although sometimes an "extra large" ro...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stopped here on the way back from a bus trip to Florida. We got in late but the reception of the hotel staff was friendly and they went out of their way to make us comfortable on the worst day ever. The rooms were clean and beautifully furnished. A welcome relief after the horrendous and over priced hotel we stayed in treasure island Florida. It restored my faith in American hospitality. We were late and lost because the exit was closed and traffic heavy but they helped us find our way there. Wish we could have spent 21 days under these conditions. Breakfast was wonderful and the best we'd had since we'd been on the road. Thankyou!!!!!!

Room Tip: All of our rooms were great. I wish we would have had more time to enjoy the facility. Hope your wh...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank vicki155016
Woodstock, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed there on Sunday feb 23 night the staff were very friendly and helpful the supper was excellent we had chicken fingers and they were prepared to perfection my husband enjoyed the home made soup and salad ...he also enjoyed the mini carrots one of his favorite raw vegetables.... For breakfast the fruit salad was wonderful and I enjoyed the biscuits and gravy, eggs and sausages....the fresh oranges, apples and bananas are such a great idea if you are on the run. Our room was very comfortable and the pool was very inviting the children and adults seemed to really enjoy it we regret we did not have the time to enjoy it but guaranteed we will be in there the next time we return, I can't wait to try going from the indoor heated pool to the outdoor heated pool by swimming under the glass wall separating the two.
I definitely recommend this hotel for adults as well as families, you will not be disappointed ...Awesome staff!

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor and it was very quiet this is our first time to this facility the only th...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Chelsea, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I never want to stay anywhere else! The lobby is warm & welcoming, rooms are clean & spacious, nice gym equipment. I didn't use the pool, but it was very clean, large & extended outside. The complimentary breakfasts were quite a spread. They also offer a complimentary meal in the evenings! For the cost I'm truly impressed with the services & amenities.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Toledo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

To preface this review, the hotel itself was nice, property was clean, rooms were clean and the "deals" (I will discuss later) were a nice surprise. What ruined my stay for me was the lack of communication between front desk and guest (namely me). I stayed here on Jan 24, 25 and 26th. I was sharing a room with a friend, when I checked in the desk guy asked for my credit card (not unusual) and I said to him as I was handing it over, "you are not charging this card are you?" and he said no, they would charge it when I checked out on Sunday. My response then was good because we are splitting the charge and my friend was paying in cash. Well as we returned to the room on Sat. night the bill had been placed under our door. (this is saturday night not sunday when I was going to check out at the desk to settle up) and the full amount had been charged to the room. So I called downstairs to the front desk, explained my issue and was told my the desk that no that is not how it works, they charge the card. I then told the young lady what I had been told and that part of the bill was to be paid in cash so what are my options. She said I could come down and they would issue a refund and re-bill me but it would take about 10 days to have the money returned to my acct~10 DAYS!! Well, I could not wait 10 days for a refund so I told her I would figure it out. (though that was not the issue, my issue was I had said something to the desk person when I checked in why didn't he take the case then????) My hope was I had enough money to cover the whole charge in my acct. (which I did). But this did give me a nasty taste in my mouth.
Prior to this, like I said the hotel is clean, rooms clean and they offer guest hot breakfasts and a "happy hour" type of dinner thing with 3 free adult drinks and hot food buffet. This is nice and saves on costs when traveling. They also offer free coffee and pop during the day but bring your own creamer because all they offer after breakfast it is only dry creamer (yuck). I did see a security guard roaming the hotel on Friday night and did hear them break up a party near the pool on Saturday. We were in the conference room that seemed roomy and the lighting was decent but the air was dry (lots of static) which made it stuffy. There was another function in the adjoining conference room and I did not hear them so it is soundproofed. So I think if the hotel would be more clear on payment options and everyone get on the same page this could have been a 4 or 5 rating.
*PS the floors in this place are all marble, so they can be dangerous when wet, BEWARE!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from I75 traffic, I heard it all night!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank forksbabe
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Findlay, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations by not giving you all the needed information about credit card authorizations when you checked in to the hotel. I can certainly understand the frustration in not getting the most accurate information on this. If you would like to contact me at our hotel, 419-422-9700 at your convenience, I would love to be able to speak with you regarding this error to your account. Thank you also for the kind words regarding our cleanliness and other amenities. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Elizabeth Beining
Gadsden, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and still love the location! Many food choices nearby including the locals favorite pizza joint (jac n dos). The breakfast buffett is average and the kickback service is ok (5;30 to 7) it consist of hot dogs,nachos and pasta plus three free alcoholic beverages basically. The only drawback is the chance of being roomed by a yappy dog which I had for 2 of the nights I stayed. There are a couple good choices nearby and I know a new Hilton Garden Inn is going in soon.

Room Tip: The suites are nice and roomy
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Alexandria, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

We love this hotel, because it has a very classy feel to it, and yet it is very reasonably priced. It doesn't hurt that they offer a generous discount to parents of University of Findlay students, which, as it happens, we are. We have stayed there several times now, and it is our favorite hotel in the Findlay area.

As others have pointed out, one of this hotel's most attractive features is the varied HOT breakfast and the free evening light meal and free drinks. The soda machine is available 24 hours a day, which is nice, because you don't need to spend a lot of money in the vending machines. All of those things help keep expenses down when you're on a weekend visit there.

The hotel staff are also extremely friendly and helpful every time we go there.

The rooms themselves are clean and very nicely furnished and fitted out. There are plenty of electrical outlets if you carry electronic devices that need to be charged and/or plugged in. As a diabetic, I appreciate the fridge being there for my insulin. There is plenty of good lighting and the beds are very comfortable.

My only complaint is that, every weekend that we have been there, it is such a nice and popular hotel that we seldom feel comfortable going down to use the pool or hot tub—they're usually crowded all the time on the weekends. But that's our problem—it certainly doesn't speak ill of the hotel!

Oh, and there are plenty of eating options close by the hotel as well, if you don't want to rely on the two free meals a day provided by the hotel itself.

One of the best...