“No questions- stay here”

Drury Inn & Suites Findlay
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Findlay
Reviewed 6 April 2014

When traveling you really should never have to question a Drury Inn....you get the best return possible during your stay. Staff are extremely friendly, rooms are great. Simply suggest asking for a room away from I75 as the hum of trucks is not noticeable when you first arrive but during the night you will notice it within the 6 rooms on the end.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We don't review hotels that are just average because they are just that - average. Some will like them, some will not. We do write a review when the experience we had made us think we had to warn others of particular problems.

We recently had 2 stays at this Drury Inn and decided we also need to give hotels that do an outstanding job the credit they are due.

We stayed at the Findlay Drury on 2 separate nights in March and April. One on the way to Florida and one on the way home. Both visits were exceptional. Even with construction on the highway ramp access to the hotel was easy. The staff were exceptionally friendly. From the front desk to the dining room to the cleaning staff, everyone was pleasant, professional and friendly. A special thanks to Amanda for the way she treated us on our most recent stay.

The supper (and free drinks) is something we have not experienced at any other hotel stay.

The breakfast was the best hotel breakfast we have have ever enjoyed.

The rooms are beautifully appointed, clean and comfortable. Most importantly, the rooms are quiet. Even with a full hotel both nights we were never disturbed by noise from the other rooms or hallways.

We did not use the pool or hot tub on these visits, but we did take notice of how clean they were.

Drury Inns will be our hotel of choice from now on.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GandC1981
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I did hesitate to give this review, only because it might make the Drury Inns even more popular and they won't have room for me! We first read about them in the book "I-75" by Dave Hunter as "Interstate 75's best kept secret". Well the secret is out. We used as many Drury Inns as we could along our route - Findlay, Middletown, Valdosta, both on our way to Florida and on our way back home. Although they may be a little more expensive than some hotels, they are worth every penny. Beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, a hot dinner, along with 3 drinks of alcohol (or unlimited soda) and a fabulous breakfast are all included in the price. Not to mention a big plus for us - pet friendly. I would stay in one every night of my travels if I could!

Room Tip: No need to choose - every room we had was fabulous, although sometimes an "extra large" ro...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stopped here on the way back from a bus trip to Florida. We got in late but the reception of the hotel staff was friendly and they went out of their way to make us comfortable on the worst day ever. The rooms were clean and beautifully furnished. A welcome relief after the horrendous and over priced hotel we stayed in treasure island Florida. It restored my faith in American hospitality. We were late and lost because the exit was closed and traffic heavy but they helped us find our way there. Wish we could have spent 21 days under these conditions. Breakfast was wonderful and the best we'd had since we'd been on the road. Thankyou!!!!!!

Room Tip: All of our rooms were great. I wish we would have had more time to enjoy the facility. Hope your wh...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank vicki155016
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed there on Sunday feb 23 night the staff were very friendly and helpful the supper was excellent we had chicken fingers and they were prepared to perfection my husband enjoyed the home made soup and salad ...he also enjoyed the mini carrots one of his favorite raw vegetables.... For breakfast the fruit salad was wonderful and I enjoyed the biscuits and gravy, eggs and sausages....the fresh oranges, apples and bananas are such a great idea if you are on the run. Our room was very comfortable and the pool was very inviting the children and adults seemed to really enjoy it we regret we did not have the time to enjoy it but guaranteed we will be in there the next time we return, I can't wait to try going from the indoor heated pool to the outdoor heated pool by swimming under the glass wall separating the two.
I definitely recommend this hotel for adults as well as families, you will not be disappointed ...Awesome staff!

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor and it was very quiet this is our first time to this facility the only th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I never want to stay anywhere else! The lobby is warm & welcoming, rooms are clean & spacious, nice gym equipment. I didn't use the pool, but it was very clean, large & extended outside. The complimentary breakfasts were quite a spread. They also offer a complimentary meal in the evenings! For the cost I'm truly impressed with the services & amenities.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2014

To preface this review, the hotel itself was nice, property was clean, rooms were clean and the "deals" (I will discuss later) were a nice surprise. What ruined my stay for me was the lack of communication between front desk and guest (namely me). I stayed here on Jan 24, 25 and 26th. I was sharing a room with a friend, when I checked in the desk guy asked for my credit card (not unusual) and I said to him as I was handing it over, "you are not charging this card are you?" and he said no, they would charge it when I checked out on Sunday. My response then was good because we are splitting the charge and my friend was paying in cash. Well as we returned to the room on Sat. night the bill had been placed under our door. (this is saturday night not sunday when I was going to check out at the desk to settle up) and the full amount had been charged to the room. So I called downstairs to the front desk, explained my issue and was told my the desk that no that is not how it works, they charge the card. I then told the young lady what I had been told and that part of the bill was to be paid in cash so what are my options. She said I could come down and they would issue a refund and re-bill me but it would take about 10 days to have the money returned to my acct~10 DAYS!! Well, I could not wait 10 days for a refund so I told her I would figure it out. (though that was not the issue, my issue was I had said something to the desk person when I checked in why didn't he take the case then????) My hope was I had enough money to cover the whole charge in my acct. (which I did). But this did give me a nasty taste in my mouth.
Prior to this, like I said the hotel is clean, rooms clean and they offer guest hot breakfasts and a "happy hour" type of dinner thing with 3 free adult drinks and hot food buffet. This is nice and saves on costs when traveling. They also offer free coffee and pop during the day but bring your own creamer because all they offer after breakfast it is only dry creamer (yuck). I did see a security guard roaming the hotel on Friday night and did hear them break up a party near the pool on Saturday. We were in the conference room that seemed roomy and the lighting was decent but the air was dry (lots of static) which made it stuffy. There was another function in the adjoining conference room and I did not hear them so it is soundproofed. So I think if the hotel would be more clear on payment options and everyone get on the same page this could have been a 4 or 5 rating.
*PS the floors in this place are all marble, so they can be dangerous when wet, BEWARE!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from I75 traffic, I heard it all night!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank forksbabe
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Findlay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations by not giving you all the needed information about credit card authorizations when you checked in to the hotel. I can certainly understand the frustration in not getting the most accurate information on this. If you would like to contact me at our hotel, 419-422-9700 at your convenience, I would love to be able to speak with you regarding this error to your account. Thank you also for the kind words regarding our cleanliness and other amenities. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Elizabeth Beining