“Great group hold up, beautiful interior!”

and 1 more site!
Findlay Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Findlay
Van Wert, Ohio
“Great group hold up, beautiful interior!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My soccer team was in town for a camp in-town, and even though I'm sure the staff were nervous about twenty-some teens in their nice hotel, they treated us with the utmost respect! The rooms were great and spacious, and the cleaning ladies were considerate with our things when the rooms needed cleaned. For example, I had my jerseys laid out on the bed, and they had cleaned the bed, and she even folded my jerseys! Thank you guys so much for putting us up for a weekend! -Member of the Van Wert Cougar Soccer Team

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Wade H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Akron
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Lovely place to stay while visiting this part of Ohio. Hotel is centrally located and the staff members were all extremely kind and helpful. Maybe the best part of this hotel was how well insulated and therefore quiet the rooms were. Even though there was much activity in the hotel, once the door was closed, these sounds mostly disappeared!. Also, within the room, I couldn't hear my daughters using the bathroom! The only negative is that refrigerators are not part of the rooms and you must have one brought to your room for an extra fee.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the Atrium as possible (live music).
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Arlington, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have never been more displeased with the cleanliness of a hotel. When I checked in, I looked at four different rooms (two standard rooms and two suites) and found someone else's body hair in every single bed, on the towels, and in the showers. It wasn't just on top of the sheets, but also made into the bed. Also, all of the sheets had orange, brown, and black stains. The attendant at the front desk wasn't all the helpful and, after rejecting the second room, she asked if I would prefer to have her "come up and remove the hair" or be moved to a different room. After telling her I wanted another room, I would have thought she would at least CHECK the next room she was putting me in, but she just came up and handed me two room cards and told me to pick one.
It was late and I had been traveling all day, so I finally chose the least disgusting and went with it (the one with the least amount of hair in the bed). The room I ended up choosing was a small suite. The standard rooms don't have a microwave or fridge, but the suites did.
The staff weren't very friendly. Every time my coworker and I passed the front desk, they were always just sitting and playing on their cell phones. They never greeted us or asked how our stay was. A manager never contacted me about the issues I experienced.

I would NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Suites are much more spacious and had a fridge/microwave
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jillian R

Travellers are raving about these Findlay hotels

Louisville, Ohio
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very nice hotel and friendly staff. Very convenient for Testimonial dinner (however strange right in the middle of the hotel, while other guests walk around and up glass elevator). Food very good, nice attached tavern.

Room Tip: convenient to downtown attractions. No pool or fitness center (if you were expecting this)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Elmira, New York
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot for work and pleasure. Don't expect much from this INN. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly but no mini frig or microwave. Breakfast was terribke. Had to dig for clean dishes (they use real dishes and silverware) every fork I grabbed was dirty and I got a cup of coffee and then noticed it had lipstick on it. I've stayed in better places but if you need just a place to sleep it's okay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank happyfamilytraveling
Tolland, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 12 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The Hotel is very conveniently located for downtown Findlay. Despite the sub zero temperatures the Hotel and the room were quite warm. The room I got was very spacious, clean, and well appointed. You can just hear the occasional train pass by at night, but it is not disturbing at all, and apart from that the room was very quiet.The staff were very nice. The only disappointment was the breakfast. It really seemed like an afterthought, with an extremely limited selection of pre-packaged, cheap items. If you like fresh fruit, or anything freshly prepared, don't expect to get it here. Great rooms, but skip the breakfast.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Savannah, GA
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The place is very average, in the most mediocre sense of the word. The best view is of an auto dealership. The worst is a parking lot, I guess. The rooms are tired, the restaurant is uninspired. I could take all this, because the front desk staff are lovely, if it were not for the TRAIN. You are very close to tracks when you stay here, and trains are running CONSTANTLY, and you WILL hear them, very early and into the wee small hours.

Room Tip: I should have stayed one exit up on 157, lots of chain hotels.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business