“My Home Away In Findlay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Findlay
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Findlay
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I am a regular traveler to Findlay and when I first started coming to Ohio I sampled several different hotels. After trying several I homed in on the Country Inn. The accommodations are great with large rooms and comfy beds. The breakfast is good and varied. One of my favorites though is the warm cookie waiting each evening. But best of all is the staff. Jodi and Paige always greet me by name, and make me feel like I have made their day by showing up.

So that is why as long as I have to travel to Findlay, Country Inn will be my place to stay.

BTW plenty of places nearby to eat,

Room Tip: I have stayed on every floor, near the middle, near the ends, front side and back side. I didn'...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
PaulGM21, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Findlay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. We always value hearing from our guests. We know that there are many options for lodging and we appreciate you staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Findlay

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here to evaluate this hotel because of a large group of rooms needed later this year. Hotel clerk Paige was very helpful---she took me on a tour of the hotel and allowed me to look at the different room options. This hotel was extremely clean and the staff was very friendly. (Kudos to the housekeeping staff!) The standard queen room I stayed in was much larger than standard rooms at other hotels! I felt very comfortable staying here and we will definitely be using this hotel for our group need! Nice location with plenty of restaurants nearby too.

Room Tip: I was on the highway side of the hotel, but my room was still very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank DebbyO52

Thank you for taking the time to write about us and the kind comments about Paige. She is definitely a great asset to our team.
I hope that you will come see us again the next time your travels take you to the Findlay area.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We made a stop here on an Easter weekend road trip. We stopped late and were met with friendly service, fresh warm cookies,a clean room and a great breakfast. The suite is perfect for families traveling with children. We will definitely stay in a country inn again! :-)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea T
PaulGM21, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Findlay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm glad that you found everything to your liking and that my staff treated you warmly and professionally.
Should your travels take you to the Findlay area again, I hope that you will stay with us so that we get a chance to meet personally.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Spouse and I heading home because brother-in-law's sudden death. We stopped at Country Inn on 4/7-4/9. Clerks Jodie & Paige were beyond wonderful in finding a two night stay for us and felt for us as well. Manager Dave has such caring staff who treated us with respect, dignity, excellent service, and he offered sympathies as well. The snacks available throughout the day, the variety of foods at breakfast, great pool & hot tub, and superior cleanliness and pleasant surroundings. Staff cheerfully went beyond themselves to find simple things we needed like a large plastic garbage bag. We will be coming back this fall and stay at Country Inn. Other motel chains don't have a clue compared to the staff and service and surroundings at Country Inn Suites. We are very grateful.
Thank you, Country Inn. -Mike & Janet

Room Tip: Our room near the elevator and ice maker was wonderfully quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
PaulGM21, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Findlay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us, and for the kind words you said about your stay. My staff and I know that there are a lot of choices for hotels, and we certainly appreciate all our guests. I hope we made you feel warm and welcome.
Please come and visit us again the next time your travels take you through the Findlay area.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

loved the pool and hot tub loved bass pro shop. but only problem is the fire alarms went off right when we got the pizza it was a drill but it got cold the manaentment team was awesome and gave us a free night so other then the pizza getting cold it was awesome I would stay again

Room Tip: if a alarm goes off bring a slice !!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tinas26
PaulGM21, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Findlay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your kind remarks. My staff and I strive to make sure all our guests enjoy their stays with us and that we meet and exceed your expectations.
We hope to see you in the future again.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Clean, didn't smell, very good staff. They didn't have the room I reserved, so I was given a suite. Life is tough. I usually don't sleep well in hotels (typically too warm) but I slept great here. The heating unit in my room was not one of those noisy wall units, but one with a real thermostat, which I prefer. And they actually had HD channels on the HD TVs. Two nit-picks: The free Internet was pretty lousy -- slow in the living room, nearly unusable in the bedroom -- but I've come to expect that in hotels at all price levels, even when I have to pay for it. Second, the water-saving shower head saved a little too much water. And the free breakfast was nothing special. None of those nits would stop me from staying here again.

Room Tip: Spend the extra 10 bucks and get a suite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
PaulGM21, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Findlay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. My staff and I are very happy that you enjoyed yourself, and hope that you will let us be of service to you again the next time your travels take you to the Findlay area.

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

A coworker and I were caught in findlay in early January when the nasty artic blast hit. Our oh so generous boss booked us room at ecnolodge (don't get me started) upon realizing we'd be stuck come morning I quickly found country Inn just 2 miles away. During our three day stay we were shocked to see the staff ,having risked the roads, had gone to the store n bought lunch meat n other snacks to feed the guest (since nowhere was open and twas illegal to be on the road) they even went as far as to purchase numerous trays of lasagna. For three days we ate like kings and we're comfy. Thank you country Inn

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
PaulGM21, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Findlay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for your kind words. That was certainly an interesting time for all of us, but it was fun making the best of it. I'm glad you and your co-workers enjoyed their stay.
Please come and see us again the next time you are in the Findlay area.