“Quaint and romantic”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The restaurant was recently remodeled and it does have a more open atmosphere. It is a great place to have a quiet, romantic dinner or a relaxing celebration with a few friends. The food is very good. I love the pecan crusted chicken. The pasta dishes are all very good. The lobster and corn fritters are an excellent starter. I also love the homemade bread they serve. I have never had dessert because of the generous serving sizes. This is one of my favorite restaurants in town.

2  Thank TE1185

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Went with a group of family during graduation weekend for my daughter from ONU Law. It's one of her favorite places.
Food was standard bistro fare that one would expect in a locally owned establishment but quality was sub-par. Over priced for the quality. Ordered the short ribs at my daughters suggestion. They were really fatty and not much flavor. The candied brussel sprouts were the highlight of the whole meal. My husband ordered the pork chop which was dry. Stated was pecan crusted but appeared to be bread crumbs.
Appetizers and bread came out quickly, but the meal itself was slow at over an hour. Wait staff was snooty and impatient with older members of our party.
Drinks are good and strong, which may help you to not realize the over priced amount you are paying for substandard fare.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stopped at the restaurant as we drove north from Georgia to Michigan and were very pleased with the food, the service and the decor. My husband and I had a salad and an entree. The salads are very fresh and well seasoned. Our entrees were delicious and a nice treat after being in the car all day. We would highly recommend this restaurant for dinner!

2  Thank Grammyfrogger
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We have been going here for years. Lunches are my favorite, but they have great dinners too. We brought our 5 month son last time and they were very considerate and asked what type of table was best to have him at.

My husband is also gluten free. They are very knowledgeable and have many options for gluten free.

1  Thank Megan A
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The Bistro has an excellent atmosphere and the food will not disappoint. Sometimes the service can be slow, but the food is consistantly excellent.

Been to Bistro on Main? Share your experiences!