“Special people make us regular visitors” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park

SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Forest Park
waretown
“Special people make us regular visitors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

We visit this property six times per year mainly because of the staff.

We view them as friends who always are upbeat and make our stay
extremely comfortable.

Special people should be recognized. They are.

Christie,Hany,Vernie,Marie,and Bob

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room. The staff are great
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

I recently stayed at this location for six weeks. The entire staff here was amazing! They went out of their way to make me feel at home. The front desk staff, especially Matt and Hany were warm, thoughtful, professional and friendly, always eager to help and made sure any needs I had were taken care of immediately. Bob, the maintenance man and Vernie, the breakfast lady were also very kind and caring. The hotel was clean and the rooms were very comfortable. I have traveled extensively for work and have never encountered this kind of hospitality. 5 stars! I will absolutely be back.
Laurie S, Toledo, Ohio

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lori J, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feed back on our property. We appreciate your business. I you are returning to area in the near future please contact me directily.

Sincerly,

Lori Johnson
Buchanan, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

My sister's husband travels and stays at Marriott hotels all the time. He is a Platinum Elite Member. He redeemed points so that my sister and I could stay at this Springhill Suites this weekend as we were in the area attending a funeral. I am shocked that this hotel bears the Marriott name. I believe the Days Inn next store must be a cleaner property - their parking lot was packed and the Springhill's parking lot was nearly empty. Aside from the fact that the room was not functional, it was filfthy. I would not sit on the sofa which was horribly stained. There was wallpaper coming off the wall in the bathroom. I was concerned so I pulled apart the bed to ensure there were no bugs. Thankfully I found no bugs, but I did find potato chips in the bed. The halls and lobby are dark and dingy. Had the room not have been free because of the points redeemed, I would have demanded that we be given back our money and I would have stayed somewhere else. My sister was concerned that the points would not be refunded to my brother-in-law so we regrettably stayed. I'm sure if Marriott did a suprise inspection on this property they would no longer be affiliated with the Marriott name. I almost forgot to mention that when we were ready to check out at 5:30am - there was no staff to be found anywhere. Perhaps they were sleeping in the back room...

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank msljsl
Lori J, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of the problems during your stay. I wish we would have known about them while your were here. We have refunded all of the points for your stay back to the rewards account. If you are ever back in the area and would consider giving us another chance, please call me personally.
Medina, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

I have stayed at a number of Springhill suites hotels and they are genrally pretty clean. This was no exception. If you can't take traffic noise stay away though as it is right by the highway and you hear it.

Breakfast was on par with what you would expect at a hotel. Eggs were better than most though. Not powdery or runny.

Pillows and beds are comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, your business and feedback are important to us. If you are visiting the area again, please feel free to contact me directly to take care of your reservation. Lori
Adrian, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

I am currently staying at this hotel in Forest Park and will be staying a total of 6 weeks. My experience during my stay has been incredibly wonderful and welcoming for someone from out of town. I wanted to write this review to thank the great people here in making my stay fantastic.The following are a few of the employees and personell that have been part of my visit.
Matthew, Chrissy, Marie, and Christy. Also the wonderful woman Vernie who daily prepares and sets up the breakfast service area. She goes out of her way to insure not only that the sanitation and prep is complete and kept tidy, but her hospitality to the individual guests is friendly and sincere. This frienliness and efficiency applies to all the above mentioned persons.
Thank you all for making my continuing stay wonderful.
Respectfully with best regards,
Craig Peck
Adrian, Michigan

Room Tip: I am sure you will find this hotel as nice as I have!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Aurora, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

We just returned from our travels across Ohio to take the family on an Amusement park journey. Our first stop was the Cincinatti area. From the outside the hotel looks nice and check-in was a breeze. Once we received our room information we headed upstairs on the elevator. First thing we noticed was how scuffed up the wall across from the elevator was. Next, the elevator we took up had a railing that had broken through the elevator wall. Not too worried yet, know these things can happen. Once up on the third floor we noticed the seat across from the elevator was heavily scratched up. We walked down to our room, opened the door and at first glance things seemed okay. We wanted to take the kids down to the pool so we didn't spend too much time in the room at first, but noticed the bathroom door handle was missing on the inside. The door was a slide door, so not a horrible fact, but an inconvenience to get the door open. After swimming we came back up to the room. At this time we noticed the staining on the carpetting and the scuff marks and drip marks on the bathroom door as well as the plentiful marks and gouges on the living room area walls. A little more worried we decided to pull down the bedsheets and look at the pillows. We were planning on going out anyhow, so we went to the WalMart across the street to get some pillow cases, because again, spots and marks all over linens. It does appear that from time to time the management is trying to upkeep the hotel, but apparently not enough. We did stay the two nights, but won't keep this on our list of places to return. I've come across worse, but not for a Marriott property.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dan b
Lori J, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and provide us with your feedback.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

You may also be interested to learn that we have started a refurbishment of our rooms and our lobby that includes many of the issues you brought to our attention.

If you are traveling to Cincinnati again in the near future, I would like a chance to take care of your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Once again please do accept my apologies,

Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for six nights and was pleasantly surprised on how well the rooms were set-up. Walking into a living room, which includes a sectional sofa (opens to a bed) instead of your bed is comforting. Instead of unpacking and then repacking your lugguage and belongings on your bed, you have the convenience of another room.
By the way, I have get a "high-five" to the front office desk staff at this hotel. They were awesome, attentive and professional! Likewise, for the breakfast crew.
I personally enjoyed this stay more than at some five star hotels, which tend to charge you extra for everything!.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back of the hotel to avoid freeway noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank NoStopSigns
Lori J, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We strive for great customer service and quality. We appreciate your positive feedback and hope to have you back soon! If you are returning to our area in the near future, please feel free to contact me directly so I may personally take care of your reservation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Forest Park
#27 of 47 in Cincinnati
Residence Inn Cincinnati North/Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville

Been to SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park? Share your experiences!