SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Forest Park
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed here from 5/28-6/1/2014. The lady at the front desk was very nice, she made sure I had a quiet room on the highest floor per my reservation request. The room was ok, there was a red stain on the carpet and candy in the room I'm assuming from the previous guest. The wall paper by the bathroom door is peeling off also. The hotel is decent but housekeeping was a little annoying one day. He knocked on my door and I asked if he could come back at 1:30 pm he wanted to know how long I was going to be even though I told him what time to come back. I was a housekeeper at a Marriott property and several other properties so I know if a guest request service at a certain time you make a note of the time not try to rush the guest. I don't like being rushed. Other than the housekeeping issues the hotel is pretty cool. I stay there at least twice a year and would probably stay again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank simplychell
Lori J, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback as I will take this to my housekeeping supervisor and use this as a tool for training. I am very sorry you had this experience and this is not how we typically operate. I do sincerely hope that you give us another try in the future.

Lori

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
HONESDALE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights, in town for a wedding. Got a great internet rate, but was leery since had never stayed in one of these. Trusted the Marriott brand and were not disappointed. Apparently the place has been recently redone. It is open, clean, bright. The front desk staff could not be more accommodating, especially Jameer, who we saw several times during our stay. He was friendly and efficient, and went the extra mile when we had a special request. Breakfast was presented well and was good. Plenty of options for seating. We twice saw families/friends gathered comfortably in the lobby together, sharing a drink or a pizza and watching a game. Would definitely recommend this location and will try other SpringHill Suites in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PATA08
I appreciate your feedback so much as we have shared this with Jamar and that made his day. We are happy that you had a great stay and we hope to see you in the future.

Powell, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

First time at any SpringHill Suites. Very nice modern appearance. Big rooms with spacious living area. Usual breakfast fare. No complaints, except did not give us a roll in shower accessible room that I requested with reservation 2 mos. previous. Not that they didn't try, but their room list has the rooms we booked as having it. They need to update the list. Luckily the other hotel at which we booked the same type of room had it right so we had to rearrange guests, which was a pain. They were very apologetic, but service recovery offered. I think our situation is an anomaly so I wouldn't hold it against them in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure any special requests are confirmed ahead of time.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
First let me apologize for not meeting your request and we will make every effort next time to make sure you stay with us in the future. Our number one priority is guest satisfaction and we strive to do that with each and every guest. Please let us know when you are back in the area and I will do my best to make sure we meet your needs.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Group of 15 families staying at this hotel with a few other soccer teams and a wedding party. Other than breakfast time, you wouldn't know that the hotel was nearly full. Really good service provided by the front desk personnel. Rooms were equally nice. I would definitely recommend.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel is so bad I wouldn't even write this review if I didn't feel an obligation to warn others.

In terms of location, its is miles from downtown Cinci or the Kenwood Mall area. Kind of out by itself.

Minutes after we arrived and checked in, a man entered our room (knocking and entering at the same time as opposed to knocking and waiting for response.) Instead of saying he was sorry, he kept saying, "Did you just check in?". He eventually did apologize. We hadn't really had time to shut our eyes so it was not that big a deal, but it was the idea he would just enter without waiting for response was really strange.

All 3 times we interacted with the front desk - twice with the "General Manager" - we had to go into a little room beside the front desk and get someone to help us. The front desk was never staffed while we were there. In the evening, a young man who was eating pizza in the little room, acted as if we were disturbing him when asking about the channel location for the Reds game. (The Reds are the hometown team in Cinci.) He informed me they didn't carry that channel and told me "if this is the only way you judge a hotel, that is a pretty narrow standard." The morning we checked out, the "General Manager", when I said something about how they never staffed the front desk, she said "we are having our front desk staff meeting." That meeting must have lasted our entire stay.

I didn't notice an odor like others have written about.

The wi-fi (the free connection) was hit and miss.

The best thing about this place is there is a nice Starbucks across the road with friendly folks and steady wi-fi connection.

Think twice before staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank KeithAHall
Lori J, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very sorry to hear about your stay and we take every issue very seriously. If you are coming to the area in the near future, please contact me directly and give us a chance to make things right.

Regretfully,

Lori Johnson
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We arrived and greeted by a very nice and helpful front desk clerk. She was very pleasant and delightful. However, our room had the worst "Body Odor" smell, it was disgusting. I had to continue to spray air freshner. Another child came into our room and even made the comment that the room smelled like onions. The hotel was full to capacity (local baseball tournament), and had only one working elevator, which made for long wait times. This was brought up to an employee and they stated someone was coming Monday to fix it.... we left Sunday. I felt that with the hotel being full, someone should have been called in to fix it over the weekend to keep the guest happy. This was an inconvenience, recently had major back surgery and this was an issue for me. Overall it was clean, but we had two large black marks on the floor (probably 6-8" each) that were very noticeable. Room service came and made our beds, brought clean towels and empited the trash in the cans, but left all the cans, empty pizza box and trash on the desk (wouldn't fit in the trash can) Also, our toilet handle would stick leaving the toilet running constantly, and we would have to get up and go jiggle the handle everytime after using the bathroom. Location was great. I'm rating it a 3, but it's more like a 2.5 in my opinion.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Landers07
Lori J, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property your business is important to us. Our team is looking in to all of the issues you experienced. I am so sorry you had a bad stay and I would like to make it right. Please contact me at your convenience at lori.johnson@marriott.com.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay here in March 2014. The hotel was clean and quiet but our room smelled like an armpit. It was gross. The free breakfast had a great selection of food but none of it was very good. We would stay here again for the cleanliness and price.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Teejer
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We have located the source of the odor you described and this issue has been repaired. If you are returning to Cincinnati in the near future, please contact me directly so I can personally handle your reservation.

Lori Johnson
#26 of 47 in Cincinnati
No photo provided
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville

Been to SpringHill Suites Cincinnati North/Forest Park? Share your experiences!