Length/Type: 1-night, business trip
Company: Carlson Wagonlit
Travel Dates: July 24-25, 2013 (Wed.-Thurs.)
Overall Experience: Excellent
- Spacious room, well kept
- Counter top w/ sink & coffee maker
- Mini fridge (un-stocked)
- 2 differently indicated pillow types
(2 soft pillows & 2 hard pillows)
- 27” LCD TV
- Free Wi-Fi (room/lobby/breakfast buffet area)
- Detachable shower nozzle in tub w/ multiple settings
- Included hot/cold breakfast buffet
- Free newspaper in lobby
- Free Wi-Fi
The room had a very spacious feel to it as you walked in. The added counter top, with coffee maker, and all the usual items was a nice touch, I must say. There was a decently sized mini bar fridge, but with nothing inside. No surprises there, but a good feature to have none the less. There was also free Wi-Fi access, but I did not use it much due to the amount of time I had (or lack of time, I should say). I only used it for a very brief period of time at my table by the breakfast buffet the next morning. I also liked the couch in between the counter and the bed, along with the coffee table. The beds were also comfortable, along with the different types of pillows, both indicated which one is soft and which one is hard (writing stitched in, nice idea).
To my grand surprise, breakfast was included. It was a full breakfast buffet, both hot and cold. It was A-1. They had 4 kinds of cereal (I just had frosted flakes, I don’t re-call the others). They had pre-made cheese omelets (very good, in my opinion), bacon, sausages, glazed donuts, toast (there was white bread with a toaster) and fruit. There were also separate small milk cartons, juice fountain, and separate jam, syrup, marmalade and peanut butter packages. Along another wall (perpendicular to the wall where the buffet was), were different types coffees and teas (I made good use of the in-room coffee maker prior to arriving at the buffet so I didn’t need a coffee). The seating area was very plentiful, with two large LCD TVs mounted on the walls with CBS News on. As I mentioned before, I did use the Wi-Fi (on my iPhone) and the speed was decent.
Just after checking out, I noticed a stack of free newspapers just near the check out desk, with USA Today, along with another type of newspaper. I was going to take one, but since I had my iPad, I felt I didn’t have to take one (I was betting that the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport had free Wi-Fi, which they did).
Advice to those staying:
• The hotel is located 52 miles (83.6 Km) north of the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, which is about an hour’s drive. Keep this in mind when renting a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our wonderful Holiday Inn Express & Suites Franklin/Springboro, Ohio hotel named after Benjamin Franklin is conveniently located off I-75 at exit 38 (SR-73). We are 30 miles from James M. Cox Dayton International Airport (DAY) and 50 miles from Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). We are conveniently located near several corporations: Dayton Daily News, Lexis-Nexis, Faurecia, Pioneer Automotive, Braden Sutphin Ink & AK Steel. We are easily accessible to shopping at the Dayton Mall, fun and recreation of King's Island, The Beach Waterpark and Caesar s Creek State Park and entertainment at LaComedia Dinner Theatre. Our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Franklin, Ohio hotel offers spacious and luxurious guest rooms. Keep in touch with your office or home with complimentary wired/wireless HSIA. Stay productive working from our over-sized desk and comfortable ergonomic desk chair. Enjoy viewing your favorite TV programs on our 32 HDTV. Our 24-hour fitness center includes a modern elliptical machine, 2 treadmills and a stationary bicycle so you may keep up your fitness routine away from home. Daily we offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, featuring our signature cinnamon rolls! We also provide a complimentary 24-hour business center and a refreshing heated indoor pool. We look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Franklin / Springboro, OH hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Franklin Hotel Franklin
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South Franklin Ohio