Quality Inn & Suites
Priceline
US$131
US$112
Hampton.com
All reviewsroom was cleanbagelsnew carpetgreat valueno real complaintsoff the beaten trackan older hotelstaff was friendly and helpfulrecommend this hotelworth the priceneeded a place to stayfree breakfastrestaurants in the areaoutlet mallon dutyminute driveno issues
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We were only 20 miles from our destination at the Ohio Renaissance Festival near Harveysburg, & while there were a few motels closer, this one seemed to offer more in the surrounding area. There were plenty of restaurants, a small mall, and a Kroger grocery nearby. The room was clean, staff was friendly, breakfast was better than expected. But next time I will know to ask for a room on the first floor in the rear of the building away from the hiway. There is no elevator and my travel companion has back and neck problems (wears a neck brace) so carrying bags, suitcases, garments bags, etc up and down stairs was not good & no one offered to help us. The other issue I had was that because I booked the motel through an online travel company, I could not get any receipt or copy of the transaction. They claimed they didn't even know what I was charged for the room! I had to go online to see if I got the best deal. Note: if I had booked through Choice I could have had a better deal, but I didn't know that until I got home and checked. Create an account with Choice Hotels and get the best deal. The biggest surprise was the free breakfast. We expected do-nuts and coffee and instead found cold & hot cereal, bagels, toast, pastries, several juices, and make-your-own waffles! Very nice. Also, found the beds to be very comfortable with nice fluffy pillows instead of the usual hard or flat ones at many motels, & there were plenty of towels for the two of us.

Room Tip: There are many restaurants within 1/2 - 2 miles, plus a mall, and a major grocery. NO elevator. Rooms on the front face the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2013

No stairs and had to carry our luggage to the second floor! That was a real bummer. We learned there is a definite difference between Quality and Comfort, but this hotel is clean, and the staff is incredibly caring. Wish I could remember the name of the lovely lady at the desk who guided me to a wonderful park where I would be safe to walk alone. When there was a break down in the breakfast room she was right there to work it out. She deserves a five star.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a first floor room if you do not want to lug your luggage upstairs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2013

As I constantly travel for business, I stay in many hotels, every year, and all around this nation. This location was referred to me, by an associate, and it scores at the top of my list, for accommodating staff, comfortable, clean room, and location. I travel through Ohio frequently, and will be stopping here again, any time I'm close.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dcwsr
Reviewed 2 September 2013

One does not know what to expect when booking a hotel sight unseen. This turned out to be a pleasant experience. The hot breakfast with many options was perfect with our daughter and grandson along. The only minor drawback was that the TV did not have a remote and we were not provided with one even after requesting. No biggie for us.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you are unable to climb stairs, be sure to request a first floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Never stay at this hotel. The staff have no clue as to what they are doing. We have stayed here before and swore to never return. The desk manager rolanda was one of the most pleasant staff they have had in a long time. Upon our checking in we we asked for rolanda and to our surprise she no longer works there. Now we see why. very unprofessional non trained employess there.
The rooms reak of smoke and must. This hotel needs lots of improvement.
How about getting new staff to run the hotel that know what they are doing and know how to clean. We will never stay here nor recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family