“much improved”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
Gaylord
“much improved”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel the same week for the last 4 years and it is much cleaner and better smelling. the hall ways used to smell of cooked food and incenence.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Iowa City, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We were here twice, about a week apart, as a halfway point on a road trip. Travelers were myself (mid-70s), son (50ish), a 45-pound dog. Since we were traveling with a good-sized dog, this limited our choices of accommodations somewhat.
The building is old, carpet and furnishings worn. Bathrooms appear to have been updated somewhat more recently. Two floors, no elevator. The rooms have doors opening off a hallway; the first-floor rooms have outside doors but the locks have been disabled (you can't use your room key to enter that way), perhaps to improve security. There's an outdoor pool, which we didn't use.
There is a limited offering for breakfast: Juice, coffee, bagels, pastries, cold cereal, bananas, microwaveable sausage biscuits, that sort of thing. However, there's no breakfast seating; you can pick up food and take it to your room.
The plus factors: Our rooms were quite clean. Staff friendly and polite. Refrigerators in all the rooms we stayed in, and microwaves in 3 of them. In-room coffee maker. Wi-Fi. We were allowed to reserve nonsmoking rooms, even with the dog; our usual halfway stop has changed its policies and only allows dogs in smoking rooms, which led us to look elsewhere. There is a Denny's restaurant next door....food & service better than I expected.
All in all, this Travelodge worked well enough for us, and we didn't cancel our reservations for the second night. It could use refurbishing but given the age of the building I'm not sure it would be cost-effective.
I should add that on our first visit the motel was completely filled; a storm had knocked out electricity to most of the town, and residents had snapped up most of the rooms. However, our reservations were honored, and the staff managed to keep up under trying conditions.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed twice in Travelodge, Fremont, OH, one time during my trip Put-in-bay and the other time on my way to Niagara Falls. I wish to highlight some of the best features of this hotel. First thing is about Mr. Jayesh Patel, the manager, very kind and polite person. He is very friendly and do have very good attitude to help, newcomers like me to this town. The hotel rooms, walkways are very clean and tidy. The ambience looks so pleasant. Beds and Pillows are so tidy and comfortable. Complete rest was guaranteed to us, after a long drive. All the ground floor rooms have two doors, which provides additional comfort of parking our car or truck, just adjacent to the rear door. This helped me unloading and loading my luggage, back with utmost ease. This hotel is very close to Walmart and proximity to Gas Stations, Resturants and Shopping places. Another important highlight is, the hotel is very close to I80/I90 Highway. Very peaceful place to stay.  Friendly staffs, cleanliness and maintenance, shows the courtesy/respect they have in customers stopping by. Thanks Trip Advisor, for  giving me a chance to write about this hotel.  Overall, we had a very good time on staying here. My family was very happy.

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Clyde
Plaza Motel Clyde
Plaza Motel Clyde
#2 of 2 in Clyde

Been to Fremont Travelodge? Share your experiences!