“5 star staff and cleanliness”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 4 December 2012

i travel for business and frequent this hotel regularly. The cleanliness of the hotel is above any other higher end chains I have recently stayed at. The staff is amazing and have become my second family with their excellence in providing customer service with any normal need you get at any property. Welcome you with a big smile as if they missed you when you were gone. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and the value heavily outweighs the cost as well.

Room Tip: the jacuzzi rooms are worth it, they are very spacious and centralized to amenities, well worth the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kevin c
atwanta, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for completing a great review about your recent stay at our hotel. Our and staff and I appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon.

Jessica Peiffer
Asst. Manager

Reviewed 29 November 2012

We booked two rooms for a 4 day visit with family over Thanksgiving. The rooms were clean, breakfast was there for those in our party who always wake up hungry, noise from inlaying new carpet ( we were warned before we booked ) was kept to a minimum. The staff answered all questions, brought extra towels and found time for some pleasant conversation at a very busy time of the year. To our delight a wonderfully warm pool and a hot tub, open 24/7, ended several very long, very cold days.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. The carpeting project and renovations should be done by the end of 2012. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

Saturday night was busy - so maybe a weeknight would be somewhat different - but the noise from the halls, adjoining rooms, and room above was overwhelming. Be warned - normal level conversations can be heard in neighboring rooms. Visitors arriving in room above sounded like they were coming down through the floor. College dorm atmosphere.

On the positive - the room was clean and neat. Over priced for the value.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Chickenman26
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

Let me start with the positive:

I did enjoy the breakfast.

The location was awesome (though not ideal for where I had to be each day, being by food and a WALMART was nice).

The girl who checked me in and later helped me with a lightbulb issue I was having was very courteous, friendly, and quick to respond.

The added value of the local restaurant discounts was very nice.

Negatives:

Very dated hallways and dark, non-relaxing rooms with little setup for a business traveler. No desk or charging area. Just a little table in the corner.

Ice maker so loud I don't know how anyone near the elevators could have slept.

Paper thin walls and ceilings. Every toilet flush or door opening upstairs or next door was extremely audible.

Underdressed front desk staff. This is probably petty as the girl was super nice and got the job done, but it set off my stay with an extremely negative first impression. I was put off as I walked up to the entrance as a girl in street clothes was smoking right outside of the door and was on her cell. Upon walking up I smiled at her and hoped upon hopes that my asthma would not fire up from the smoke. Much to my surprise she threw down the cig, rushed inside, went through the employee only door, and then checked me in. Now again, she was extremely nice and very helpful but as someone who travels a great deal, it was disconcerting to have someone checking me in with no real identifying clothing nor name tag and knowing she was visibly smoking out front set the tone for a stay I really didn't enjoy. I'm realistic. But even polo shirts and pants or something that say choice hotels would have been nice. Invest on nicotine gum while on duty or something or smoke where your guests can't see you.

TV was on in my room upon return one evening, the remote on the bed. This freaked me out more than anything as I never once turned on the TV nor had any clue where the remote was. The front desk blamed it on a timer set by a previous guest, but I checked and there wasn't such a timer set on the TV. The only explanation is that house keeping was watching TV in my room while they cleaned it. I'm human. I get it. But turn it off after you leave the room and put everything back where you found it. It really made me feel almost violated in some way to the point I didn't sleep well that night.

The bedding was old and tattered and just didn't have a clean look to it. I actually went to WALMART and got a cheap blanket to cocoon myselfd each night.

Honestly this was the most miserable hotel stay of my travel career thus far. I did not give it lower reviews because for what it is, it is acceptable for most.

If you are going through for one night or need a place to stay while on the road, and are only going to be sleeping once, eating, and leaving, this would be a great place for the value and location.

If you are in the area on business and are going to be living here for more than one night, I would suggest looking elsewhere or having your company look elsewhere when looking for a block of rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Chuck B
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

ChuckB, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the problems that you had during your stay. I can assure you that the issues that occured during your stay with the employee out front smoking have been addressed and will not happen again. We have also completed a major renovation which included all new bedding. I hope that if you are in the area again you will give our hotel another try.

Jason Hawkins

Reviewed 15 September 2012

We visit the area at least once per year and this was the first time staying at this location. It was clean and the staff were friendly. The room was adequate enough but the shower curtain would not stay closed because the curtain rod was coming out of the wall and the shower drain was extremely slow to drain. The room also had an adjoining door to the next room (Suite) and although it may be fine for guests that are staying together, it wasn't for me because the guests in that roon were noisy and loud to the disturbing level at times. Overall, it was very pleasant. I think it was a bit overpriced but acceptable to me as an offset to cleanliness.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Glenn H
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the hotel. I appreciate the feedback on letting us know how we are doing and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Jason Hawkins

Reviewed 27 August 2012

We were here only one night, and came here on the return leg of a road trip from Chicago to the Finger Lakes area especially to see the Rutherford B.Hayes presidential center in Fremont. The hotel has a pool, workout room and is right across the street from popular chain restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. My staff and I appreciate the feedback and I am glad that you were satisfied with your stay.

Jason

Reviewed 26 August 2012

The hotel hallways are threadbare as in the carpet being completely worn off around the edges. The rooms need serious updating. It is tired and old - we have stayed at a variety of Choice hotels and this one is the worst one we have stayed at. When someone flushes the toilet in the next room the noise in our room is deafening. It is across the street from a shopping center, there are plenty of restaurants around. It does have a small indoor swimming pool and the front desk staff were helpful (after one of them stopping texting). There are a variety of hotels here in Fremont and I would definitely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I wanted to let you know that we have ordered new carpeting, bedding, window treatments and also are renovating the lobby. We hope to have everything finished in the next 2 months.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont
#1 of 2 in Clyde
Best Western Port Clinton
Best Western Port Clinton
#5 of 17 in Port Clinton

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!