“The Fremont Ohio Comfort Inn and Suites is a keeper”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
“The Fremont Ohio Comfort Inn and Suites is a keeper”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

From start to finish the Fremont Ohio Comfort Inn and Suites was wonderful. We stayed there on April 18th and our room was clean and fresh. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very cheerful and accommodating even though we arrived late in the evening. The pool is conveniently open 24 hours and was a nice warm temperature. Many others we have been to are so cold we can't swim. There is a very nice little workout room and a hot tub as well. The continental breakfast was way above average and was kept well stocked. The whole area was kept neat and tidy. I was told that the coffee would be out all day and to let them know if it ran low. Close to shopping and restaurants, we walked to Walmart for some items we forgot to bring with. We were just very impressed with everyone there and we will be going back next time we go that way. In fact we are planning a trip that way soon so we can go back there. We would highly recommend this as a place to stay to everyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us in Fremont. My staff and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and your comment was much appreciated. I will be sure to share the review with my staff and I hope that we will see you again soon. If we can ever do anything to make your stay more enjoyable please let me know.

Jason Hawkins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed at this property on April 13 and found the property to be extremely clean, The staff was friendly and courteous. I was part of a large group that was in town for a funeral and everyone in the group was pleased with the service and the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Wyoming, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Room was very clean, beds were comfortable, staff was very helpful, but the rooms themselves seemed loud. We could hear the people in the room next door just like they were standing next to us. They were not being what I would consider excessively loud. We just used this to spend the night and it was adequate for that once everyone was in bed next door to us. The breakfast was also the standard hot and continental breakfast found at most mid-level hotels and was suitable. The staff was what I would consider extra friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Try not to have a neighbor on the north end of the building.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Todd B
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the noise levels and lack of sound proofing that occurred during your stay. If you stay with us in the future again please let me know and I will find a more quiet place for you. I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have been staying here regularly on business for years. This is my go-to motel when I am anywhere close to Fremont. Very clean and accommodating. Excellent staff and close to restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Call early for reservations during the summer, as they frequently book up.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stays with us. I am glad that you enjoy staying with us and appreciate your repeat business. If we can ever do anything to make your stay more comfortable please let me know.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I am from the Fremont area. When I come home, I reserve my room at the Comfort Inn & Suites. It's very clean, close to shopping and restaurants. The price is right on target! We recommend you stop and stay!

Room Tip: If you are a gov't employee inquire about the govt rate.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. It is always nice to hear guests enjoy their stay with us and I will share the review with my staff. I appreciate your business and if we can do anything to make your stays more comfortable please let us know.

Thanks,

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This used to be my favorite stopover between Pittsburgh and Chicago. In fact, this hotel is the reason I joined the ChoiceHotel program. But my last stay was horrible! The price has tripled and the service has declined. We travel with service dogs: Delta Society-trained dogs who visit hospitals and nursing homes. NEVER have we been charged a "wild animal fee" in a hotel. Occasionally, there's a pet fee, but usually, because of the service our animals provide (they are volunteers) no one charges an extra service fee (especially without notifying a guest – nice $25 surprise on the bill!) What was worse was the partying in the lounge area until 2 a.m. I understand it's March Madness and St. Patrick's Day, but "beers and wings – yea!" shouting so late when there's bars and AppleBee's and Fricke's within walking distance. Half of the partyers were not guests of the hotel (they admitted this; they just like the pool). This hotel has no security, inside or out, so the desk clerk was without help to throw the partyers out. Very disappointing, esp with kids running up and down the hallways all night long. Noisy, noisy, noisy. Some of us work! Needless to say, the dogs did not visit the Children's Hospital the next morning ....

Room Tip: Second floor on the south side (left of the lounge)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dog_Rescue_Chick
atwanta, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. I am sorry that your stay was not enjoyable for you as we try to make sure every guest leaves our hotel happy and well rested and am sorry you were not.

On the night in question we did have a couple inconsiderate swim groups in who failed to control their kids and I apologize for that. I can also assure you that we do not allow guests from the outside to come in and just use our pool at their leisure.

Our hotel rates have not tripled in the last few years. I feel our rates our very competitive and they do flunctuate with different events going on in the area but we are still significantly lower than several competitors down the street from us.

Our Pet Policy is a 25.00 charge per pet per stay. If we are made aware that the pet is a service animal the pet fee is waived.

If you would like to contact the hotel I would be more than happy to discuss these issues with you.

Jason Hawkins, CHA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Hampton Inn & Suites Fremont
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont
Quality Inn And Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton
Red Roof Inn Clyde
Red Roof Inn Clyde
#1 of 2 in Clyde

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!