Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 27 July 2014

>Below is what I wrote on the Holiday Inn Website. I was expecting to be contacted by someone. It's been over a month, and no response.

"Absolutely the worst experience in all my years of traveling. The
> bed was SOAKED through! We notified the front desk and were 'upgraded' to
> an accessible suite. That room was filthy and smelled like cigarette smoke.
> By this time, the hotel was full, and we had already driven 750 miles, so
> we didn't leave. We were only charged for half the price, but now we have
> concerns that we may get sick from whatever was on that bed. Disgusting. We
> will never stay at a Holiday Inn again. I would suggest that you have them
> remove the mattress from room 128. The girls at the desk didn't seem too
> concerned"

To my husband and I, the most important thing about a hotel is how clean it is. This one failed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chrispyNE
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear chrispyNE,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We're deeply sorry for the over-all experience you had and any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very clean hotel and staff very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was good and they kept everything hot and filled. Didn't have to wait for anything. Our GPS found it with no issues at all. Definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The room was much better for our third stay, but housekeeping once again did not clean our room. The hotel paid part of the bill and gave us a gift bag as a result. Breakfast was yummy and the staff are very nice, but housekeeping needs to get their act together.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Dave1289,

Ben J

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Nice two year old hotel. Other than two minor things like the GPS struggles to find the hotel and that the refrigerator still had some items in it I have to say that the stay was a good one.

Small tip, set your GPS to go to the old Holiday Inn. Its right by this new one.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

After driving many hours, I arrived at 2am to check in... Only to be greeted by the desk clerk saying "oh yeah, you're the one that we cancelled your reservation". She seemed put out to even bother explaining the situation to me but said my RSVP was never "guaranteed" so they cancelled it about an hour ago and have no rooms left. Obviously they just gave my room to someone else who arrived sooner. They never even called to let me know that my RSVP was cancelled. Obviously I wouldn't have driven so long and far had I known I had no room! Now I have nowhere to stay in the middle of nowhere at 2am. I never write negative reviews about hotels but I also never had this happen before. I couldn't believe it and they couldn't have cared less.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Stella813,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your overall experience was less than satisfactory. Please be assured that we are looking into your concern as we would like to follow up on your recent stay. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Charisse V

Reviewed 23 June 2014

After a less than pleasant experience at the Day's Inn across the highway, I looked at the property and thought " this is more like it". Beautiful landscape, excellent condition, nice lobby, and a professional greeting. Room was immaculate!Free Breakfast was more than I could ask for. Please don't try to save a few dollars by going too cheap.You get what you pay for! An extra $20 or so can make a big difference. I highly recommend Holliday Inn Express .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joeandarlene
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed for 1 night, on our way to Bowling Green State University (the better hotels closer by were all sold out and/or much more expensive.) Our trip over via Rt 6 to the campus took only about 35 minutes; not inconvenient at all. The hotel is located right off the Ohio turnpike (you can see the hotel from the turnpike if you look closely as you're passing the Rt 53 exit.)

The hotel was very clean, everything appears new. Mattresses were of good quality, as were the pillows. Thermostat maintained a very consistent temperature. Bathroom exceptionally clean. Refrigerator plugged in and cool (I hate it when hotels advertise fridges then leave them unplugged!)

We had time to take a dip in the pool - water was a little cool for my taste, but not "cold". You warmed up to it very quickly (I'm guessing low 80's?) Supply of towels was more than adequate and there's a nice clean restroom there right in the pool area. My daughter even enjoyed the small sun deck outside the pool area, as it was a warm, sunny day...

Our visit started off on the right foot, thanks to the staff at the front desk - the computer was rebooting when we arrived (monthly update, we were told,) so we couldn't check in at that time, But instead of making us sit around in the lobby, they got us right into our room, then called us on the telephone when the computers were up so we could come down and "formally" check in. That's exceptional service in my book; very friendly & accommodating. I only wish I could remember the name of the nice person who did this for us, she deserves special accolades!

Breakfast the next morning actually started coming out about 15 minutes early and everything was out by the stated opening time. The person responsible for the buffet was also very nice & friendly - greeted us and immediately said good morning as we entered. The buffet had scrambled eggs, omelets, sausage gravy & biscuits, pancakes (make your own,) the (fresh, hot) cinnamon rolls, plus a number of other items like bagels, cereals, bananas, apples, etc. The eating area was very clean, and everything was well-stocked (plates, napkins, utensils, etc.)

We got this hotel via Priceline, but would not hesitate booking directly in the future. Job well done!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KS070
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Hampton Inn & Suites Fremont
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton
Red Roof Inn Clyde
Red Roof Inn Clyde
#1 of 2 in Clyde

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont? Share your experiences!