“I hear the whistle blowing!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
NW PA
“I hear the whistle blowing!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Really a beautiful hotel, clean, comfortable, staff was outstanding but really close to the rail road tracks. The train noise woke me at different times through the night, I'd try to get a little further away from the train noise.

Room Tip: There is a really nice restaurant/sports bar a bit south call Frickers the food is really good and r...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear High_Miles,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I appreciate the compliments on our property and hotel staff. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the level of noise encountered. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
nebraska
Reviewed 27 July 2014

>Below is what I wrote on the Holiday Inn Website. I was expecting to be contacted by someone. It's been over a month, and no response.

"Absolutely the worst experience in all my years of traveling. The
> bed was SOAKED through! We notified the front desk and were 'upgraded' to
> an accessible suite. That room was filthy and smelled like cigarette smoke.
> By this time, the hotel was full, and we had already driven 750 miles, so
> we didn't leave. We were only charged for half the price, but now we have
> concerns that we may get sick from whatever was on that bed. Disgusting. We
> will never stay at a Holiday Inn again. I would suggest that you have them
> remove the mattress from room 128. The girls at the desk didn't seem too
> concerned"

To my husband and I, the most important thing about a hotel is how clean it is. This one failed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chrispyNE
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear chrispyNE,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We're deeply sorry for the over-all experience you had and any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Clinton, Illinois
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very clean hotel and staff very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was good and they kept everything hot and filled. Didn't have to wait for anything. Our GPS found it with no issues at all. Definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The room was much better for our third stay, but housekeeping once again did not clean our room. The hotel paid part of the bill and gave us a gift bag as a result. Breakfast was yummy and the staff are very nice, but housekeeping needs to get their act together.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Dave1289,

Ben J
Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Nice two year old hotel. Other than two minor things like the GPS struggles to find the hotel and that the refrigerator still had some items in it I have to say that the stay was a good one.

Small tip, set your GPS to go to the old Holiday Inn. Its right by this new one.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

After driving many hours, I arrived at 2am to check in... Only to be greeted by the desk clerk saying "oh yeah, you're the one that we cancelled your reservation". She seemed put out to even bother explaining the situation to me but said my RSVP was never "guaranteed" so they cancelled it about an hour ago and have no rooms left. Obviously they just gave my room to someone else who arrived sooner. They never even called to let me know that my RSVP was cancelled. Obviously I wouldn't have driven so long and far had I known I had no room! Now I have nowhere to stay in the middle of nowhere at 2am. I never write negative reviews about hotels but I also never had this happen before. I couldn't believe it and they couldn't have cared less.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Stella813,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your overall experience was less than satisfactory. Please be assured that we are looking into your concern as we would like to follow up on your recent stay. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Charisse V
Manchester Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 June 2014

After a less than pleasant experience at the Day's Inn across the highway, I looked at the property and thought " this is more like it". Beautiful landscape, excellent condition, nice lobby, and a professional greeting. Room was immaculate!Free Breakfast was more than I could ask for. Please don't try to save a few dollars by going too cheap.You get what you pay for! An extra $20 or so can make a big difference. I highly recommend Holliday Inn Express .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joeandarlene
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Hampton Inn & Suites Fremont
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton
Best Western Port Clinton
Best Western Port Clinton
#4 of 17 in Port Clinton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont? Share your experiences!