“Get back to the basics, cleanliness and friendliness.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

So I was just here with my wife a newborn baby to get away for the weekend between me moving to another job. Before I tell you the bad I will say the hotel looks nice from the outside as well the breakfast and breakfast lady was amazing she was attentive and made the presentation of the breakfast great. Other than those I was extremely disappointed. First off the room was filthy dust over everything had to wipe it down to make it feel clean and our bed was peviousky slept in. I always check sheets for bugs because I've been in the business and you just never know, and when I pulled the sheets back there were hairs and dirt in the bed it was obvious it was slept in. When I went to the desk to ask about getting some extra sheets they asked "Was the bed not made?" Which I responded no it had been slept in and wasn't changed. I know IHG is all about problem resolution and no response isn't a resolution. The other thing I noticed is the front desk was sitting on a chair at the desk which is extremely unprofessional and really didn't make you feel welcome. Also there was a bunch of boxes and junk behind the desk which isn't suprising being that the rooms were filthy as well. The thing that blows me away about this all is I know that IHG gives you the tools to be a successful hotel, yet this hotel is ignoring all of them. Get back to the basics clean your rooms and take care of your guests. That's all us as guests want.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Kerri H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you so much for your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your stay. I want to personally apologize that you received a poor level of customer service. Again thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest and want you to know that your concerns are our concerns and we have addressed them with the appropriate departments. Please stay with us again soon so we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I typically stay in the Hampton Inn in Fremont, but may reconsider after staying here. This hotels does everything right. It's not perfect in all ways, but it is a very modern and comfortable option for Fremont.

I would choose it again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We are so happy you had the opportunity to stay at our Holiday Inn Express in Fremont, Ohio. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to serving your future travel needs.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We have started to stay at Holiday Inns a lot lately to try and utilize their rewards program. This is be far the best one we've stayed at--it seems new, the staff was friendly and our room was quiet. We asked for a room without an adjoining door and they put us in a king-sized room at the end of the hall. The bed was comfortable and hotel was clean.

We try to avoid the chain restaurants nearby on the strip, so we researched and found a great little place on the water called Tacklebox two. The food was excellent and we highly recommend it , especially if you like fish.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without and adjoining door. Overall, it was one of the quieter hotels we've staye...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent stay with us! We are thrilled that you are an IHG Rewards member and it makes us happy you make a point of utilizing the reward program as it is a great program for all travellers to use. We couldn't agree more that the Tackle Box II is a great place to eat, one of our favorites. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your future stays.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here over the weekend and I don't have enough room on here to say all the things we loved about this place!! The beds were so comfortable, pillows were amazing! We slept better than we do at home here! I have O.C.D and this place met all and exceeded my expectations. We were even greeted by a hand written note from the staff welcoming us to our room, a nice personal touch. Let's talk about the Breakfast! Amazing as well. Everything was fresh, the Turkey sausage was so yummy. Loved their coffee as well, I had two cups with breakfast each morning. I really loved this hotel and will defiantly be coming back again. Great place, nice people wonderful experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying with us for the weekend! We are glad we were able to exceed your expectations and you had a great nights sleep. It is nice to hear when guests are able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast and the wide variety of offerings it has. Thank you again for staying with us and we can't wait until you're able to spend another weekend in Fremont, Ohio.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Really a beautiful hotel, clean, comfortable, staff was outstanding but really close to the rail road tracks. The train noise woke me at different times through the night, I'd try to get a little further away from the train noise.

Room Tip: There is a really nice restaurant/sports bar a bit south call Frickers the food is really good and r...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear High_Miles,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I appreciate the compliments on our property and hotel staff. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the level of noise encountered. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 July 2014

>Below is what I wrote on the Holiday Inn Website. I was expecting to be contacted by someone. It's been over a month, and no response.

"Absolutely the worst experience in all my years of traveling. The
> bed was SOAKED through! We notified the front desk and were 'upgraded' to
> an accessible suite. That room was filthy and smelled like cigarette smoke.
> By this time, the hotel was full, and we had already driven 750 miles, so
> we didn't leave. We were only charged for half the price, but now we have
> concerns that we may get sick from whatever was on that bed. Disgusting. We
> will never stay at a Holiday Inn again. I would suggest that you have them
> remove the mattress from room 128. The girls at the desk didn't seem too
> concerned"

To my husband and I, the most important thing about a hotel is how clean it is. This one failed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chrispyNE
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear chrispyNE,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We're deeply sorry for the over-all experience you had and any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very clean hotel and staff very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was good and they kept everything hot and filled. Didn't have to wait for anything. Our GPS found it with no issues at all. Definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Hampton Inn & Suites Fremont
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton
South Beach Resort Hotel
South Beach Resort Hotel
#1 of 3 in Marblehead

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont? Share your experiences!