“Hampton Inn Fremont, OH”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fremont
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn during our visit to Cedar Point. The hotel was about 30 minutes to the amusement park and was right off the expressway. The staff was friendly and helpful during our stay. The room was clean as well as other areas of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Brandon P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel, we thank you for your kind words. We are so happy you chose to stay with us during your Cedar Point visit. We hope you had a fun and memorable time while you were in town.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here on the last night of a week-long trip. Friendly staff, spacious, comfortable suite with excellent appointments made this a wonderful place to relax and get a good night's rest. The interstate is close by but not close enough to hear. An overall quiet environment with a tasty breakfast available, this is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Take a drive into Fremont if you have the time. A very nice city!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. I can't wait to share them with the rest of the staff. I am pleased to see that you found our hotel accommodating.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel while traveling through Ohio. The hotel is very clean, has ample parking, and is right off the highway. Though the hotel is close to the highway, it is remarkably quiet. There was no issue with noise from other guest rooms or the hallway at all.
On our arrival, the lobby was clean, and staff very friendly. I felt very welcome in their hotel. We arrived late and were looking for pizza delivery options in the area, the desk staff recommended a local place that still delivered there, despite the late hour. I never felt like I was a burden to the staff, like many places these days make one feel.
I did have the opportunity to use the pool as well. It is a nice size pool/spa area with plenty of room to lounge, and relax between dips.
Our room was clean, and comfortable. There was a microwave, a refrigator, and coffee maker in room. The bathroom was spacious and well lit, the TV was great, and the beds were down right awesome.
The hot breakfast in the morning was great as well. If you go hungry there, it is your own fault. They offer selections hot and cold, as well as a waffle maker. You really can't go wrong here.

If you are looking for a nice place to take refuge for the night, after hours on the road, look no further than the Hampton Inn, Fremont. You will get a great night's sleep, and be ready to tackle what lies ahead the next day.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, less noise there.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Brandon P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time and filling out a descriptive review of our hotel. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed all of our amenities. We would love for you to stop back by if your travels would ever bring you back to the Fremont area!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

As with all Hamptons, this one was clean, comfortable, and has a wonderful staff but at $200 per night (including nearly $25 per night in taxes) it's out of our budget. Probably will look for something a little more reasonable on future visits.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dean F
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Nice clean hotel, lobby is well equipped, breakfast has a wide variety of quality foods. Sleeping is easy as the hotel is quiet you simply don't hear the next door room like the Holiday Inn next door. Fitness facility decent, clean and has free weights. Unless your handicapped avoid this room. Shower head is low, counter space small.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My son and I stopped at this Hampton Inn on our way home from a quick trip to Michigan. I secured the room with one credit card, but asked at check-in if I could have the room billed to a different card before I checked out. The clerk said "No Problem"
Well, it's been nothing but problems. When I got home, I checked my online banking to make sure things were done correctly. They were not so I called the hotel and spoke to Natalie. Natalie was in a big rush. She kept interrupting me when I tried to explain the issue and because she was rushing and didn't really listen, we ended up going through the situation three times before she got it (or at least I thought she got it). She told me she could fix the problem and before I could ask her to send me a receipt showing the credit to the card that was incorrectly charged (after she had moved the charge to the correct card) she HUNG UP ON ME. I called again to ask for some sort of email receipt showing the change to the correct card and the credit on the incorrect card. I also asked for the phone number to Hilton Honors. Only when I mentioned Hilton Honors did she find her "customer service voice and attitude." She then told me she couldn't send me a receipt showing me the credit, only one showing the new charge ?!?!? Well, as of right now, the correct card has been charged once and the incorrect card has been CHARGED THREE TIMES! I've been billed FOUR TIMES for ONE ROOM on ONE NIGHT! I've called Hilton Honors and they all agree this is unprofessional and ridiculous, but that I have to speak to the general manager to get the billing issue resolved and they have sent him an email detailing the issue. I tried calling the hotel twice to reach the manager. Given the incompetence I've experienced at this hotel so far, i was not completely shocked that the phone rang there 30 times each call and then disconnected. I then called Hampton reservations to get transferred to the hotel….it appears they can't even answer the phone without it being directed from the corporate offices. Once I reached the clerk (Beth) she informed me that there was NO MANAGER on duty until 1 pm in the afternoon. Why am I not surprised by this? She said the emails were there waiting for him regarding my issue. Beth did at least apologize for the problem. We'll see if I get a phone call when the General Manager shows up at this property. What a joke! The room was clean and comfortable - but definitely not worth FOUR TIMES the regular rate and not worth all the hassle this has caused. I wish I'd gone to one of the other nearby chains. Oh, and the icing on the cake….I was charged $160 + tax for the room on a Monday night. When I went online to get the hotel phone number the first time I tried to call them about the problem, the rate showed as $126 + tax. The staff at this Hampton needs some additional training and they need to have a manager (who has been properly trained) on duty at all times.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Brandon P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey as it helps us better ourselves as hosts. I am very sorry about the billing issue that you have experienced. Since our last conversation I have fixed all billing mistakes and have emailed you a copy to the verified email address. I am sorry you feel that my staff is unprofessional; we will continue striving to always improve while maintaining our award winning #1 ranking. My office hours are given to my front desk so they know when I’ll be in my office. If you have any more questions or comments, please feel welcomed to reach out to me.
Concerning the online discounts for anyone else reading this, online discounts usually have you pre-pay in advance with a strict no cancellation policy, no exceptions permitted. That is why the discounts are so great. Hopefully this helps someone out there.

Hospitably,

Brandon Pickard

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights and although the room was fine and the staff did a great job cleaning it, we were rather disappointed with the steak and eggs breakfast that Hampton advertised for. In the heart of guests convening in the breakfast room, Hamptons food server neglected to make sufficient amount of food to accommodate its guests. When I asked the food server how soon we could eat she was rude and defensive stating that it would take 20 minutes before more food would be available. Therefore guests were forced to eat oatmeal and potatoes without steak and eggs. When I complained to the manager on site about the issue of guests not able to eat she became defensive and stated there was only one person working the kitchen. This is just unacceptable when rooms are running $150 a night and the hotel seemed to be highly occupied. From what I observed there was approx 20 guests that did not eat as a result. Once the food was brought to the heat tray it was almost all eggs and very little steak. I would consider staying again because the rooms are nice but the breakfast thing needs to be addressed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out this survey, it is through these that we can learn to become better hosts. First off I would like to apologize for the breakfast issue, this was not handled in which the way they were trained. Having breakfast is the best way to start off the day and when there are complications concerning it, this makes for a frustrating start. Since I have received word about this situation my staff will be doing a mandatory retraining so this issue won’t happen again. Concerning everything else, I am very glad you did enjoy your stay with us. We do hope next time you’re in town that you will stop by again and give our breakfast a second chance.

Hospitably,

Brandon Pickard

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont
Best Western Port Clinton
Best Western Port Clinton
#5 of 17 in Port Clinton
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Port Clinton, OH

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fremont? Share your experiences!