“A great Thanksgiving retreat”

SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gahanna
Reviewed 28 November 2006

My husband & I made the SpringHill Suites near the Columbus airport our home away from home when in town visiting family over the holidays. It was an excellent choice for our three night stay. We checked in the day before Thanksgiving around 5 pm. Check in was quick and easy, and within a few minutes we were inside our 2 doubles suite on the first floor. Like many Marriott properties, it had the foam top mattresses, which I'm learning to enjoy. When entering the room, we had a mini kitchen on one side with a mini fridge, sink, microwave and some cabinets and a desk across from it. There was a small sitting area with a coffee table, sofa and recliner across from a TV on the other side of the room. After passing the work/relax/eat part of the room, there were two double beds, another TV and a small clothing storage area. If you're looking for an extended stay hotel for a long trip, I wouldn't recommend it unless you travel light; there wasn't really much room for putting away clothing, but for two people for three nights, we had plenty of room. The bathroom was split into two; a shower/tub and toilet in one room, and a vanity across the small hallway. The room was very comfortable, much larger than other suites that I've stayed in, and had plenty of light. Even though it's near the airport, I never heard a plane from inside the hotel.

SpringHill provided a nice continental breakfast every morning. They had all sorts of breads (raisin, white, bagels & English muffins), sausage, eggs, cheese, danishes, muffins, waffles, cereals, fruits, yogurts, etc. The food was always good and they did a good job refilling the buffet was necessary.

They do have a pool, hot tub, exercise room and airport/Easton shuttle, though we didn't use any of those facilities. The TVs have a decent cable channel selection including HBO, but they didn't seem to have pay per view selections. We never use them anyways, so we didn't mind.

With a great Priceline rate of $40/night, we were escatic to find such a fantastic deal on a comfortable and clean hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank MrsKruse

Reviewed 3 September 2006

I stayed for one night (8/26-8/27/06) at the SpringHill Suites in Gahanna, OH on my way back to PA from a week in Chicago & St. Louis. The property is located in a very quiet suburban neighborhood near several office parks, yet not far from Port Columbus Airport, I-270 & I-670. My accomodation was a studio suite with two double beds & a sofabed (#107). For the most part, it lived up to the usual high standards I have come to expect at most Marriott-branded hotels. Although small, the suite was very comfortable with the climate control very efficient. There was a full complement of channels on the cable TV (including local weather on The Weather Channel-a real nicety not always found on hotel TV's). Although there was very heavy rain in the Columbus area the night of my stay, I would never known it without looking out the window-the room was that quiet! The bed was very plush & comfortable-however it could have been just a wee bit longer for my 6'1" frame.

The area is very safe (as usual, judging from my three previous stays in the Columbus area!) with a Frisch's Big Boy, Bob Evans, & other resaturants located within 1 mile. There is also a Kroger supermarket nearby for stocking up on necessities.

I will definitely keep the SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport in mind the next time my travels take me to central Ohio!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank MichaelBug
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gahanna
Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport
TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East
Columbus Airport Marriott
Columbus Airport Marriott
#30 of 145 in Columbus

Been to SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna

Address: 665 Taylor Rd, Gahanna, OH 43230-6203
Region: United States > Ohio > Gahanna
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gahanna
Price Range: £86 - £139 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna Hotel Gahanna