“Everything about this place is excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hickory House
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Gahanna
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Lexington, Ohio
“Everything about this place is excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Awesome steaks! Shrimp crab cakes fish and chips are great. Service was great they really take care of you. This is deffinatley one of our favorite new places. This restaurant was a great find!

• Visited May 2014

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Friendly Service, Good Prices, Tough steak”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were staying near the restaurant and the staff at the hotel recommended Hickory House highly. They were very busy on this Friday night (make reservations...), but got us in with only about a 10 minute wait. Very friendly staff and waitress came immediately. Steaks are their specialty, so we opted to share a big one--their house special--Porterhouse. It came with a salad and one side, so we ordered two other sides and had plenty of food. All of it was prepared well--but unfortunately my steak had a lot of fat and some gristle. Only a couple of bites that were just pure steak. I was disappointed at $22.95. I would recommend opting for a leaner cut of steak or the ribs.

The location is great and the Creekside area of Gahanna (suburb of Columbus) was fun to walk around. In retrospect, we should have eaten at one of the places there, only 7-8 minutes away.

They seated us in the back area, near the bar, which was excellent--the main dining room was VERY noisy and our space was much quieter.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RichardinOhio
Tiburon, California
“A good find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Just off HIghway 70 is a charming casual restaurant, with a faux log cabin decor. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. There is a full bar and a varied menu Steaks are featured, but we ordered the ribs, which are their signature dish, and they were very good. Ordered the half slab and the plate was overflowing. Entrees come with a nice crisp salad and a choice of sides, which is quite extensive. I had the sweet potato waffle fries, my husband had garlic mashed potatoes, but there were about a dozen other choices of sides. The price for dinner for two with drinks was around $60. Everything was good; not fancy but well done. And the atmosphere was friendly and fun.

Visited June 2014
“Don't expect to get your food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I never got a chance to try the food. I waited for 45 minutes after placing the order and after I asked for a status they were running around not knowing what happened with my food. I would have been okay if they were busy but I can't even give them that. Can't rate the food but they definitely are not customer focused.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Phenomenal food - come hungry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We tied on the feedback and liked it so much we went back again the next night. The service is good, the food is awesome, and the prices are quite reasonable. Huge portions! Try the ribs, and I highly recommend the potato chip appetizer (trust me!)

Visited May 2014