“Hugely disappointing, completely lost focus”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Gallipolis
Cuisines: American
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Reviewed 20 June 2013

If Bob went to one of his restaurants now, I don't think he would recognize it. For some reason, they seem to be trying to be Applebee's.

Thank goodness I could still order chicken'n'noodles, which was as enjoyable as ever. The rolls were as delicious as I remembered. The onion chips I ordered were fantastic.

But my other family members had not been to a Bob Evans before and found nothing special about the experience or the food they ordered. I regret that I have to agree with them. This was a successful chain with a stable menu of popular items. But the menu we were given took forever to look at, had an unnecessarily huge selection of unexpected and overpriced items, and had no original, unique caché left at all, no farm feel. In retrospect, we wished we'd gone to Denny's where we wouldn't have been surprised by anything. People don't go to the same restaurant to get something different.

Our server was very pleasant but like a previous reviewer said, she had way too much to do. The manager took our order after we were able to get his attention away from a personal conversation he was having with the table next to us. He wasn't unfriendly, but more than a little apathetic about serving us.

Since it took so long to have dinner here, almost 90 minutes, we were too tired to drive another hour like we had planned, causing our drive home the next day to extend to 1:30 AM.

There are newer reviews for Bob Evans

Reviewed 21 April 2013

strawberry salad and friendly staff seems always to be the same, even if the rest of the town seems not so keen on tourists and other visitors.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I stop here a couple to times a year when visiting family on trips. I try to avoid the most crowded times but it stays full a lot. The breakfasts are excellent. Bob Evan's is not pricey but not as cheap as some breakfast diners. The sausge gravy is addictive. This location is among the best I have vistied -- outside the original location in Rio Grande.

My parents-in-laws do a lot of dinner carry our here; especially the turkey dinners. Not my favorite but good comfort food.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Everything is different...okay, I can live with that. It does appear, to me however, that the staff is way overworked. Waitstaff have to do everything......bus tables, handle takeout, clean up messes, get the food together to serve, restock tables supplies. We were there and wondered why our food was being slammed down in front of us like we were hogs at a trough. By the time the waitstaff had our food ready to be served, they were already doing half a dozen different things. Remember when you used to go in and sometimes the staff would actually have time to pull out a chair and sit with you while you were ordering.....not anymore, just slam, bam and here's your check. I ordered dessert after dinner and my check was amended and at the table a full five minutes before the dessert came! It's just not the homestyle Bob and Jewel intended. The rating for poor service is no reflection on the staff, it just they have sooooooooo much to do that it's impossible to provide great service. and NO, I don't work there, never have, never will, the atmosphere rating comes from all the noise. Oh, and they have raised the prices again.

1  Thank Lanie46
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is a typical Bob Evans, despite being in the original home town of the restaurant. The staff are excellent.

Been to Bob Evans? Share your experiences!