“Great getaway spot”
Review of Kenyon Inn

Kenyon Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gambier
Kenyon Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Gambier B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We were in Gambier for a wedding recently. The bride's family had blocked rooms at the Kenyon Inn. We were very pleased.
Since we were in town for a celebration of a wonderful couple and even more wonderful parents it was easy to be in a good mood. Staying at the Inn only made it better. The desk person was a tad brusque and I worried about how the visit would go. But the room was great--the front desk person was NICE just ultra business like for Gambier OH on a Saturday afternoon in June. Anyway the room was very nice. I assume it was redone but never staying here that's just a guess. The amenities were nice the room was a good size and the bathroom was great. It had a first rate shower and the rest of the space was adequate.

The beds were comfortable and the place was spotless. We were at the end of the hall--I can imagine it might get a little noisy if you were near the front desk on the first floor but it was fine where we were.

The staff (other than the desk clerk being a bit formal--and I'd take that over not caring ANY day) was great. We sort of took over the bar at times and the staff was patient and accomodating. We had a breakfast the next day and while it was a private buffet I assume the food was similar to what would normally be served and it was top notch.

So if you have some reason to be in Gambier or the general area I recommend this Inn. It would be easy for them to "mail it in" as they're the only game in town mostly but they didn't. They took alot of effort to make the rooms and place stand out.

Nice job!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lobby...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I came to Kenyon for an interview and they put me up in this nice hotel. Everyone who works there is very friendly and helpful except for the restaurant manager Deborah. I ordered some food and when she gave it to me she said "wow, you ordered a lot of food". i don't come to a restaurant to get the server's opinion of my food portion. very poor. the restaurant also had no vegetarian options for a dinner entree. Really? I got some grilled vegetables arranged nicely on a plate. Breakfast oatmeal was terrible. raisins were old! So disappointing. And the yogurt and fruit was just as disappointing. A sprinkle of granola and mandarin oranges on top. When I see fruit and yogurt I expect fresh fruit and not canned. Usual fruits include strawberries, bananas and blueberries. Also the lemon yogurt parfait for dessert was terrible. I think they get away with such poor food because its the only fine restaurant in the village.

Room service was also not great. They only made my bed and replaced my linens and did not replenish my shampoo, conditioner or lotion or tidy the room at all.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

What a charming place to stay. The staff was welcoming and truly made you feel like family. They helped me with any request I had: from walking me outside to show me where I needed to go, to finding me a ziplock bag!!! The decor was inviting, the rooms were clean, spacious and had great linens and towels. I loved that the rooms had clocks in them that were equipped to charge an iPhone. I would have liked to have seen the lamps with outlets on them as well, or at least easier excess to wall outlets so I could plug in my other electronics. The bathroom was small and did not have a tub, only a shower, but it was clean and had all the extras like shower caps, lotions, shampoos and what not. When I booked the room, I thought it was pricey, but it was right on campus and I wanted the location. When I left, I knew I had gotten a real bargain. What a great find!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed at this very comfortable and very updated Inn during a college tour swing. Basically located right on campus. Much more than I expected from this very small town/village. The room looked brand new and was very bright and clean.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Returned to "show off" the old college. The Inn was new; everything was perfect! Better than memory of the old days. Food and service outstanding. Front desk for guest information was wonderful.

Just could not be better!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I'm lucky enough to visit the Kenyon 4 or 5 times a year on business, the whole atmosphere and friendliness of the staff make every trip enjoyable. The hotel has had a revamp in the last 12 months which have turned it into an absolute oasis after a days work.
The hotel is situated in the lovely town of Gambier home to Kenyon College with it's beautiful buildings and excellent facilities.
By far the best place to stay in Ohio.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2012

If you are planning a trip to visit Kenyon College, book your room at the Kenyon Inn asap before it fills up because it's a beautiful inn and right in the middle of campus and all of the action at the College. I don't know whether it's new or just newly renovated, but everything is so tasteful. I couldn't help but wonder why other top liberal arts colleges don't have similarly nice inns nearby. Everyone who works there is pleasant but they think nothing of sending you up the stairs with luggage, so you will need to ask for directions to the elevator. Rooms are very nicely appointed in neutral, sophisticated tones with artsy photos. Bed is firm and super comfortable. Food is good (but portions are tiny.) But don't expect room service -- there is a vending machine on the first floor. So much nicer than most inns near other top colleges.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ElmCityAfficionado

Been to Kenyon Inn? Share your experiences!