“Elegant and spacious stay on Kenyon's campus”
Review of Kenyon Inn

Kenyon Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gambier
Kenyon Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Gambier B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 September 2013

If you are looking for a nice, quiet and elegant place to stay while in Gambier, the Kenyon Inn is it.
This was my fourth time staying here and did not disappoint. The rooms are recently renovated and lovely, The Inn is right on campus. There is a coffee shop and a bookstore across from the Inn and even a cute women's clothing shop next-door. I was visiting my daughter who is a student at Kenyon and it was nice to be so close and easy access to her. They have a restaurant which is upscale and delicious.

Room Tip: I liked being on the first floor facing west. They are doing construction on the North so a little l...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Gambier Ohio is Kenyon College. It's a pretty little town with nothing else going on. This Inn is a lovely old but very well kept hotel, where one is greeted warmly and help is always available for whatever one needs. The restaurant, while not stellar, is perfectly adequate for a college visit trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I love this little hotel. Always just sweet and comfortable. The first floor rooms are very large, don't know about the second floor. The staff is very accommodating. Clean and spa like...I look forward to it every time.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are large. Make dinner reso's for the inn way ahead of arrival.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We were in Gambier to visit Kenyon College and stayed in this nicely maintained older hotel. The staff is friendly, the area is stunning, but the approach down a side street, through construction and tightly spaced parking is not impressive. The rooms were smaller than a modern hotel, as were the beds, but I've certainly stayed in smaller rooms in historic hotels and feel like the Kenyon Inn has managed nicely to maintain its historic feel while updating its amenities. That being said, I slept better in the two Hampton Inns on this trip than here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We were in Gambier for a wedding recently. The bride's family had blocked rooms at the Kenyon Inn. We were very pleased.
Since we were in town for a celebration of a wonderful couple and even more wonderful parents it was easy to be in a good mood. Staying at the Inn only made it better. The desk person was a tad brusque and I worried about how the visit would go. But the room was great--the front desk person was NICE just ultra business like for Gambier OH on a Saturday afternoon in June. Anyway the room was very nice. I assume it was redone but never staying here that's just a guess. The amenities were nice the room was a good size and the bathroom was great. It had a first rate shower and the rest of the space was adequate.

The beds were comfortable and the place was spotless. We were at the end of the hall--I can imagine it might get a little noisy if you were near the front desk on the first floor but it was fine where we were.

The staff (other than the desk clerk being a bit formal--and I'd take that over not caring ANY day) was great. We sort of took over the bar at times and the staff was patient and accomodating. We had a breakfast the next day and while it was a private buffet I assume the food was similar to what would normally be served and it was top notch.

So if you have some reason to be in Gambier or the general area I recommend this Inn. It would be easy for them to "mail it in" as they're the only game in town mostly but they didn't. They took alot of effort to make the rooms and place stand out.

Nice job!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lobby...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I came to Kenyon for an interview and they put me up in this nice hotel. Everyone who works there is very friendly and helpful except for the restaurant manager Deborah. I ordered some food and when she gave it to me she said "wow, you ordered a lot of food". i don't come to a restaurant to get the server's opinion of my food portion. very poor. the restaurant also had no vegetarian options for a dinner entree. Really? I got some grilled vegetables arranged nicely on a plate. Breakfast oatmeal was terrible. raisins were old! So disappointing. And the yogurt and fruit was just as disappointing. A sprinkle of granola and mandarin oranges on top. When I see fruit and yogurt I expect fresh fruit and not canned. Usual fruits include strawberries, bananas and blueberries. Also the lemon yogurt parfait for dessert was terrible. I think they get away with such poor food because its the only fine restaurant in the village.

Room service was also not great. They only made my bed and replaced my linens and did not replenish my shampoo, conditioner or lotion or tidy the room at all.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

What a charming place to stay. The staff was welcoming and truly made you feel like family. They helped me with any request I had: from walking me outside to show me where I needed to go, to finding me a ziplock bag!!! The decor was inviting, the rooms were clean, spacious and had great linens and towels. I loved that the rooms had clocks in them that were equipped to charge an iPhone. I would have liked to have seen the lamps with outlets on them as well, or at least easier excess to wall outlets so I could plug in my other electronics. The bathroom was small and did not have a tub, only a shower, but it was clean and had all the extras like shower caps, lotions, shampoos and what not. When I booked the room, I thought it was pricey, but it was right on campus and I wanted the location. When I left, I knew I had gotten a real bargain. What a great find!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gambier
Mount Vernon Grand Hotel
#1 of 2 in Granville
Holiday Inn Express Mt. Vernon
Holiday Inn Express Mt. Vernon
#3 of 5 in Mount Vernon

Been to Kenyon Inn? Share your experiences!