“No breakfast include, that was sad.”

Ginger Hotel Guwahati
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Guwahati
A TripAdvisor Member
“No breakfast include, that was sad.”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Everything is o.k, but
there is no breakfast include.
We stayed one night lass than we planned, but it is no refund.
It was mentioned Offer applied: Book 15 days in advance and gets 12% discount - I booked the room on 4 June, for (24-28 June) there is no sign of discount.
If you want me to advertised - please do like you had mentioned.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We reached very late around midnight really tired and were made to wait almost 15 mins at the reception while he kept typing on and on his computer entering data before we were finally provided with the electronic access card. We had heavy luggage and no one even helped us out with it. Only thing I was thankful for was that they packed dinner for us upon request and left it in our room before we reached that night.

But apart from that, the room service seemed non existent. If you ask for drinking water they'll tell you to fill up your bottles from the pantry on your floor. If you ask to pick up the laundry they'll tell you to carry it till the reception to deposit it. I agree with everyone else here about the WiFi signal being hopelessly low.

Also the place was really far away from the city, do not recommend it for people without their own means of transport. Luckily we had our own, except on the last day. The airport is around 35 kms and takes an hour on a good day, and during peak hours so is Railway station. The hotel arranged taxi was really expensive and charged us Rs. 900 for airport drop.

The rooms are clean and spacious, the LCD TV couldn't be any smaller. Bathrooms are clean but really small and the fittings are good and the pressurized shower was a plus. Breakfast was crowded with more people and less place to sit. Was my first experience with Ginger hotel chain, and chose this place hoping for a good service and quality but I'm sure you can get much better place and service in much better location in the city at the price.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Montreux, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 June 2013

They should seriously stop calling themselves a hotel because they have no idea how to run one. I was surprised when they made me wait for 48 mins for a check-in even after having made a reservation a day earlier. Then, I was given a room that was under maintenance. To further add salt to the wound, the receptionist had the audacity to walk past me without having the slightest courtesy and decency to apologize for the delay in failing to provide me a hassle free check-in. I wonder which hotel school they graduated from and who hired them, because they for sure didn't possess the basic knowledge of hospitality ( referring to both of the receptionists and the manager in charge of that fateful night). One last point, TATA owns and successfully operates one of the best luxury hotels in India and in the world, I guess they made an operational exception with Ginger Hotel, Guwahati (Assam). Take a picnic basket the next time you want to check in, cos they'll make you wait.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Guwahati hotels

Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We were there for a day for a business trip. The place was new to us so I chose not to experiment much and go with a safer option. Ginger property is not new to me and I was aware of their excellent hospitality at such a throw away price. Overall as expected had nice breakfast,lunch. The only downside was the wifi getting disconnected abruptly. On complaining at reception, I was informed TCS guys are working on it, and I just turned back knowing it will not be up soon.
Not much of a hassle, would recommend. The property is located in a bit secluded area off GS road by about 3 Km. It is almost 10-12 Km from Railway Station. One will get complementary drop to GS Road intersection from the hotel and can manage onward commutation by Auto/.Taxi.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Jowai, Meghalaya, India
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This hotel is the worst ever I've been.
Lets start with the location, its in the outskirt of the city, where you have to spend hundreds of Rupees to get there.
It took forever to check in. I came with heavy luggage, having spent so much, there is none to even offer me a helping hand to carry my luggage to my room, and the sad part is that I have to roam around the hotel to search for my room, whose card for entering the room is not functioning properly.
It is to my total disappointment, to find the room so congested, that there is not even a space to keep my luggage, I literally have to jump over the luggage to get to the bathroom!
The AC was outdated and poorly functional, lucky it was December!
Not to mention the TV with Tata Sky connection, which does not even have News channels. Complaining and requesting for the same is as good as talking to the wall!
The Free WiFi is imaginary, after several complaints, having stayed for 3 days, I got very poor signals on the last day, which is utterly useless.
The room service is below standard as i have to beg for my room to be cleaned!
And for some reasons you will be served very limited food items to the room.
My God! if you are a tall person, your knees will definitely be crushed against the wall while sitting on the toilet! and if you are slightly overweight, you will have to take bath with great trouble.
For the price 3/4th of this hotel, go to the heart of the city, and you will get BETTER hotels, by miles, in Guwahati, Great Location, Cleaner, More Spacious and Better Facilities.
Lastly, lest i forget to mention, you will be greeted by staffs who does not speak English, who will then ask you to wait for some manager, who spoke broken English!
I never expected, even in my wildest dreams, such treatment from a Branded Hotel like this one!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank L_Shullai
Shillong, Meghalaya
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Been staying at this property ever since it opened up. Generally, stay here for a night or two at most. Most recently, stayed here when I was travelling with my entended family. As always, this is one of the most well maintained Ginger hotels I have stayed in. Just one gripe though. The in-house restaurant is too basic and there is not much to choose from.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Kolkata
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I found this hotel compared to others in guwahati the city of pilgrimage. The buffet dinner and breakfast was very nice. The room was ok like other ginger rooms. The location was a bit away from the crowds and market.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family