“Excellent Stay”
Review of Rains Inn

Rains Inn
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Guwahati
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have booked this hotel after seeing the pictures on website and was skeptical about the actual stay. However, when I reached hotel, it did not look very promising as the lobby area was pretty small. However, the check-in was pretty quick and staff was very polite. The room was large as compare to other hotels I stayed in Guwahati and it had a private balcony also. It had nice view and air conditioning was very effective. Food was tasty and moderately priced. I found the hotel very good and its value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed one night each twice this month during my travel around North East. Surprised to find this gem of a hotel tucked away in the city centre yet away from the hubnub of the noisy Manipur basti. Room was cozy , neat n clean . Loved the bamboo themed decor and the small balcony in room no. 401 where I stayed during my first stop over. The was no balcony in Room no 403 my next stay over but the room was slightly bigger.Staff was very helpful and cooperative . The little gesture of their letting me have my B/F much earlier than the normal buffet time as I had to check out early for my onward travel was really sweet. Such little gestures do matter a lot in the hospitality business. And if you are a lover of Manipuri cuisine you have lots of options to eat out around the area. I will certainly recommend Rains Inn to travellers on a visit to Guwahati

Room Tip: Room no. 401 n 403 were fine.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ITNatureClub
Reviewed 27 June 2014

its been a wonderful stay in dis hotel which is a family cum pack environment which ly in d heart of d city an even d staff r good but they need to b well trained esp in communication skills mos of d helps come from guys like Pinku,Ritiesh,Raj or Baby boy. And these guys need to b well guided cos without them d hotel wont bloom, without u d boss Bismachand d co host.
Thanxs to adhi bhai too but plz d mater on d food section needed to b look upon if u would intro Chinese food an other kinds of flavor then your heavenly abode hotel will reach d sky an as well d bar sect needed to b pull up in a better way. an one things d room in dis hotel r good an within every one reach or budget ,cos have been here 4 a almost 2 months wit my family since its my first stay in dis hotel and would like 2 encourage other people 2 come an stay and u shall b bless last but not d least all d managers r easy 2 approach an understanding esp Sumit alias Pinku byyy Rainnss Inn OR RAINING MEN HALALUYAA.

Room Tip: Yoo Man go 4 De De Luxx room and enjoy your night in RAIN INNN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I usually go for work to Guwahati and this time i decided to try a new place in Guwahati, based on my readings of Trip Advisor blogs.
I was certainly not disappointed. A beautiful, cosy hotel, tucked away in a bye lane, yet absolutely at the heart of the city. The road leading upto the hotel is not very promising, but dont get disheartened, it is worth staying here.
They give you great prices, and the food , ambience, decor are all good! i only wish they had some Assamese cuisine too, in their menu card!

Room Tip: Try the executive rooms They are bigger. But the standard rooms were also not bad.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Hotel is in the city center, with all amenities of a 3 star hotel. Wi-Fi was working fine, A/C was new and very effective.
Food is average. Front office is quick in response.
Room size was good as it was higher category (we required extra bed).
Stayed only for 1 night so that's all i have to say.
Go ahead and book if in your budget.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Food is average. Front office is quick in response.
Room size was good as it was higher category (we required extra bed).
Stayed only for 1 night so that's all i have to say.
Go ahead and book if in your budget.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here for a night with three of my friends, the place is just OK. It took the receptionist forever to check us in, taking all the time in the world to fill in some papers....scan our passports....scan our entry visas and even found scanning previous "expired" visas too!!

The location isn't really that great, in a narrow noisy road.

When we got into our rooms, the smell there was very bad!! we had to ask them to spray the rooms which were also not very clean anyway....I was aware of much better hotels in Guwahati, but this was the choice of our "not so good" operator from Delhi, and thought we wouldn't change since it is a one night stay....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
RainsInnGuwahati, Manager at Rains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

I am extremely sorry about the delay in check-in and for the room quality & standard for not being upto the mark. Please give us an opportunity to serve you to the best of our abilities next time.

We will definitely not disappoint you.

Best wishes.