“Honest People,honest Service”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Mahalaxmi Indo Myanmar
Ranked #61 of 73 Hotels in Guwahati
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Being a Bank officer I visited Guwahati recently and stayed in this Hotel,that is Hotel Mahalaxmi Indo Myanmar as it suited my budget.I must thank all the staff and management for their honesty and dedication to serve their guest at their best.While checking out I left my Purse below my pillow and as I was moving towards Airport my cell rang and the Hotel informed me that they have found a purse..which I was not aware till that time.I immidiately checked my pocket and finding the information correct returned to the Hotel to collect the same.I must thank them for this kind act.
During my stay I found very good service in every aspect be it cleaning of rooms / change of linen etc or the food service..everything was just perfect.I wish them all success and recommend this to all fellow travellers to Guwahati.
Thanking tripadvisor for giving me this chance......Mr.S.Paul, Kolkata

Room Tip: All rooms are good although there is ample scope to make them better.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Mamoni K

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Booked a single room. The bathroom seems like not been cleaned for ages!! Certainly the the housekeeping service is poor. For Rs.900 + I am sure one can get better options around Guwahati. And ya its very very noisy and the reception staff doesn't have a very welcoming attitude. It was also very irritating every now and then someone knocking on the door asking me if I need something !!! I will certainly pick up the phone and ask for services if I need isn't it!!! certainly won't recommend unless of course if you don't have any option. Check the picture here of the bathroom and decide!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank GeetanjaliDhar
MahalaxmiIndoMyanmar, Owner at Hotel Mahalaxmi Indo Myanmar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

The Foto shown in the review is simply unethical. Many a time some guests put such reviews due to personal grudge if unreasonable discount requests are not compiled with. Morever ISO 9001 Certification has nothing to do with the type of comods or tiles fitted in a bathroom.
However we value all good suggestions and have taken the matter seriously so that no guest feels unsatisfied by our service or amenities.

Reviewed 9 May 2011

Very nice hotel in north east and situates in prime location

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tour79
Reviewed 26 March 2011

It is an average hotel with two star and is ISO certified. We had stayed with two small children in executive AC room which had wall to wall carpet but was very dirty. Though a mosquito repellent was provided in the room, still we had to encounter lot of mosquitoes the whole night which has left marks on us particularly on our six months old child. The bathroom fixtures require upkeep and modifications. So rooms are not a value for money. Room Service is good and minor tips go a long way. Food is also good and is not expensive. Location is good.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Shailendra6
Reviewed 3 February 2011

I'm sure this hotel was great 5 years ago, but now its dirty and drafty. The room was so drafty that I was freezing on this January night and had a hard time getting more than one extra blanket. As with many hotels in the area, there is no heat or insulation.

Its very near the train station and across from the Network Bus Stop, but the poor insulation meant that the traffic noise was really loud as well.

This place really needs a coat of paint and some bleach. Dirty walls I can live with, but my sheets and towels were really grimy.

The food at the restaurant was the one nice thing about the place.

All in All, my local friends asked me why on earth I was staying there and suggested there are cleaner places in the same budget.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank idcirco
Reviewed 29 July 2010

we were there for a month and had great time. as the location is good and the ameneties provided in the hotels are sufficient . the room service was good.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank izakpaul
Reviewed 14 June 2010

The hotel is near to Railway station and situated most busiest place of Paltanbazar. The outside decoration of the hotel is really good. Rooms are small and has less amenities. But the service is good. Room rent is also moderate. Food quality is also very good. Rooms does not have that mush decoration but quite clean. I prefer this hotel for transit passengers but not for business travelers, because there is no internet or wifi facility.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business