“Cool”
Review of Upadhyay Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kullu
Upadhyay Cottages
Ranked #1 of 70 Speciality Lodging in Kullu
Chennai (Madras), India
“Cool”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Had a wonderful time in Kulu Manali with my friends, more thanks to the cottage owner Mr. Rajeev who have been a great helpful to us from the moment we stepped into Manali. None of us knowing Hindi, it would have been a troublesome trip for us if Rajeev Ji wasn't there. Knowing our comfort in the cottages, Guiding us to the places to visit in Kulu, Arranging cabs for us to travel to all the places, giving us a send off to the bus stop in our return, Rajeev Ji has been with us all the time doing all the communications and arrangements to make our trip enjoyable.

The place was comfortable to stay in, rooms were clean, wonderful sight outside to spend a leisure time. Overall a great place to stay for the trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The moments we (my friends) spent in cottage was one of the sweetest and memorable experience in my life we had, The hospitality and respect which my brother (Rajeev ji) gave was very awesome one. The peoples (Rajeev,Dev,Sham) were really great with their self to treat us like we are one of them. The place (Upadhayay cottage) makes our Manali trip a very special one. The valley view from the cottage was excellent and it gives me the feel of being in the Himalayas itself.
" Awesome..Awesome..."
"Super ji...Super ji...Super ji..."

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank VijiVR
Tirunelveli, India
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Hi,This is the first time we have come to the north part of India.Initially we were afraid how our trip might turn out to be.But we were pleasently shocked how hospitable the people are here.The room service is extremely perfect and the rooms are of top quality.But above all the hospitability of this cottage owner Mr.Rajesh amazes me. Also the services provided by serviceman Sham and the car driver Dev also deserves praise. One of the our friends lost his purse and Our driver Dev just provided great support.Also Mr.Rajesh provided great support in arranging the alternatives for our friend who lost his pan card with his purse.

Also the snow covered manali place is a must watch place for everyone.Overall a memorable place and I highly recommend everyone to visit this place

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank AbelMariadoss
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I was driving around Himachal towards the end of 2013. Towards the end of my trip I decided to splurge a bit and relax. Upadyay cottages definitely hit the spot for me. It's far away from the madness of Manali, with great views to be had from the cottages.

I was put up in Cottage no.2, big windows, great room plus wifi meant that I had nothing to complain about.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank engti
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 7 February 2014

It was an awesome experience. Had one of my best New Year Celebration along with Rajeevji, Rajneshji, Shamji, Shoam & my freinds. The hospitality provided & cottage was truly amazing & specially the food was delicious. Felt like lets stay for few more days every morning. Will surely visit again. We Love You Rajeevji but we wont Kiss You ;)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nitish_Gandhi
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at Upadhyay Cottages in Cottage #1 for 3 nights from January 14th till 17th 2014. It was one of the most amazing stay that we have ever experienced in last few years. It was literally like we were at our home. The hospitality shown by Mr. Rajeev and his entire family was amazing. Mr. Rajeev and Rajnesh took us to the town on their vehicle whenever we needed to buy anything and were very helpful.
It was very cold when we went there and every night when we reached the cottage after full day's sight seeing, the heaters in the rooms were switched on and the room was hot. Mr. Rajeev himself prepared the campfire for us outside the cottage and helped us bear the extreme cold and made us so comfortable.
Below are various points that I would like to mention about Upadhyay Cottages.
Location - The cottage is located in a really beautiful area outside the town of Katrain in between the apple, persimmon, walnut, lime and lemon garden. The view from the cottage is really awesome especially the view from the big balcony that is on the first floor of the cottage. You will be able to see snow capped mountains on all sides of the cottage.
Rooms - As mentioned earlier, we stayed in Cottage #1 with 3 bedrooms in it. The rooms were very spacious with a big cot, enough pillows and big razais to bear the extreme cold. The bathrooms were also very neat and well maintained with hot water available all the time. Shyam and Shomu cleaned the room every day when we leave for site seeing. There was also a dining room as well as outside dinning area for having food with enough tables and chairs for accommodating about 10-12 people.
Food - The food prepared by them was really delicious and the quantity was also good. Shyam was very kind as he used to prepare food for us as and when we requested; sometimes at odd times as well. The mixed vegetables with shimla mirchi was excellent. There is a kitchen in the cottage with a stove, fridge, enough utensils and spices if you would like to cook your own food.
Overall it was an excellent stay and we really felt as if we stayed in one of our relatives house and not like a cottage at all. May god give the entire family good health and happiness through out.
I would definitely come back again and recommend Updahyay cottages to all my friends and known people who wish to go to Kullu and Manali.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank shreeram47
chennai
Reviewed 9 January 2014

It was an experience for a lifetime . The hospitality provided by rajeev ji and his team was amazing. It was truly like a home I dreamt about in my dreams. The snow covered mountain view outside the cottage was marvellous as if some artist has drawn a jem of a painting.. The food served specially chicken was the tastiest chicken I had in recent times. Our new year began with a blast and all thanks to Rajeevji ,Rajneshji, Shoam and Shang. We love you :)

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank AdiShetty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kullu
The Himalayan
#1 of 3 in Haripur
The Manali Inn
The Manali Inn
#7 of 123 in Manali

Been to Upadhyay Cottages? Share your experiences!