“Atrocious waste of money.”

The North Wind Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Geneva on the Lake
The North Wind Motel
Carlisle
“Atrocious waste of money.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2009

When we first arrived at the North Wind Motel I was not expecting anything fancy, but I was not expecting to see what an atrocity that I did see. My fiancé and I's room smelled musty and nasty like a really old house that had't been lived in for years. Our towels had black markings on them and the bed was as hard as the sidewalk. In my fiancé 's father's room there were cobwebs, black hairs all through the bed and the sheets, plus there were no clean towels in his room either. It was just disgusting and we would have done better sleeping outside than in that room. Also, since we went in the middle of August it was extremely hot, so we tried to use the air conditioner. The least to say about that was the air conditioner felt like it was doing nothing expect filtering dust and allergens around the room. It was just a really bad experience for my first time ever visiting Geneva-on-the-Lake. I would most definately recommend ANY OTHER hotel or motel to those who want to stay at Geneva-on-the-Lake. Stay as far away from this motel as possible, it was gross.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank katielw09

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Akron, OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2008

You're better off staying at the "Bates Motel". When you pay $80.00 you don't expect a lot but this room was awful.
First thing we saw as we walked in was the chair that had two big chunks taken out of it. The over all room was very small. As we sat down to figure out which wineries to go to the curtain rod fell off the window. I had to rig it to get it to stay up. To turn on the air conditioner I had to stand on the bed. When I got closer to it I could see the filter had not been cleaned in years. After spending the night in the room my allergies confirmed it. When my finance went to take a shower we noticed the stained towels that had Motel written on them in sharpie marker. Then she noticed the soap wrpeer in the shower and the hair in the shower from the previous occupants. The cable tv was fuzzy the whole night. You couldn't even make out the picture when sitting in the bed.
Like I said, I don't expect a lot from an $80.00 a night room but this was ridiculious. You're better off staying at the Pool Side Motel across the street. At least it had a pool.

• Liked — Room hqad a mini fridge
  • Disliked — dirty room
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jross2083
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva on the Lake
Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula
#1 of 2 in Geneva
The Lakehouse Inn
The Lakehouse Inn
#1 of 3 in Geneva on the Lake

Been to The North Wind Motel? Share your experiences!