“I think I stepped into the 70's”
Review of Sands Beach Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Geneva on the Lake
Sands Beach Motel
Polk, Ohio
“I think I stepped into the 70's”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Would NEVER RECOMMAND to anyone!!!!!! Not even the dog!!!! The rooms are out of date and I think they furnished it from a thirft store or Good Will. It had a very musty odor to it and the beds we're terrible to sleep on ,if you could sleep at all. The pool outside our cottage wasn't very clean either.

Room Tip: Stay closer to water, at least the view would be better and maybe smell better too.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sebring, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Rooms were okay. Clean, smelled good. Carpeting stained but expected
Bathroom. clean,
Sheets. Clean, smelled good
Comfort of bed - felt hard when you sat down, but surprising we slept very good.
Excellent view, and we parked and walked to everything.
Will stay here again soon!!
Food was awesome next door!!
Best part of our experience was the staff. From the moment we pulled up, the staff was friendly, and helpful. Nicest people you'll every meet.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bonnie M
Buckhannon, West Virginia
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Rooms were dirty. We weren't able to open the windows. I have nothing against motorcycles, but, they were parked outside our door at all times..Blankets looked like the weren't washed for 15 years, falling apart. No service. Had to ask for towels, only to find the office person drinking with some bikers. I could go on and on...The room reminded me of the movie vacancy..

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tracy b
Indianapolis
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Was barely worth staying...but we did. The sheets were clean and the bathroom was passable. The location, easy walk to lots of restaurants and entertainment, and the view with the sound of the surf were the ONLY redeeming features.

Room Tip: ask to look at the room first. Bring your own pillows and cup/glass for water.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank marcydeee
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I paid $85 for a one bedroom. After I booked I looked up reviews that I was upset to see, were all bad. I was super nervous when I opened the door but was pleasantly surprised to see it really wasn't that bad. The bathroom was super tidy. The carpet was a little staind with some cig burns but looked vacuumed. The comforter had some weird stuff (looked like dryed puke that didn't wash out) on it so we took it off and used our own blanket. The view of the lake was great n it had beach access. There was no a/c in our room but we left the window open while we went out n by the time we got back it cooled down so we were comfortable. The owners were friendly. We were loud at night n no one yelled at us to keep it down. We rented a single room n there were 5 of us, we brought a blow up bed that fit comfortably. I wish there was a table n chairs. But all in all I would def stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank DinaBaby2006
Austintown, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Do not even think about staying here! We left in the middle of the night could not take it! PRISON CELLS ARE CLEANER. There was dry blood on the the bedding Ugh!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Dean C
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We had reserved a condo at Sands Beach Resort for a week starting June 15, 2012. We got there and could not stay. The condo was horrible. The furniture was filthly and stained as well as the carpet. It looked the place hadn't been painted since it was built. The pictures portray a nice place, but it looks nothing like the pictures. I had read the bad reviews and called, but was reassured that the condos had been renovated within the last 2 years and had new beds, etc. Well, they lied - the beds were no where close to being new and were horrible when we tried them out. We did not get our $100 deposit back, so warning to anyone else looking to rent at Sands Beach Resort - make sure that you look at it in person before sending a deposit. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. The pictures you see online must be from when the place was much newer and in decent shape because it certaining does not look like that now (inside or out).

Room Tip: Avoid this place
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Fun0neWV
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva on the Lake
Sleep Inn & Suites Ashtabula
#1 of 3 in Geneva on the Lake
Motel 6 Geneva
Motel 6 Geneva
#1 of 2 in Geneva

Been to Sands Beach Motel? Share your experiences!