“delicious wines”

Old Firehouse Winery
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: An eclectic winery and restaurant on the famous entertainment strip in Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio's first Summer Resort. Located with a view of Lake Erie, the large, meandering patio provides the setting for nightly summer entertainment. Lots of special events and kid friendly. Full bar service in summer at the "Sunset Bar".
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“delicious wines”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We loved the atmosphere that the old firehouse winery provided. We did the sampler flight of sweet wines and loved it. At $9 for the ten samples and a complimentary souvenir glass we thought that it was a fantastic value. Next time we plan to have lunch because everything that floated by us looked fantastic. Definitely worth stopping in.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank penguinsfan14

Toledo, Ohio, United States
“should be better than it is”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Firehouse Winery is positioned perfectly; along the lake, in an expired resort town kept to life with people looking for a fun day or weekend getaway. The property is ideal for hanging out with friends, but the food and service left much to be desired.
I would not be likely to recommend this place.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank walkalittle
Edinboro, Pennsylvania
“Horrible!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Where should I begin? I'll start with the service, which was atrocious. We were supposed to have Tori as our waitress. After 20 minutes of waiting, she still didn't come over to even take our drink order. We asked another server Chris about it, and he said he would ask her, then returned to tell us she'd be right over. Another 15 minutes later, she still hadn't even acknowledge us, so Chris took our order. He was the only great thing about the restaurant! I watched the table next to us ask Tori who their server was supposed to be, after they waited for 20+ minutes and instead of coming over, she yelled across the patio area at them, and they had to yell their order over to her! She has no business in any type of service industry. She had one of the worst attitudes I have ever seen, and I teach high school students!

Their food was just as bad, if not worse than Tori's service. I ordered the Caesar Salmon wrap and the salmon came out raw and ice cold! Someone in my party ordered a Grilled Chicken salad, and the chicken was also ice cold. The Jalepeño burger was a pre-formed patty that had absolutely zero flavor.

We also sat right next to the outdoor kitchen, so we could see a lot of what was going on in terms of preparation. Oh my. I'm not sure how this place is even still in business with how dysfunctional it is. No one seemed to know what they were doing.

Here's a final tip. Their wines are more expensive to drink at the winery than to take with you. While I realize that this is a common restaurant practice, this is a winery that sells its own wine and it was the only winery that I went to that day that charged more to consume their wine there! I guess they don't want people sticking around to consume their horrible food. They pretty much are doing everything in their power to drive business away!

• Visited June 2014
9 Thank KNR1001
Salem, Ohio
“Relaxing, great wine!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Although we did not eat here this time, we enjoyed a bottle of wine together. Got the Pink Catawba and my Mom and I finished the bottle ourselves! We sat on a picnic table next to the water and enjoyed our wine. We love visiting this place every time we come to Geneva. If you visit this area, this place is worth coming to. During the summer months they have entertainment too.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Christa H
Canfield, Ohio
“Horrible food filthy kitchen”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The food is horrible our chicken sandwich came out undercooked and pink on the inside and it took over two hours to get our food today. Nothing is made fresh here everything is cooked from frozen. It is not worth the money. The biker bars along the strip have much better food

2 Thank bob w