“Farm to Table”
Review of Crosswinds Grille

Crosswinds Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Crosswinds Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Grill, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Specializing in wood-fired farm to table cuisine. Our chefs work closely with local farmers to create seasonal menus featuring the freshest ingredients available.Whether it is a birthday or anniversary celebration or a romantic dinner for two, Crosswinds Grille is the perfect setting! Stop by and enjoy a delicious meal along with fine wines and a spectacular view of Lake Erie!
“Farm to Table”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

As a small farm owner and producer of lamb and eggs, I would like to say the quality of food and direction you are takin is greatly appreciated. The menu had healthy ingredients available. Would like to see a few more options available such as chicken, turkey, or lamb sausage and bacon for breakfast entries. Also, a few more sides for dietary substitutions would be greatly appreciated.

Visited July 2014

“Horrible meal.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Looked so forward to fried lake Erie perch dinner. What a joke. The fish was undercooked to the point the batter was barely fried. Some of it was still slimy. Every bite was a mouthful of tiny bones. Totally inedible. Cant believe they couldnt filet better than that! Additionly, the bread served had such a hard crust that we couldn't even chew it. It was like rawhide you give your dog to knaw on. After complaining, management did take this "meal" off the bill, but I left hungry after only eating a small salad and the French fries. I don't normally complain about any meal, but this was really bad. I've actually had better fish at long john silvers.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Ray M
Cheryl-LakehouseInn, Manager at Crosswinds Grille, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Ray,
I was so surprised to see this review as your dinner was the topic of discussion with the front of the house manager the following morning as she was very concerned about you because she said that when she offered you another perch dinner that you declined and then she also offered to let you choose anything off the menu and you still declined. She said that she conveyed to you her concern that you were going to leave hungry too and yet you still didn’t want anything else. I’m not sure if you were concerned about your wife waiting as she had already finished her perch dinner, but I want to assure you that even though I am not sure what happened to your dinner, we are definitely checking with the kitchen on what occurred to keep this from happening again. I wish that you had allowed Amber to replace your meal as I am sure you would have found something that you would have greatly enjoyed. Please accept our apology as we truly strive to give all of our guests a wonderful meal and a special evening out. I hope you will give us a second chance to not just have you leave full and satisfied but actually raving about your dinner and experience.
“Excellent meals, beautiful setting, good service”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant several times over the past year with family and friends. The menu changes with the season as the Chef tries to ensure fresh local produce is used for the meaks. Each time my meal has been prepared perfectly, the service has been very good, and the atmosphere has been pleasant. Often the owner will stop by to say hello and check to be sure we enjoyed the meal.

This is in my opinion one of the nicer restaurants in Ashtabula County. It is a bit expensive for the are but the quality and presentation of the food, and the beautiful lake-side setting makes it well worth the price you pay for the quality food and fine atmosphere. I recommend Crosswinds if you enjoy fine dining.

Youngstown, Ohio
“Celebrating a birthday”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our experience was outstanding. The setting is beautiful. We began with a glass of wine on the deck overlooking Lake Erie. We were able to take our bottle of wine into the restaurant for our dinner.
Our waitress, Brittany, was delightful.
The food was excellent. My husband's steak was as predicted in a "farm to table" restaurant that promotes freshness and wholesomeness. My crab cakes were delicious and full of big chunks of crab. The vegetables were also an added bonus.
Just a delightful experience over all. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. But, be sure to make a reservation. Especially in summer months.

• Visited June 2014
Toledo, Ohio, United States
“Beautiful scenery and delicious food”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Crosswinds Grille at the Lakeside Inn is definitely the gem of Geneva on the Lake, OH. Having never been to this area before, we were quite surprised at the step back in time feel of this once thriving resort town. Crosswinds was everything we were hoping to find and more. We went early in the day for wine sampling, and at the urging of the bartender and Su Chef, made reservations to come back later in the day for dinner. We were not disappointed. The atmosphere in the restaurant was so relaxing, the food was delicious, and the property was so well kept. It was all topped off with a beautiful sunset on the lake, of which we had the perfect view. I've never been impressed with any experiences along Lake Erie, until now.

• Visited June 2014