“Very nice relaxing Spa”

The Spa at The Lakehouse Inn
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spa at The Lakehouse Inn offers a relaxing resort-like environment that allows you to step away from your hectic life. From massages to facials to pedicures, our spa offers an experience that will leave you feeling renewed and rejuvenated!
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I go for massage with Susan weekly and she is very very good. I have been getting massage for 30 years and have had them in several countries.The front staff is always very friendly. I like that it's quite the rooms are nice and am very happy I found this place.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My two friends and I had a wonderful experience at the Spa at the Lakehouse Inn. I had a massage and my friends had facials. We were very pleased with our experience. The spa was one of the cleanest we have ever seen. The receptionist was so kind and helpful when we were trying to decide on what services to have. We were very pleased with our choices and the employees were great. Thank you for a wonderful addition to a great getaway weekend!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is a beautiful Spa. Very contemporary and the staff was very friendly. Keurig coffee machine in lobby with electronic flat screen fire simulation on the wall. Had a coupon to get a discounted 60 minute massage, and it was perfect! Correct pressure and tables and rooms were well maintained. Hot towels were a nice surprise addition.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is a review for the Spa at the Lakehouse Inn. I got married in this town a month ago. People ask me, of I could change one thing about my wedding, what would it be? I tell them I would NOT go to this spa to get my nails done!!!

I went to the spa the say before my wedding with my bridesmaids. We all had manicures and pedicures done here. This is the worst and most overpriced place to get your nails done!!! All of our pedicures came off that same day. I paid $90, which is incredibly expensive, for something that I could have done myself for $10, and it would've lasted longer. It must have been the poor quality of the nail polish, because it happened to all of us, so it's not the girls who work there who did a bad job.

The day if my wedding, all my bridesmaids went back for their hair appointments, I could not go because I had a friend do my hair. The girls who work there saw what happened to their toes, and redid them for free. This was my wedding day, I didn't have time to go complain, and I'm not the type of person to let my toe nail polish ruin my big day. So I waited a week, sent an email to complain, and heard no response. They never offered a refund or discount, never even wrote me back.

I went here because it's really the only place in town, and I didn't mind spending the money on something like this for my wedding day. But the quality is so bad, I'd recommend driving somewhere a little further away for a manicure or pedicure, especially for the brides out there.

4  Thank Hollydegraw
Andrea B, Manager at The Spa at The Lakehouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

I found your review on Yelp about a week ago and double checked my e-mail to find that indeed, I had not responded and immediately sent you an e-mail to apologize that I missed it and I also responded last week to the review on Yelp as well. I would like to publicly apologize for missing your e-mail again.

Secondly, since I read your account on Yelp, I did go and find the e-mail that I missed and then did some research and checked with the technicians that took care of your party. Both of them assured us that they did not redo your entourage's nails again on the second day. One of the ladies informed a technician that she was concerned about her toe nails because she said they usually chip and the technician offered to put on a gel top coat to help keep the chipping to a minimum and did so at no charge of course.

I am very surprised that you had any issues at all as we use a top of the line polish for our manicures and pedicures - OPI and typically our guests are happy with the results. I wish you had come back in when you noticed an issue as the technicians would have been happy to take care of your nails. As to your bill, I'm sorry if you don't have a copy to see the breakdown, but I wanted to assure you that you did not pay $90 for a manicure. The total was $104.41 which was $39 for the manicure, $5 for the French tip, the pedicure was $39 as well and then a gratuity of $16 and of course tax was in there. I just wanted to reassure you that we don't charge $90 for a manicure.

Again, my apologies for not getting back to you and I wanted you to know that none of the ladies that came in the next day had to have their nails redone, which I'm sure is a relief to hear. I'm not sure what happened with your nails and I wish we had the opportunity to have assisted you. I'm glad you had a wonderful wedding and wish you many happy years together.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

My girlfriends and I went to the Spa at the Lakehouse Inn for a second year in a row during an annual getaway to the lake. The staff was very friendly and I had the best massage ever in over 10 years! The Spa atmosphere is well decorated and calming just as a spa should be. The staff were very accommodating to add in a toe polish change for me despite their busy schedule. I believe their prices to be comparable to receiving spa services while vacationing but slightly higher than I am used to paying. All in all it was worth it and we will be back!