I really have a very mixed review- it was the best in some ways and not so good in others.
First off- The Lodge is the "crown jewel" of the Ohio State Park system- but it is still a State Park. Example - It looks like a resort. When we asked about "room service " they saidYES- you can get "carryout "from the bar. That sort of thing.
Our room was lovely- and overlooked the lake and we had quiet neighbors. The maid service was overwhelmed and we had trouble daily getting our room serviced- eventually we just stopped the maid and got towels exchanged. The restaurant was good as far as our meals were concerned- we did not have any problems. Outside of sandwiches the food IS expensive there. There is a smal gift shop.
There really is no where else to go to eat anything nearby except pizza and soft serve ice cream in Geneva on the Lake. GOL looks like an amusement park midway-.it you want your 8 year old decked out in motorcycle gear and a
tattoo this IS the place for you to shop as that is what most of the shops cater to." The Biker dudes and babes". There is one "amusement- miniature golf" place down the street and and indoor and outdoor pools at the Lodge that is IT for kids. There really isn't anything there for families. A marina is nearby and the beach is a long long walk beyond that- there is no beach at the lodge.
There are bikes for rent .
We did the local wineries-which is great if you are a grown up.
There were 2 weddings while we were there which is the Lodge's biggest draw. It would be a lovely place to get married.
It is a great place for a memorable weekend with your honey.. leave the kinder at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the midst of Ohio's wine country, on the shores of Lake Erie; The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake offers a beautiful setting for tasteful getaways. The Lodge features a variety of packages and seasonal rates for all travel needs, from seasonal specials and Bed & Breakfast getaways for fun filled family vacations to the Wine Country package and Two Night Wine Excursion package for romantic escapes. You can even find green friendly meeting options! With a multitude of amenities including indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, Horizons Restaurant & Lounge with outdoor seating, meeting facilities for large events and on site activities including a wine shuttle to nearby wineries, bike rentals and massage services; The Lodge offers the perfect escape in Northeast Ohio. Local attractions include 20+ wineries, 17 covered bridges and Geneva-on-the-Lake's nostalgic entertainment strip as well as Geneva State Park's beach, marina and hiking trails for outdoor adventure. Visit The Lodge today for your great Ohio getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Hotel Geneva On The Lake
- Hotel At Geneva State Park
- At Geneva State Park Hotel
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Geneva On The Lake, Ohio