Going mid-week, off season is becoming a yearly tradition. If you're looking for a quiet get-away and/or are interested in wineries, this area will not disappoint! First, the lodge was clean, cozy and quiet--it almost felt like we had our own private lodge. The front desk person said Mondays-Thursdays off season are really, really slow.
Our room was clean and reasonably priced (again, an off season advantage)--nothing fancy. We were pleasantly surprised this visit to find a Kuerig 1-cup coffee maker--with enough coffee to at least get us going in the morning. We also appreciated the added touch of Bath and Body Works soaps.
The weather was unseasonably warm this trip, so we were able to do quite a bit of walking outside -- nice trail near the hotel, plus walking into town was fun, too (too bad not much on the strip was open!).
That said, there are so many wineries open this time of year that we couldn't visit them all (I think we got in 9 or 10). What's great is there's no waiting and you can talk with the winery staff about the wines! Many also serve food (from cheese plates to full meals), which is nice--especially when a mid-day glass of wine and cheese/warm bread sounds good.
Another nice trip--we've already decided we'll be back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the midst of Ohio's wine country, on the shores of Lake Erie; The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake offers a beautiful setting for tasteful getaways. The Lodge features a variety of packages and seasonal rates for all travel needs, from seasonal specials and Bed & Breakfast getaways for fun filled family vacations to the Wine Country package and Two Night Wine Excursion package for romantic escapes. You can even find green friendly meeting options! With a multitude of amenities including indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, Horizons Restaurant & Lounge with outdoor seating, meeting facilities for large events and on site activities including a wine shuttle to nearby wineries, bike rentals and massage services; The Lodge offers the perfect escape in Northeast Ohio. Local attractions include 20+ wineries, 17 covered bridges and Geneva-on-the-Lake's nostalgic entertainment strip as well as Geneva State Park's beach, marina and hiking trails for outdoor adventure. Visit The Lodge today for your great Ohio getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Hotel Geneva On The Lake
- Hotel At Geneva State Park
- At Geneva State Park Hotel
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Geneva On The Lake, Ohio