Spent a relatively short weekend at the Lodge with some friends for a wine-tasting excursion evening --- which was a lot of fun itself.
We had asked to all be on the same floor when making reservations and were told that it would be done ... found out we were on different floors at check-in but the desk staff jumped through a number of hoops and got us moved so that we were all nearby ... with smiles on their faces the whole time ... very courteous and professional while helping us out.
Sunday brunch was a little strange, as all six of us ordered omelets ... not sure what happened but we had to ask someone to check on our order after almost thirty minutes ... they told us we'd get our food any minute ... asked three more times over the next fifteen minutes, and then the food finally arrived ... the manager (wish I remembered her name) stopped by and told us that she was taking care of our check, which was some great customer service and much appreciated ... I would have thought that at the half-hour mark they might have just sent us up to the Buffet (where the omelet chef was standing idle for almost our entire wait), but her solution was certainly satisfactory ... in any event, I'd be pretty cautious about breakfast plans if you have a tight schedule.
All in all, a very nice stay. Decent rooms, great hotel service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the midst of Ohio's wine country, on the shores of Lake Erie; The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake offers a beautiful setting for tasteful getaways. The Lodge features a variety of packages and seasonal rates for all travel needs, from seasonal specials and Bed & Breakfast getaways for fun filled family vacations to the Wine Country package and Two Night Wine Excursion package for romantic escapes. You can even find green friendly meeting options! With a multitude of amenities including indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, Horizons Restaurant & Lounge with outdoor seating, meeting facilities for large events and on site activities including a wine shuttle to nearby wineries, bike rentals and massage services; The Lodge offers the perfect escape in Northeast Ohio. Local attractions include 20+ wineries, 17 covered bridges and Geneva-on-the-Lake's nostalgic entertainment strip as well as Geneva State Park's beach, marina and hiking trails for outdoor adventure. Visit The Lodge today for your great Ohio getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Hotel Geneva On The Lake
- Hotel At Geneva State Park
- At Geneva State Park Hotel
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Geneva On The Lake, Ohio