The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake
US$68
US$98
US$160
Hampton.com
Sands Beach Motel(Geneva on the Lake)
1,421 results
All reviewswine shuttlewine tourlocal wineriesstate parkwine countryindoor and outdoor poolshorizons restaurantfamily roomwalking trailsfire pitgreat weekendbreakfast buffetgreat view of the lakegirls weekendthe cottageshot tubshuttle service
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Wow, this place is great. The rooms are very nice, clean, open. The building is welcoming with plenty of room in the lobby for sitting and eating. The lay out of the building is easy to get around and the outside in the back is the best. The sunset view you can watch is amazing. Very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gingerriss
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I and our daughter recently stayed at Geneva Lodge during a weekend of volleyball at Spire Institute. Originally we had a problem with our reservation but Daisy Hall ( marketing director ) made worked diligently to correct the mistake. When we arrived at our room there was a beautiful meat and cheese tray, chocolate covered strawberries , fruits and various chocolate covered treats. We stayed in the family suite, which has 2 double beds and a set of bunk beds. We also had beautiful lake views. I would highly recommend this hotel. It's gorgeous with Great Lake views. We will be returning. A very special Thank You to Daisy Hall !!!!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Paula B
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stay here fairly regularly (once or twice a year). The Lodge is very pretty - they completely updated the dining room two years ago and it has a gorgeous fireplace now. The bar area is a bit larger now. They have a selection of local Ohio wines.
The rooms are clean and large. I do wish they all had refrigerators and microwaves. There is enough space to put in a little unit, but only the suites have them. I also wish they would have queen beds, but the standard rooms are all just doubles. Again the rooms are large enough to accomodate it.
The staff is friendly. Our room deal included breakfast for two - which was quite a deal as it was good for the buffet. The buffet is very good and has a make to order omlette station. All the food was good and stove hot.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vacation_addict_Ohio
Daisy H, Guest Relations Manager at The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

vacation_addict_Ohio-

I love your profile name! Thank you so very much for your great review. It means so much to all of us here at The Lodge when an honest customer goes on and leaves their feedback.

I wanted to let you in on a little secret... (all of our double beds will bed changed to queen beds by the end of this year)! We are working to replace all of our mattresses to Serta brand mattresses beginning this month and as we do so will be upgrading all of our doubles to queen size beds. As you mentioned there is space and we are excited to offer added comfort to guests this year!

Another great bit of information is our upcoming Lounge refresh coming in 2014. We will be adding in more flat screens for more guests to catch their favorite games (more that 2 at a time) and changing the configuration a bit to make it even more functional for guests as well with added seating.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to serving you again soon at The Lodge and in Horizons Restaurant & Lounge!

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I called on January 24th,2014 to make a reservation for
the weekend of
March 14-15,2014. The girl made my reservation and told me the first nights room rate of $ 216.00 was due (which I paid immediately )the 2nd night would be need to be paid at checkout. I then received an email with only one (1) day reserved. I proceeded to call and speak with a MGR. to alert them of the reservation mistake. The management told me there are NO rooms available and I do not have a room for the second night. I am traveling from hours away and all rooms at area hotels are booked. I am furious that management is unwilling to find a solution to accommodate the original reservation.
***If Geneva Lodge management honors the original reservation for both days I will amend my current poor review. ***

Stayed: January 2014
7  Thank Paula B
Daisy H, Guest Relations Manager at The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Paula-

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so sorry to hear the information from your call with our reservation agent did not transfer over to your confirmation letter.

I have looked into your booking with our Front Desk Manager and have located a room for you for the entire time you booked. I will reach out shortly to ensure it is the room type you prefer.

I know you spoke to our Front Desk Manager as well last weekend who did everything in her power locate a room for you as soon as possible. Thank you for letting us know what happened, for your patience and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Sincerely, Daisy Hall

Reviewed 11 February 2014

My wife and I had a good experience with our overnight. The Lodge staff was extremely friendly upon checking in. The room and Lodge as a whole were clean and up to date. Very spacious room with a nice view of the Lake. Pool area was clean.

We had a sub-par experience at the restaurant in the lodge. It took about 20 minutes to get our drinks after our server finally figured out what they had in stock. The server forgot to check in on us and food came very late. Despite this, our server was very friendly and comp'd some items on the bill. Breakfast buffet was great.

I would recommend this as a nice, relaxing place to stay or take family members.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple