This was our second trip to the Geneva Lodge. My husband surprised me in December with an overnight stay to celebrate my birthday. We loved it so much, we reserved the same room for three nights in July. I checked on our reservation a few days before we left for our trip and even added an extra day. We arrived to check in and were told we could not have the room we reserved. In tears, I walked away and my husband attended to the matter. Well, they did give us the room we requested SEVEN months in advance. All was well. They did apologize and even called the room to make sure we were happy. We had a lovely time just relaxing and enjoying the lake views. Visited a winery and walked around the little boardwalk. We treated ourselves to a dinner at the Horizons restaurant. We had a lovely dinner there in December. The restaurant left a few things to be desired. The food was not nearly as good as in December. I had pasta which was cold. Hubby had the ribs, which he didn't even finish. We did however enjoy the crab cakes. Yummy. For the price..........not worth it. The waite staff was not up to standards for a restaurant with those prices. The hotel staff were nice, but didn't really excede my expectations. They perhaps could be updated on customer service skills.
I would love to visit again, but will call ahead to avoid being upset over the room I request.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the midst of Ohio's wine country, on the shores of Lake Erie; The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake offers a beautiful setting for tasteful getaways. The Lodge features a variety of packages and seasonal rates for all travel needs, from seasonal specials and Bed & Breakfast getaways for fun filled family vacations to the Wine Country package and Two Night Wine Excursion package for romantic escapes. You can even find green friendly meeting options! With a multitude of amenities including indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, Horizons Restaurant & Lounge with outdoor seating, meeting facilities for large events and on site activities including a wine shuttle to nearby wineries, bike rentals and massage services; The Lodge offers the perfect escape in Northeast Ohio. Local attractions include 20+ wineries, 17 covered bridges and Geneva-on-the-Lake's nostalgic entertainment strip as well as Geneva State Park's beach, marina and hiking trails for outdoor adventure. Visit The Lodge today for your great Ohio getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Hotel Geneva On The Lake
- Hotel At Geneva State Park
- At Geneva State Park Hotel
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Geneva On The Lake, Ohio