See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We had a good experience making reservation and checking in. We were put in Unit #4 at the front of the motel facing the road. It was late Sept and the season was winding down. This is a typical older motel with knotty pine walls and sagging beds. The location is great within walking distance to everything in town. The ice machine did not work, wifi signal was poor and we were not able to connect. The worst part was our neighbors in Unit #5. We cannot fault the motel for unruly guests that were up half the night, came in drunk, used foul language and chose to party outside our door until 2:30 AM. We did not, at the time, go out and confront them nor wake the owners in the middle of the night. However since I had emailed about the rates earlier and got a prompt reply, we chose to email the owners the next day. We recd a prompt, courteous reply and were advised that work was being done at the motel and the workers inadvertantly did not plug the ice machine back in.The wifi signal should have been ok as they usually only have trouble with the far back units. Although none of these issues were within managements control we were offered an apology and a complimentary one night stay good for a year. At $100 per night we would say this was more than fair to compensate for a poor experience, more than any chain would offer. Thank you Anchor for stepping up and showing good customer service. If we are in the area again, we will take you up on the offer.

Room tip: Rooms in the back of motel are probably quieter.
Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank goodeye2
44041Anchor, Owner at Anchor Motel and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

We take this and, all guests concerns very seriously. Therefore, as this guest indicated, we are remodelling and have purchased 2 additional lodging facilities directly adjacent to the Anchor that we are TOTALLY remodelling from the ground up. Though we are open for business now, we will be reopening with 43 rooms and cottages in Spring 2013. Through this effort we are hoping that our future guests will have a more positive experience which is our primary goal.
Phil and Cathy King

Reviewed 19 July 2012

The anchor cottage was a great experience for us. The cottage i booked prior to going to geneva not anchor was unfit for me and my family i walked over to anchor and the owner set us up with a cottage he was super friendly and helpful. He directed us to the restaurants and how to get to the beach. Thank you again the management of this establishment!!!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank angielpn
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I just wanted to Thank you for being such wonderful hosts. Our stay at your establishment was nothing less than awesome. You were informative about sites and places to visit. You absolutely catered toward a lot of us 50 year old's that don't wish to participate in the crawl. Your establishment is quiet, yet close to the strip, all within walking distance. Most important thing I would like to say about The ANCHOR MOTEL AND COTTAGES, is clean, clean, clean! We anticipate out next visit.
With sincere thanks to both of you, Cathy and Phil. We really appreciated our vacation. We will definitely see you again...
God Bless.................................................................Robbie and Patti Niemi
Niemi Construction, Cortland OH

Room tip: The cottages are simply perfect.....
Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The Anchor was the perfect motel to book for our trip! My boyfriend and I are in our early 20s and wanted to spend the weekend out on the strip, and the Anchor was literally only a minute walk from the start of the bars. It is perfect walking distance while still being just removed enough for a quiet night's sleep. There's also a small convenience store right across the street. We didn't drive all weekend. The interior was cute and cabin-like with wooden walls, the bed was gigantic, and best of all- everything was very clean. There is no maid service during the stay, but as an adult I can take care of myself, so it wasn't a problem.

Also, the woman who owns the place was SO friendly and welcoming. I was called on my way out there so they could make sure I knew the way, she answered all questions I went to her with over the weekend about local attractions, and best of all, since we checked out on a Sunday, she let us stay as late as we needed since she didn't have any other guests coming in. We were able to enjoy the day out without having to pack up until 5. I would absolutely book it again, very happy with my stay!

Date of stay: June 2012
2  Thank Maria M
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Our disappointment in The Anchor Motel and Cottages is still talked about, My husband and I were hoping for a clean, comfortable place to relax. Good thing I keep the folding canvas chairs in the car. We have been going to Geneva on the Lake for years and always stayed at the Comfort Inn in Austinburg which was very nice at one time. It has been going down hill since the corporation sold it to a private owner, we decided to stay at The Anchor. When we called to see what was available, the motel rooms were, but no cottages. We read reviews and they were all positive so we booked it. HUGE MISTAKE!!!! The room was something from the 1950's. We wanted to stay the night and since the room was $110.00 a night with no refunds we were stuck. The double bed was ancient and the bathroom was smaller than any of our closets. The worst part was there was no maid service what so ever. When we left for the day, we returned to a unmade bed and wet towels. We aren't young, but we aren't dead, so when a group of people in the room next door decided to party till three a.m. we understood. But cranking up the Harleys at 4:00 a.m. was tough to swallow. We stayed the next night since we paid for 3 nights. We dropped our keys off in the morning and took the $110.00 loss which in very poor business practice, the owner did not return, we would have liked to have had half back, DO NOT STAY HERE. (One roll of toilet paper for a 3 day stay)

Room tip: do not stay here
Date of stay: August 2011