Anchor Motel and Cottages
The Lakehouse Inn(Geneva on the Lake)(Great Value!)
US$205
Hotelpower.com
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We just spent two nights at "The Anchor" and it was a step back in time. The folks that run it are nice and the property locale is good (if you like hanging out on the dirty, run-down "strip"), but our room was dark, musty and had a really strange smell. The bathroom was hideous and the shower stall was an after thought. They should really check into tearing down the road front rooms and start over. I guess that overall, this place fits in with the whole area.....dated, run-down and dirty.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MacL240
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The Anchor is the only place my husband and I stay when we go to GOTL. The rooms are always clean. And Phil and Cathy (the owners) are two of the nicest, most hospitable people you will ever meet. Phil works magic with his meat smoker, and Cathy's margaritas are awesome. We've been going to GOTL for about 15 years, and have stayed at most of the motels on the strip. The Anchor is absolutely the best of them all! Jen and Doug Winton, Baden PA

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank dougzjen
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I recently returned from another trip to thr Anchor. The hosts Phil and Kathy make you feel like you are at home with family. There attention to detail from spotlessly clean rooms to making sure you have enough sweetner to your complementary coffee (which is in your room) is the best I have ever experienced and I have travled coast to coast on business. They make you feel like you can not wait to get back. I am looking forward to my trip next week to visit with my friends. If you are going to Geneva on the Lake and you pass up the oppertunity to experiance there hospitality, you are missing out on a great experiance. And last but not least, ther ambassaber of good will, Copper, there dog.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Arthur K
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was looking for a place to stay in Geneva on the Lake that was clean and close to the strip. I found the Anchor Motel and saw that it had just been remodeled. I made my reservation and was pleasently surprised when I checked in. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the rooms were nice and clean. The rooms were a little small. I will definitely be staying here again. Thanks for a nice stay!!!

Room Tip: Rooms did have refrigerator, coffee pot and microwave but no hairdryer.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was desperate for a room in the area when I called the Anchor Motel. My son had qualified for a big swim meet at The Spire Institute in Geneva, and I had 5 days to find a room--in August! I talked to Phil, the owner, and he was able to squeeze us in, although we had to change rooms after the first night. But he promised to call me if there were any cancellations, and, sure enough, 2 days later I got a call from him telling me that he had a better arrangement for my family that would not require us to move. I was so grateful that he followed through on his promise! The rooms are small, but they are clean and in a very good location. I wouldn't have wanted to stay in the middle of the strip with two pre-teens. And I never heard any noise from either the adjacent rooms or outside.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family