The Lakehouse Inn is beautiful in the summer. The decks leading down to the lake are surrounded by meticulous landscaping including plants and plentiful flowers. We had a birthday and wedding here. The parties were very well done- one party had to be moved inside because a storm popped up and the staff did a beautiful job accommodating us. Adrienne and Patty worked the events and they were very nice and worked hard making both events special. The dinners at both events were good and fair priced. The appetizer trays are somewhat skimpy for the price. We had a fruit tray at the one event and they cut strawberries in fourths.
The rooms in the house are very nice but somewhat small. I would not rent the cabins again. They are rather rustic for the price. They have been recently renovated by someone who clearly does amateur work. There is one window air-conditioner so the bedrooms are hot when the doors are shut. There was a big gap around the air-conditioner where bugs can come in.
Work was being done on the exterior of the cabins while we were there so when kids were taking a nap, there was hammering on the outside of the cabin- unacceptable when the cabins are rented out. The shower has a water saving shower head and you get a little more than a mist to rinse your hair. The control is cheap and we had to set it at just the right spot to get the water to stop. When you arrive, there is a little basket of snacks and chocolates as well as coffee in the kitchen of the cabins. These things were not replaced everyday even though you pay the same price every night. I've never stayed anywhere where the bathroom items were not refilled everyday.
Breakfast is in their restaurant. They give you a good big meal. We stayed three days and it would be wise to skip the toast. It came out tasting like stale bread-you could have used it for croutons. Everyone in our group said the same thing about the toast. Their homemade sausage is very good.
Both of my brothers are very involved with wine and chatted with the owner. He was very nice to them and gave my one brother a bottle of wine on the day we left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the southern shore of Lake Erie, The Lakehouse Inn is the perfect location for a relaxing getaway. Enjoy fabulous sunsets, award winning wines, delicious local cuisine and relaxing spa services all in one location. The B&B is also within walking distance of Genenva-on-the-Lake attractions and a short drive from local wineries, covered bridges, the Metroparks biking/hiking trails and Historic Ashtabula Harbor. We are less than an hour from Cleveland and Erie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Lakehouse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lakehouse Hotel Geneva On The Lake
- The Lakehouse Inn Geneva On The Lake, Ohio