“a stealy affair”
Review of Champak Bungalow

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pachmarhi
Champak Bungalow
lucknow
“a stealy affair”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

it has been more than a week we visited the hotel and ours has been absolutely terrible experiance visiting there .we visited the hotel after visiting a friends marriage and we stayed ther for two nights 15th and 16th july. i was carrying some of the jewellary along since i went for the marriage .on 16th when we planned to see the place around and we left the keys with the hotel for room cleaning to the manager and believing that we had locked our luggage well and also that the staff is a govt organisation they will not touch a thing .we came back and presuming our stuff was safe we didnt even cross check our stuff. next morning we left the place early morning and reaching home found the jewellary mising .on contacting back the staff we found they were in denial and brushed aside our allegations.any one who reads this for a review i would request all to avoid the hotel and the thieves out there .

4 Thank aartimooker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I have been to Champak Bungalow in July starting, the place was too good, green and beautiful.
Just a thought have tea or giving milk to our kids changed the whole view. 30 Rs for tea and 60 Rs for a glass of milk and that too without taxes. Milk was 20% water.
Cleaniless is the next thing shocked us, non one was there for cleaning in evening. I had to wipe my own room when a service guy came with shoes in the room.
FOOD - the worst thing. the bowl they used to serve is used for having food in my home and again for that quantity we were paying approx 300 Rs. My own diet is of one and a half bowl. Then I can easily eat 6 tawa chapatis of their kinds which costed 15 Rs each. For 2 Pcs of Gulab Jamun/ one scoop ice cream 80 Rs.
The Menu card was flooded with dishes, but we had to eat same dish everyday as it was raining so could not go outside. The roasted menu was fully missing not even available when orded in well advance.
Till now I have been to many places and I feel if the food is good then it adds stars to our experience.
Champak Bungalow can only be preferred for greenary nearby, thats it otherwise avoid it.

3 Thank Rekha84
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had visited Champak Bunglow in Aug 2012 as well, and that was the reason why I chose Champak Bunglow for the second time around. And this time I was in for a surprise. In Aug 2012, the room I had booked had MAP plan but I got the shock of my life when I got to know that the plan has been changed to EP (Only bed and breakfast). The food menu was not very elaborate, but nothing in the non-veg except for chicken was available on demand. The prices are exorbitantly costly for the servings. Compare this with the meal served on a Shatabdie or Rajdhani - the same meal at Champak Bunglow will cost you around Rs.700 not much difference in quality either. A glass of Milk (200 ml) costs 60+taxes =around Rs.68 per glass. My 3-year old daughter would, on an average, drink 5 such glasses in a day.

Staff is not very hospitable. One thing I liked about them was no matter how bad the food they served you, thay would always ask " Sir, did you enjoy your meal". And, you feel like knocking his head off.

Ok, on the food menu they have Tandoori Roti for Rs. 15 plus taxes which an average adult would eat 3-4, maximum. But for the same price they would serve you wafer thin Tawa Roti. We were a group of 6 and our average Tawa Roti order was about 50 rotis per meal. Average meal price for a family of 6 was 3300-3500 per meal. No alcochol included.

Room service is pathetic. We had to send in several reminder to replace the bath towels. Room attendants would walk into room with dirty shoes and don't even bother to send house keeping to wipe clean the room.

Bitten the second time, shy forever.

I woul only recommend this if you have lots of money but 'eat to live'. If you 'live to eat', not the best place to stay in Pachmarhi.

4 Thank NavinThakur
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Pachmarhi itself is a very beautiful place. best time to travel is Mid June... Champak is a good property. V stayed in tents, it was clean and beautiful (except in rains you find different types of insects in the rooms). the staff is decent, food is yumm and spicy, service is little slow.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ChatzShah
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Sadly, we tried Champak Bungalow after a 4-day stay at Rock-end Manor in Pachmarhi, and we were quite disappointed. Although the hotel has its own huge campus and a very lovely children's park with extremely well-maintained and innovative rides (especially the slide), we did not like the service and the rooms. The slide in the children's park is so colorful and has rods that move and make a sound as you slide down, that my son named it 'Xylophone' slide. The service is just about average, and food made on request is terrible. I ordered okra for dinner for my toddler son, and it was served only half-cooked even after asking them to cook it over one more time. Even the evening snacks we ordered from their menu were quite inedible. The best thing to do while ordering food I guess is to just ask the chef what's the best thing to order. The rooms are very dark and gloomy, especially compared to Rock-end Manor where we had spent the last 4-days before moving in to Champak Bungalow. The lighting is very dim, and there are no ventilators to bring in any natural light. The bathrooms are average. The only thing we loved about Champak Bungalow is the lovely children's park and their gardens. The room stay includes breakfast buffet, all other meals or food requests are charged for. The breakfast buffet is well-cooked and quite nice though. The overall rating of this property is really for its campus and surrounding area, not for the rooms or service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Kolkata, India
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Champak bunglow is surrounded by beautiful mango and champak trees.hotel is having beautiful garden and play area for kids.food is delicious although liittle costly.management should provide some convince(two wheeleror jipsy) if somebody wants to go city/market/garden because hotel is far away from ci
ty.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank amitsahu1974
Reviewed 7 June 2013

What to say about this beautiful place Pachmarhi...? Especially Chamapak Bungalow. The hotel premises welcomes you with lush greenery and the inhouse food is all that you need for your culinary cravings. Had a awesome time, will get back soon at the place of Gods....Pachmarhi.

Room Tip: Tents are for the adventurous ones and rooms are to take you to a historical route.