“My stay in GolfView @ Pachmarhi”
Review of Pachmarhi

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Bangalore
7 helpful votes
“My stay in GolfView @ Pachmarhi”
Reviewed 18 December 2010

We went for our Honeymoon stay during Feb'2010.
This hotel is situated in Pachmarhi and part of Welcome Heritage group. This property is situated little out of the towncentre, and hence we can feel and connect to nature easily.

To reach here there is rail link till Pipariya and there after bus/ taxis are available. Nearest airport is @ Jabalpur/ Bhopal. Shared taxis are as well available, which comes out quite reasonable.

We stayed there for 3days, everyone in the staff around there was very sincere, services were also pretty fast & good.
Food was very good, ambiance was also good.

We had a great stay at Golf View and we are very happy with everything.

IMP: if I remember only BSNL network works in Pachmarhi, so you have to switch off the other operators mobile.

delhi
59 helpful votes
“WONDERRRRFUUUUL!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 23 January 2010

I have been to almost all tourist places in India except North -East and I must say that apart from Kerala,which is beautiful, Pachmaruction is allowed without rhi is the best!While Kerala is for all ages, Go for Pachmarhi if you are young. You will regret it later on. We went to Pachmarhi by road, going from Delhi, via Chitrakoot, Khajurao, Jabalpur and Bhopal.The route from Bhopal to Pachmarhi, the route is beautiful.You see the green Satpura ranges,and the mountains look so beautiful.Pachmarhi is a catonment area and no construction is allowed and thus, if you book in advance, with MPTDC, then you get to live in the cottages of British era,and are they cheap! Pachmarhi has the most beautiful springs and the falls, and they are nowhere like the kempti falls of Mussoorie which seems like a dirty drain before the falls of Pachmarhi, but then you can't reach them just like that.You have to trek down to reach them and the way is beautiful.The trek is not too strenuous and you can walk down easily, and then, you hear the sound of water and all that effort seems worth it. Apart from the various falls,you see beautiful caves, one which is said to be related to the legend of Bhasmasur is worth a visit.We also went to see a bear cave, called "reechch ki gufa" and the cliffs and and the scene around was breathtaking.You also get to see Pandav ki gufa, which actually have been said to be built by Buddhists.And, then there is Andhi Khoh, where you can see bats flying and you can't see the bottom of the valley, hence its name, Andhi Khoh.Then, you also get to see the place where the sun rise can be seen first in India.We missed seeing the Bhimbhetka caves with primitive paintings but we really enjoyed a lot.Don't go if you are not an adventure enthusiast.You have to walk a lot to enjoy the beauty but It's worth it!

Ichalkaranji/Pune
10 helpful votes
“Amazing place for a short tour”
Reviewed 21 January 2010

Pachmarhi is an amazing place to visit especially when we just need a break from our daily routine and wanna spend sometime in peace and around nature...
pachmarhi is place in Madhya Pradesh near Chindwara... It is around 275 kms from Nagpur. My family and I go almost every 8 months to pachmarhi. It has got some amazing temples of Shankar Bhagwan which are absolutely splendid.. it has around 65 water falls which are breathtaking.... for those people who are adventurous and who love to experiment, pachmarhi is the right place to visit.
temples like jata Shankar, Gupt Mahadev, Chaura Gadh are worth a go. Especially in the months of august and september pachmarhi is worth a visit......

2 Thank RaviAwade
Bandhavgarh National Park, India
22 helpful votes
“My favorite place for Plants and Butterflies in Central India”
Reviewed 24 November 2009

Recently I spent three days in Pachmarhi looking for plants and Butterflies. It was cold so I couldnot see many butterflies.
Pachmarhi has become very crowded place. There is hardly any space left for pedestrians in the town. Jeeps and cars are parked everywhere. Hotels do not have their own parking space so vehicles are parked on streets.
Two things I noticed in Pachmarhi this time for which I would lke to warn Tourists.
Rhesus Macaque: These monkey's has become very agressive.
They chased me at Mahadev for my camera. They thought it was some food item. I would have lost my camera to them if locals would not have chased the monkey. So be careful.
Second thing I notice is the signboard put up by Hotel Assosiation Pachmarhi warning tourists not to allow any Driver, guide or local man to help you in finding the hotel room. Association says these are all commission agents and this hikes the tariff.
Although the board is in hindi but I would like to put it here for general tourist.

1 Thank satyendra t
sonepat (haryana)
“ma vacations in pachmari”
Reviewed 25 November 2008

dear frnds....
ma trip to pach mari ws ausome..
open green fields,perfect cottages,all time dust less stormy wind, zero pollution and all d seinic beauty....it is a calm and cool place as it is nt discovered by many.....bst time is during summer vacation or winter vacations.....!!
bst place to visit is sun point and bee fall....!!

hope u will enjoy.......

ashutosh

Been to Pachmarhi? Share your experiences!