“Simply great.”
other travellers have booked this property
Sha Ri Loum - View from the road
A view of the house from the front The spiral staircase that connects the floors
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Sha Ri Loum - View from the road
A view of the house from the front
The spiral staircase that connects the floors
The balcony outside the Pine Room which offers a beautiful view of the green surroundings
The Bamboo Room which has a 4-poster bamboo bed
The modern bathroom attached to the Areca Room
The modern bathroom attached to the Orchid Room
View of the pine trees from the spiral staircase.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
rai r
“Simply great.”
Reviewed 9 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

This is a very beautiful place located away from the crowded area police bazar. The interiors are very beautiful and Farida has put her life into the property. The staff is very good and Cooperative and particularly Farida is very good at hosting people. All my 3 days were very good. This place enhanced my mood. I'm from hospitality industry and I suggest this place.

Farida, whenever I come to shillong please put one room for me .

17 Apr 2017
Thank you so much Rahul, for taking your time out and writing us this beautiful review. We always do our best to make our guests feel at home and we would like to welcome them again whenever they visit Shillong. So Rahul, we would love to see you again for sure.
anupamahr...
Bengaluru, India
“First Class stay”
Reviewed 30 March 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We had a great time staying there. Special care was given for us regarding food, transport, guidance.
Thank you Madam, from all of us.

Dear Anupama,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write us this wonderful review. It's great to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again. All the best and hope to see you soon!

Warm regards
Farida,
Rashmi K
“Complete mismanagement”
Reviewed 30 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

Recently I stayed at this homestay called Sha Ri Loum with my family and following are the issues we faced:
1) The villa had been doubled booked and the alloted bedroom named 'Areca' was being used by bollywood crew members extensively. The shooting articles and equipments were dumped in Areca room.The washrooms were extensively used. While I got the clutter cleared and was getting freshen up, one of the shooting crew members entered my room without even knocking the door and blatantly used the washroom. The owner says that the bedrooms were available, then is this what a lady guest shall expect?an unknown male member blatantly entering my bedroom and using toilets? If yes, then the owner needs to attend etiquette and mannerisms from hospitality institutes.
2) The Areca room did not have the following-
   A. Dustbin
   B. Toilet rolls
   C. Hand-wash
   D. Steamer and glasses were filthy with thick layer of dust
    F. No coffee powder
After requesting all the above items, the helper said we provide these only after guest arrives. Even after 2 hours of arrival it was not provided as the helpers were busy helping shooting crew members
3) There are 4 options provided for breakfast but we were only served tasteless watery egg bhurji, we were expected to toast the bread with a non-working toaster. NO CORNFLAKES were provided and my children kept asking for it.
When we requested for parathas to be prepared next day(as we do not eat nonveg on Saturday for religious reasons) , the Cook and manager said there are not enough ingredients. I m still wondering why the menu card is prepared if only egg has to be served on every single day. The market is just 5 mins away from the villa and we informed the Cook 15 hrs in advance.
4) We were paying the charges for the entire villa but we were expected to be contented with the used up dirty bedrooms on arrival.  We could not use the living area, the dining area (dog poop all around) and the garden as 50+ crew members and shooting equipments had occupied all the areas.
5) The usual check in time is 12pm , even after arriving in the evening, travelling all the way from maharastra to meghalaya we had to wait for dinner until 11pm and people all around us. The children slept off eating chips.
6) After escalating all the issues, the owner asked us to pay all the money on the second day and disagreed to serve dinner until the bill is cleared. To any layman's knowledge the bill payments are cleared during check out and when we requested for the same they refused to serve food and asked us to checkout next morning.  How awfully can guests be treated can be learnt from the owner. Such a inhuman treated to 3 and 7 year old children???? The children ate biscuits and slept.
7) After denying serving us parathas we cooked the breakfast ourselves from our own leftover rice for previous night packed dinner. To our surprise the kitchen had unopened cornflakes and coffee powder for which the manager and helper kept saying unavailable.
    These are just few of many problems
we have faced. Vacations are meant to chill out and relax but unfortunately we were stressed out with new issues and discussions all 3 days.
Thanks to TripAdvisor portal which gives an opportunity to customers to provide feedback which guides others to book only at genuine places.

Dear Rashmi, Ritu Gupta, Aveg K and Shalabh Rastogi,

Thank you for taking your time out to write us a review. We always appreciate your feedback, whether good or bad, as that helps us improve. It is very unfortunate that you did not have a good experience during your stay. We always try our best to make our guests comfortable and try to take care of their every need. In this regard I would like to address each of your complains one by one.

1. First of all I would like to clarify that I am not a cheat. You had booked our cottage 3 months ahead by paying only 7% of the total room rent and we had accepted your booking. We had even given you a 10% discount. I did not double book your rooms. All four rooms were ready for you when you checked in. We had allowed a film shoot to take place at our cottage because it was a film based on Meghalaya and our cottage suited their requirement of a typical modern Khasi home. It was not done for money. The Govt. of Meghalaya had approved the shooting of this movie anywhere in Shillong and it was an honour for us to be a part of this movie. The Producer of the movie had personally apologized to you for the delay in vacating our premises. They had promised to pack up and leave before your arrival. Unfortunately their shoot took longer than expected and that caused the delay. After you checked in they immediately started packing up. Your bedrooms were ready and I had requested you to allow the movie crew some time to pack up and leave.

2. Dinner was prepared and ready to be served on time. The housekeeping staff had to clean the floors with Dettol as per your request and this was the reason for the delay in serving dinner.

3. The film shoot was not supposed to happen in our cottage during your stay. They were coming to complete the shoot after you checked out and they had already booked the entire house for that. I think you were wrong to assume that the house was double booked. You had access to the entire house, including the dining room, living room and the garden area during your stay. There was no other guest in the property.

4. Regarding the food, our cook has been with us since the time we opened up our home to travelers. We have always had good response when it comes to the food serve at our place. It may happen that the style of cooking here in the North East is different from your style of cooking.

5. Regarding breakfast, we did serve you parathas too. On the first day we served bread and omelette along with butter, jam and we also had corn flakes and milk on the table. The second day we served parathas. On the third and last day you were checking out early so we had no other option but to offer you bread and omlette again. Preparing anything else would have delayed your departure. We don't usually serve breakfast before 7 am. Our breakfast timings are from 7am to 10am.

6. We have clearly mentioned in our listing that TVs are available only in the 2 rooms upstairs. We did not mention TVs in the rooms downstairs.

7. As far as I know, our toaster (Morphy Richards make) is working normally. It might have been a little slow due to the fluctuating voltage, which is common in Shillong. That same toaster is still being used by our guests after you left and we have not had any complains.

8. Regarding hot water, we have installed electric geysers in all the four bathrooms. We also have a Solar Water Heater installed as a standby to ensure a steady flow of hot water even if there was a power cut. Water in Shillong gets very cold in winter and so it takes a little longer for the water to get hot. We request our guests to be a little patient and cooperate with us in this regard. We can't defy nature.

On the first day itself I had requested you to shift to another place if you found our services so bad and not up to your expectation. I had even offered to waive off any cancellation fee since you had not made any payment when you checked in. I was willing to forego the 3 days that you had booked our property. I had told you that I wanted you to enjoy your holiday in Shillong and wanted you to stay in a comfortable place. But you were not willing to leave. I had waived off Rs. 3500/- to compensate for the inconvenience caused to you. We tried our best and my staff went out of their way to make your stay comfortable. If you found our place so bad I'm wondering why you did not leave after the first night itself. Why did you stay on for three days?

Farida Nongkynrih
Shiva K
“Awesome Stay”
Reviewed 29 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

A very nice place to stay. Timely and tasty food.!! The help and treatment of the management is really nice.. overall had a great time staying there..!

31 Mar 2017
Thank you so much Shiva for taking your time out to write us this wonderful review. It was our pleasure to have you and your family stay with us. We look forward to welcome you again.

luvupapa
Mumbai, India
“"Home Away From Home - Serene Location & Gorgeous Property"”
Reviewed 27 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

Travellers normally finalize a location and then search for properties to stay but it was opposite in my case. I came across this property online and then decided to visit Shillong and planned my itinerary. The real property was by far more beautiful than the online photographs. We were a family of 10 adults and 2 kids to celebrate my father’s 60th birthday and I am sure there couldn’t have been a better birthday gift for him. We rented the whole property (all 4 rooms) for 3 days/2 nights starting 12th March and each room has a beauty of its own. The rooms are squeaky clean and bathrooms are huge with hot water throughout. The living room is the best place in the house where all the family members can sit around the fireplace in the evening and sit coffee/eat hot pakoras in the cold Shillong weather.

Before you check-in, a call with the owner of the house, Farida provides you the first impression of what you can expect at her gorgeous abode. She is the most humble lady who was extremely flexible and was willing to go to lengths to ensure that our stay was a memorable one. Her team of house boys and a cook are extremely supportive. The only regret I have is that I didn’t plan the trip for another couple of days in Shillong.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
28 Mar 2017
Thank you so much Nitin, for taking your time out to write this most generous and encouraging review. It was a pleasure hosting you and your family at Sha Ri Loum. I'm so glad you chose our place to celebrate your Dad's Birthady and happy that you could spend quality time with you family in our Living Room around the fireplace.
We look forward to seeing you again soon - maybe for your Birthday this time! Take care.
Farida Nongkynrih,
BabuV52
“Highly recommend, we call it our second home.”
Reviewed 27 March 2017 for a stay in December 2016

we were a large family of 10 members, including children aged 8 to parents who were in their 70's, who booked the whole Sha Ri Loum homestay in Shillong. It had an excellent record for cleanliness, hospitability. The homestay is tucked away from the chaos of the city, yet easily accessible to all amenities. The host & their team where real caring, be it food, guidance, knowledge of local must things to do & we felt very homely. The 5 star amenities, including the indoor fireplace which speaks volumes about their warmth & affection towards the guests. We had the whole house, dining hall, garden space, ample parking space, all by our selves (unlike hotels, confined to one room), and everyone of family were highly indebted to this wonderful hospitality. Highly recommended.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Dear Babu V,
Thank you for taking your time out to write this great review. It was our pleasure to host you and your beautiful family. We look forward to seeing you again at Sha Ri Loum.
Mayur S
“Serene, beautiful & cosy place to rejuvenate your mind, body & soul”
Reviewed 27 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Spent 15 days in this beautiful property. If you want to spend quality time with friends & family then this is the place to be Shillong.

Kudos to amazing host Farida & all the staff. Keep up the great work.

Mayur Sharma
Production Designer

Dear Mayur S,
Thank you so much for your generous review of Sha Ri Loum. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Farida
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing