This is a very beautiful place located away from the crowded area police bazar. The interiors are very beautiful and Farida has put her life into the property. The staff is very good and Cooperative and particularly Farida is very good at hosting people. All my 3 days were very good. This place enhanced my mood. I'm from hospitality industry and I suggest this place.
Farida, whenever I come to shillong please put one room for me .
We had a great time staying there. Special care was given for us regarding food, transport, guidance.
Thank you Madam, from all of us.
Recently I stayed at this homestay called Sha Ri Loum with my family and following are the issues we faced:
1) The villa had been doubled booked and the alloted bedroom named 'Areca' was being used by bollywood crew members extensively. The shooting articles and equipments were dumped in Areca room.The washrooms were extensively used. While I got the clutter cleared and was getting freshen up, one of the shooting crew members entered my room without even knocking the door and blatantly used the washroom. The owner says that the bedrooms were available, then is this what a lady guest shall expect?an unknown male member blatantly entering my bedroom and using toilets? If yes, then the owner needs to attend etiquette and mannerisms from hospitality institutes.
2) The Areca room did not have the following-
B. Toilet rolls
D. Steamer and glasses were filthy with thick layer of dust
F. No coffee powder
After requesting all the above items, the helper said we provide these only after guest arrives. Even after 2 hours of arrival it was not provided as the helpers were busy helping shooting crew members
3) There are 4 options provided for breakfast but we were only served tasteless watery egg bhurji, we were expected to toast the bread with a non-working toaster. NO CORNFLAKES were provided and my children kept asking for it.
When we requested for parathas to be prepared next day(as we do not eat nonveg on Saturday for religious reasons) , the Cook and manager said there are not enough ingredients. I m still wondering why the menu card is prepared if only egg has to be served on every single day. The market is just 5 mins away from the villa and we informed the Cook 15 hrs in advance.
4) We were paying the charges for the entire villa but we were expected to be contented with the used up dirty bedrooms on arrival. We could not use the living area, the dining area (dog poop all around) and the garden as 50+ crew members and shooting equipments had occupied all the areas.
5) The usual check in time is 12pm , even after arriving in the evening, travelling all the way from maharastra to meghalaya we had to wait for dinner until 11pm and people all around us. The children slept off eating chips.
6) After escalating all the issues, the owner asked us to pay all the money on the second day and disagreed to serve dinner until the bill is cleared. To any layman's knowledge the bill payments are cleared during check out and when we requested for the same they refused to serve food and asked us to checkout next morning. How awfully can guests be treated can be learnt from the owner. Such a inhuman treated to 3 and 7 year old children???? The children ate biscuits and slept.
7) After denying serving us parathas we cooked the breakfast ourselves from our own leftover rice for previous night packed dinner. To our surprise the kitchen had unopened cornflakes and coffee powder for which the manager and helper kept saying unavailable.
These are just few of many problems
we have faced. Vacations are meant to chill out and relax but unfortunately we were stressed out with new issues and discussions all 3 days.
Thanks to TripAdvisor portal which gives an opportunity to customers to provide feedback which guides others to book only at genuine places.
A very nice place to stay. Timely and tasty food.!! The help and treatment of the management is really nice.. overall had a great time staying there..!
Travellers normally finalize a location and then search for properties to stay but it was opposite in my case. I came across this property online and then decided to visit Shillong and planned my itinerary. The real property was by far more beautiful than the online photographs. We were a family of 10 adults and 2 kids to celebrate my father’s 60th birthday and I am sure there couldn’t have been a better birthday gift for him. We rented the whole property (all 4 rooms) for 3 days/2 nights starting 12th March and each room has a beauty of its own. The rooms are squeaky clean and bathrooms are huge with hot water throughout. The living room is the best place in the house where all the family members can sit around the fireplace in the evening and sit coffee/eat hot pakoras in the cold Shillong weather.
Before you check-in, a call with the owner of the house, Farida provides you the first impression of what you can expect at her gorgeous abode. She is the most humble lady who was extremely flexible and was willing to go to lengths to ensure that our stay was a memorable one. Her team of house boys and a cook are extremely supportive. The only regret I have is that I didn’t plan the trip for another couple of days in Shillong.
we were a large family of 10 members, including children aged 8 to parents who were in their 70's, who booked the whole Sha Ri Loum homestay in Shillong. It had an excellent record for cleanliness, hospitability. The homestay is tucked away from the chaos of the city, yet easily accessible to all amenities. The host & their team where real caring, be it food, guidance, knowledge of local must things to do & we felt very homely. The 5 star amenities, including the indoor fireplace which speaks volumes about their warmth & affection towards the guests. We had the whole house, dining hall, garden space, ample parking space, all by our selves (unlike hotels, confined to one room), and everyone of family were highly indebted to this wonderful hospitality. Highly recommended.
Spent 15 days in this beautiful property. If you want to spend quality time with friends & family then this is the place to be Shillong.
Kudos to amazing host Farida & all the staff. Keep up the great work.