“nice ...”
Review of Ashutosh Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shillong
Ashutosh Inn
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Shillong
Guwahati, India
“nice ...”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

i generally go to Shillong for business trips...i have stayed in a lot of hotels there but this place is alwayz preferred coz of its location and value for money. Staff is alwayz welcoming ..a gud place for short trips!! thumbs up!!

Room Tip: Business trip preferred!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mirza85007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dharmapuri, India
Reviewed 21 April 2012

i stayed from 18 april to 20th april with my family in room no 102 really its very comfort for we three hotel staff DALA & renu very nice service by arranging cabs pickup &drop from gawhati airport on time & also for cherrapunjee trip very nice but food is average

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank DharmapuriAnand
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This review is for the normal double room:
Pros:
Centrally located. (Five minutes walk from where you can get cabs to Guwahati and major shopping centres)
The food is great!
Beds are comfortable
Bathroom and rooms are generally clean.
Staff were friendly (by friendly i mean they were not rude and I guess this is usually as best as it gets).
The interior of the hotel is quite nice, don't be fooled by the tiny entrance.
The rooms are "warm" and by that I mean that you don't feel cold even in the cold weather of shillong.

Cons:
Rooms were rather small but then I and my friend used it mainly for sleeping so it didn't bother us that much. If three adults take a normal double room they might find that space is rather constrained but for two people its just about okay.
Curtains are rather threadbare (Don't know if this is a con but since our room was street facing it felt like that people living in the houses on the opposite street could see through the curtains, curtains need to be replaced ASAP).
Hot water has to be turned on by an employee but once they know you are staying in the room they switched it on once you informed them and didn't switch it off until we left so maybe not really a "con".
The cable connection in our room sucked and I had to constantly adjust the cable connection to get a good signal. (This might not be the case in other rooms).

General : Since I was on a holiday I didn't even try out their free internet connection so I don't know if their internet service works or not.

Instead of booking via yatra.com or other travel website contact them directly via their phone and make a manual booking . If they ask you to transfer money take a printout of your online transaction. I did this and they accepted that I had transferred the money.

I would rate it a four out of five for this type of hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank Highway_Run
Sivasagar
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently with family. Not at all a pleasant stay. Hotel run by only skeleton staff ( may be due to off season). Don't expect even a cup a cup of tea before 9 o' clock. The room also had a geyser but the power switch was controlled by the staff and we had to wait for hot water.We had confirmed our booking through yatra.com but the hotel staff told us that they are yet to receive the payment. In all , we felt cheated. The only plus point of the hotel is that it is centrally located.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank rksinha59
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Hi All! I have visited Ashutosh inn on Dec 2011 for celebrating New year with my friends. Earlier when I booked this hotel online I have been in a little worry of the fact about the rooms. The Exterior is really bad, One would think what sought of a hotel is this? But after we checked in, I must say, what fabulous rooms we got. Excellent interior decoration, excellent luxury, excellent food quality, excellent atmosphere & off course neat & clean. one thing is for sure, if I could visit Shillong again, I would definitely stay in Ashutosh inn. I am very very impressed.

Room Tip: go for Delux DBL Room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Subhro1986
allahabad
Reviewed 7 June 2011

i simply love this hotel, not far from anywhere, your are always connected from all part of the city. the rates are very much affordable for all classes of people. comfortable stay with a good service. i have no complaints to make. good work ashutosh inn continue your service.

wishes
ali

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank alikhanAllahabad
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Hi,
Really, its my pleasure to be there last time. With this rate its really very charming and very comfortable. Everytime I stay there and enjoy the hospitality. This year they have completed the extension. Of course, guest will be more happy with the additional facility.

My best wishes to Mr. Shardul (Owner of this Hotel)

Be the guest there and enjoy their hospitality.
-Nion