OYO 4740 White Orchid
Ri Kynjai(Shillong)
TripAdvisor
Priceline
Priceline
All reviewsguest housepolice bazarlocation is beautifulfirst floorrooms are cleanquality of foodshillong cityroom heaterguwahati airportcomfortable stayguesthouserbidecembermrbehaviourgeyserkilometers
Reviewed 4 July 2013

White Orchid Guest House is worth the money, Apt service.
Chetan was a great help throughout my stay at the guest house. He assigned comfortable rooms as per my request; Food, travel, miscellaneous was all taken care by him single handed. He also kept a constant check on my safety while I was travelling. Place is clean, tidy, spacious, good view, food is decent, hot water is available both at morning and night, closets are also available.
Toilets are clean. Taxi’s can be located easily and best of all a call can be made to Chetan and he'll arrange everything without any hassle. Chetan, thank you. I would not have had a pleasant and peaceful stay without your help.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Seema_Steffi
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stay at White Orchid was absolutely no nonsense and their tariff is totally justified..clean and spacious rooms,well maintained linen and bathrooms...any information or service you need,you get it in minutes.I cant say much about food that is available as we had linch and dinner at mi-casa and breakfast at madras cafe as we simply couldn't get enough of what they had to offer.

Mr.Chetan at White Orchid was very helpful and we owe him many many thanks for perfect arrangements right from the pick-up till dropping us back at Guwahati,everything was taken care of.Its far from the city madness which worked well for us.Would definitely recommend this guesthouse for people traveling with kids.

Room Tip: rooms in first floor where we stayed are very good.that only means I dont know how rooms in first floor are!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nomad r
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Had gone to Shillong in the month of may with my wife for three days . A friend had recommended the guesthouse where he stays on a regular basis when in shillong . I found the place clean , the staff friendly and helpful . The toilets are very clean .

What was really special was the view of Shillong town from the rooftop . The sunset view from the roof was truly breathtaking , just wish i had a good camera with me .

I plan to return soon.

Room Tip: Book the first floor rooms as the view is v good from the floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Zafar786396
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The guest house is worth of money if u consider the quality of the rooms and its contents. But it is not at all walkable distance from Police Bazaar. The food you will get is tasty, healthy but only very very few normal cooking menus. Besides they will not give lunch even if u request. For dinner the order need to be placed mostly in the daytime which is ridiculous.

Room Tip: Take 1st First floor rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DEB_2604
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This guest house is affiliated to Youth Hostel. Worth of money nicely located . Walkin distance ( 2 Km ) from Police Market. We have stayed for two days recently( May 2013) enjoyed a lot with the hospitality and of course food ( Home cooked).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple