Hotel Diamond Palace
  • Beachfront
US$51
US$43
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 November 2011

we had booked two double rooms in this hotel during aug 2011 and were very satisfied to stay there. the most wonderful part of this hotel is the balcony attached to each room which gives a clear insight to the sea. you can truly enjoy the sea from the balcony like we did. the staff was wonderful and well behaved. the food was delicious. the rooms were neat and clean. they used to sweep the room twice everyday.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank abhisanpro
Reviewed 8 November 2011

It was my first trip to Puri and We have stayed at Hotel Diamond Palace (3 days 2 night, Room No. 305/306). It was a charming stay in this hotel. Sea is just in front of this hotel and surroundings are very calm. Ohh!! The hotel staff, boy are very good and polite. It's restaurant is very good and food is very hygienic and healthy. Room service was excellent. ...
So come and enjoy, take a flavor of the diamond....
----Proloy Taran Das

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I went to India last summer(Yr 2010) and booked this hotel through an agent in Kolkata and he assured that this is a perfect hotel for me and my mom for the pleasant summer weekend.He also informed that the hotel management was friendly and in case there is any problem they would look into it without any hassles.On reaching we had to deposit Rs.3000 as an advance deposit and besides we had already paid Rs 1500 to the agency back in Kolkata.They had charged us Rs.1500 per night when we later on found out that it was only Rs.900 for an Air-conditioned room.And reaching our room we noticed the Air-conditioner was not working and when I went downstairs to the Front Desk to complain they said it will take some time to cool down the room!What a good joke!And when it was still not up and working and after constantly being pursued they finally gave us a new room.It took almost 4-5 hrs for us to realize that the room was somewhat cool.And the best part being the A.C was controlled from downstairs from the Management room.Unbelievable!So you can do nothing about it-no temperature regulation,nothing!And when we went again to the front desk to know whether we could be moved to a non air-conditioned room,the management people informed us they can do nothing about it because we have already booked the A.C room in advance.Isn't that a simple way and the best to rob people of their money!The only positive aspect was the staff(meaning the guys who would clean up our room and provide drinking water bottles) were the only ones who were nice.So beware everyone ,whoever is looking forward to spending an awesome summer vacation with your family at the Puri beach, this is definitely NOT the right hotel to stay at because they will welcome you at first with a smiling face and then you are hooked,overcharged and cheated!And please make sure if you are contacting an agency for your hotel/flight/trip reservations they are genuine and please read the reviews online or if you a visitor travelling India please get a handy guide book like Lonely Planet etc.
So,overall I will give the Diamond Palace(what a contradictory name,though they will be rich after stealing your money) in Puri a 1 out of 10-only for the staff people.

Room Tip: Please read online reviews!!!
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Iloveindia2011
Reviewed 30 April 2011

I had made advanced booking for two rooms for 5 days and paid 50% as advanced booking amount. Due to some unavoidable circumstances, we had to cancel the trip (almost 2 months before the travel date). I informed Mr Pradeep Kumar Saha (one of the owner of the hotel +91 9830037163) about the cancellation of booking and he told that they will deduct 30% of booking amount and return the rest of the amount.

When I contacted/visited their office in Kolkata, their manager (Mr Chandan .. as far as I remember), first refused to return amount amount due to cancellation. Later, after several calls and requests, they agreed to return back a portion of the advanced booking amount, after deducting 30% of the total charges for all 5 days (note: it is not the 30% of the booking amount).

Looks like they cheat people. You should not pay any advance to this hotel as they changes the policy randomly. Quite unprofessional.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank archanpaul
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Recently some of my relatives went to Puri and stayed at Diamond Palace. Some costly things including Camera, Wrist Watch were stolen from hotel room and the thieves were found to run away. Despite my relative shouts, the gaurd did not come to help. Manager requested my relitive not to file police complain
As my relatives went to police station to file a FIR, police denied to do so though they came for enquery. Nothing happend.
On last day stay there out of curiosity my relatives went to the back of the Hotel as they found the thieves to runaway that side. My relative were beaten by some people as they comlained to the police. Two of my relatives were bleeding heavily with broken head. They had to run for Railway station to come directly to Kolkata.
They did not dare to complain further in anticipation further negative consequesnces

Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family